[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

RoverDude mentioned that it is 1.08/kerbal/day, but I would like to say why it will likely not be changed to 1/kerbal/day.

All the rates in the game appear to run amounts per second. Supplies appears to be set to 0.00005 units per kerbal per second. I'd guess that was more convenient than 1/6/60/60 = 0.0000463.

RoverDude mentioned that it is 1.08/kerbal/day, but I would like to say why it will likely not be changed to 1/kerbal/day. CRP and all the active mods supporting it just changed over to a 1 unit to 1 liter standard and while RD of course has no obligation to stick to that standard I think there would have to be a significant reason for him to consider going against that.

Not that I speak for RoverDude of course.

But they are the 1 unit = 1 liter standard. You're confusing unit of measure with consumption rate ;)

And yes, it's so that per second conversions are nice round numbers.

But they are the 1 unit = 1 liter standard. You're confusing unit of measure with consumption rate ;)

Yup I was saying you were going to stick with that convention rather than change it just so that it becomes 1/kerbal/day.

-_- Really? :facepalm:

Even if sticking with the convention that would be possible. I don't get why people don't go the intuitive way.

-_- Really? :facepalm:

Even if sticking with the convention that would be possible. I don't get why people don't go the intuitive way.

Really.

Because I am the guy that has to do a ton of configs, and it's a lot easier for me to work with multiples of 0.00005 than multiples of 0.0000462962962962963.

Because I am the guy that has to do a ton of configs, and it's a lot easier for me to work with multiples of 0.00005 than multiples of 0.0000462962962962963.

Well, I'm sorry to hear that, and I thank you for the work and contribution you've given to the community. And I'll say it again, I would be happy to help.

Really.

How dare you! Get back to it! No sleeping! *cracks whip*

- - - Updated - - -

Rd, do you have any plans for extra recycling modules, or will it be all from mks? I know universal storage says they will be implementing support for your life support mod.

I've noticed that the life support status display is somewhat confusing for craft with supplies but no kerbals on board - it looks nearly the same as a craft with kerbals with no supplies.

might make more sense to show the total supplies on board in kerbal-days or kerbal-years.

How dare you! Get back to it! No sleeping! *cracks whip*

- - - Updated - - -

Rd, do you have any plans for extra recycling modules, or will it be all from mks? I know universal storage says they will be implementing support for your life support mod.

You have a mini greenhouse in the current release

I've noticed that the life support status display is somewhat confusing for craft with supplies but no kerbals on board - it looks nearly the same as a craft with kerbals with no supplies.

might make more sense to show the total supplies on board in kerbal-days or kerbal-years.

Github issue please

Rover, What did you do?!?

I just got an alert message that Val raided the snacks and lost some out the airlock... And 3 years worth of NOMS are now missing from my container... 120 day asteroid capture mission stalled on day 88 due to crew strike :confused:

I find it funny as heck but just a little bit excessive :P

EDIT: Hu... apparently the NOMS dump occurs after they have been without power too long. I had forgotten to re-deploy my solar panels after almost blowing them up with overheating (Thought they where suppose to be good radiators but the solar flux was triggering a heat warnings)

Edited by ExavierMacbeth

Rover, What did you do?!?

I just got an alert message that Val raided the snacks and lost some out the airlock... And 3 years worth of NOMS are now missing from my container... 120 day asteroid capture mission stalled on day 88 due to crew strike :confused:

I find it funny as heck but just a little bit excessive :P

EDIT: Hu... apparently the NOMS dump occurs after they have been without power too long. I had forgotten to re-deploy my solar panels after almost blowing them up with overheating (Thought they where suppose to be good radiators but the solar flux was triggering a heat warnings)

heh, yeah they can get a bit aggressive if they can't heat up their snacks...

Welcome to the joys of non lethal life support :D

LMAO. Wonder if i could convince her to go EVA to heat them up. Apparently the new heat system doesn't work on rails so my nervs have been overheating for weeks. I think it would make the perfect microwave for her snacks :P

@RoverDude, there's a design flaw in the game that lets tourists to go EVA.

Tourists can use IVA props to get out of the vehicle:

ulYH2PWl.png

Big issue for this mod. Hope you can bring it to devs faster than anyone on the forums.

Ohhhhh, so that's by design? I reported this a few pages back but I didn't want to push it because I modded the capsules to have 10 days of supplies built in and decreased the time-to-starve accordingly. Figured it was a weird interaction as a result of my changes.

I have a question. Aren't the orange suits supposed to not strike? Because bob is the sole kerbal on my ship and he is definitely striking...

Or rather, the game seems to consider him a tourist

edit: Can someone write me an MM patch to add 10 supplies to all command pods that have a minimum crew greater than or equal to 1? Even better if there is a way to have 10 supplies per kerbal up to the max allowed in the pod. It only makes sense that a command pod would have a few snacks in a bin somewhere. Not enough for any long amount of time, but some.

Edited by PringleMan

I have a question. Aren't the orange suits supposed to not strike? Because bob is the sole kerbal on my ship and he is definitely striking...

Or rather, the game seems to consider him a tourist

edit: Can someone write me an MM patch to add 10 supplies to all command pods that have a minimum crew greater than or equal to 1? Even better if there is a way to have 10 supplies per kerbal up to the max allowed in the pod. It only makes sense that a command pod would have a few snacks in a bin somewhere. Not enough for any long amount of time, but some.

There is one in the thread already.

quite right too: imagine stodgy bland microwave food without the microwave!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.