SELV - Stockalike Expendable Launch Vehicles V.1.4 - Updated 25/09/2015

Most of the pictures in that album are broken!

Other than that, yay! I'll try it now e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶o̶o̶l̶!

Most of the pictures in that album are broken!

Other than that, yay! I'll try it now e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶o̶o̶l̶!

Hm, strange, I can view them all. :huh:

What's the booster diameter?

2.5m, if you mean the SRB. Overall Launch Vehicle diameter is 3.75m.

Is that upper stage a prototype of the DCUS for your delta IV?

Well, not really, noonespecial is making the DCSS for the Delta IV, so... ;) But it was a test, on how I would approach doing such a model, so let's say it was an indirect test for me. :D

Hey kart, just realized that since your making the J-2 for the Saturn 1B, how about using the same model for the J-2X on the Delta IX upper stage?

That was one of my thoghts, but I'll make a complete remake of the H1 for Launchers Pack anyway, I am using much less complex models here, for easier use with other rockets. But the H1 is actually already in the work, for SELV and for Launchers Pack. ;)

Hm, strange, I can view them all. :huh:

2.5m, if you mean the SRB. Overall Launch Vehicle diameter is 3.75m.

Well, not really, noonespecial is making the DCSS for the Delta IV, so... ;) But it was a test, on how I would approach doing such a model, so let's say it was an indirect test for me. :D

That was one of my thoghts, but I'll make a complete remake of the H1 for Launchers Pack anyway, I am using much less complex models here, for easier use with other rockets. But the H1 is actually already in the work, for SELV and for Launchers Pack. ;)

Delta IX, like in The Martian?

Well in that case, let me give you some specs:

First stage - 4 RS-68A or B engines. 8.4m diameter.

Boosters - 2 Delta IV CBC's.

Second stage - 2 J2-X engines.

Third stage - 2 RL-60 engines.

Brings about 70mt to LEO.

BTW the EagleEye probes are similar to the Titan Saturn System Mission, except with the TIME lander and an Enceladus ice spear.

Edited by _Augustus_

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Oh what!? 16,289 downloads on Kerbalstuff? But...how!?!?:confused: Maybe I should get back to this again...

16.289 downloads (and counting) is just a testament to how awesome your work is :) Top notch quality all the way!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I do not know how this will turn out, but I thought I'd post it. Also, it's not really stockalike, it is obviously based on a real thing, but I'm not really gonna replicate it. It will be a...well, I hope, better looking Falcon 9 1.0. The texture will be somewhat incluenced by that stylish Blue Origin style paintjob and a kerbal agency. I have no idea how this will turn out, I'll just keep working on it.

Maybe I'll rename this mod, and just publish everything non-replica thingy here, I'll have to think about that. I mean, who says that parts which don't look as old and greyish as the stock parts can't be a stockalike part? If somehow I can make them have their own unique style..well ok, they are not stockalike...ugh I don't know. Just tell me your opinion as I post updates.

http://i.imgur.com/4wZ8bjY.png

Remember that the stock artstyle has shifted over the last year and a half or so - since about when you made this. Most authors try and take their style inspiration from the Mk2/Mk3 parts that were sort of 'paving the way' for the new stock style and color palettes. Remains to be seen if we'll ever get the rest...

Mh so more like this maybe?

u3zknT4.png

(Yeah that is pretty much a stock texture, slightly edited btw)

I could also think about instead of the dark grey stripes at top & bottom to make them orange/red...more like that radial 120kN Space-shuttle inspired OMS engine (no idea what its name was right now)..

lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.