nightingale

[1.4.x] Contract Pack: Field Research [v1.2.1] [2017-06-04]

Asking for help with the following contract. Note - This is one part of four whereby the other three were pretty clear

Collect science

Situation: Landed

Experiment: Biome Research

Recovery: Recover or Transmit

From what I have deduced, or what I find after eliminating the obvious, is that there is at least one item that will collect "biome research" as an experiment rather than completing an experiment within a particular biome, which as you know is the norm (as in the latter). However, I am at a loss as to the identity of the item (as a part) in question. In the interim of waiting for a viable response, I will dig through the .cfg files to see if it indicates any insight accordingly. 

Kind regards,

:ph34r:G

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:20 AM, FuzzyG said:

Asking for help with the following contract. Note - This is one part of four whereby the other three were pretty clear

Collect science

Situation: Landed

Experiment: Biome Research

Recovery: Recover or Transmit

From what I have deduced, or what I find after eliminating the obvious, is that there is at least one item that will collect "biome research" as an experiment rather than completing an experiment within a particular biome, which as you know is the norm (as in the latter). However, I am at a loss as to the identity of the item (as a part) in question. In the interim of waiting for a viable response, I will dig through the .cfg files to see if it indicates any insight accordingly. 

Kind regards,

:ph34r:G

If you have the pathfinder mod installed it might be one of the science parts from that mod.  I think you have to build a small base to research the biome.

Edited by Vaga

1 minute ago, Vaga said:

If you have the pathfinder mod installed it might be one of the science parts from that mod.  I think you have to build a small base to research the biome.

Thank you for your response. I do have pathfinder installed along with about 207 other mods. Are you certain that the item in question is listed amongst said science parts? I will see if it indicates which are which. 

Cheers

16 minutes ago, FuzzyG said:

Thank you for your response. I do have pathfinder installed along with about 207 other mods. Are you certain that the item in question is listed amongst said science parts? I will see if it indicates which are which. 

Cheers

Its not in the "Science parts" its one of the functions of making a small base.  digging some of the soil up for that biome and doing some research on it.  Yes I have pathfinder and all of Angel125's other mods installed.

The same question and answer can be found on page 14 of this thread.

Edited by Vaga

Anyone have an update on KSP 1.5.x status on this now that Contract Configurator has been updated for 1.5.x support?

Any indication that it *doesn't* work for 1.5*?  Contracts would only need rebuilding/updating if some function of CC drastically changed.

anyway of making a config to ignore certain sciencedefs of certain mods? Field research is getting confused between Bluedog design, coatl and dmagic. Those 3 mods work together but flied research is asking for experiments I cannot produce because of compatibility configs within those mods. I basicly want field research to only use stock sciencedefs and dmagics. 

Spoiler

@CC_EXPERIMENT_DEFINITIONS[StationScience]
{
    @EXPERIMENT,*
    {
        ignored = true
    }
}
@CC_EXPERIMENT_DEFINITIONS[Coatl Aerospace]
{
    @EXPERIMENT,*
    {
        ignored = true
    }
}
@CC_EXPERIMENT_DEFINITIONS[StationPartsExpansionRedux]
{
    @EXPERIMENT,*
    {
        ignored = true
    }
}
@CC_EXPERIMENT_DEFINITIONS[Bluedog_DB]
{
    @EXPERIMENT,*
    {
        ignored = true
    }
}

I tried copying station science and it works ingame by ignoring them but when loading module manager says error. Nothing major but since I have not idea what I am doing I would like to ask people that know what they are doing :) 

Hi

I have a problem with one mission from this pack.

Minmus

Highlands

High in space

Anomaly scan

The only thing that can do an anomaly scan i have is "Anomalous Signal Sensor - BTDT" by DMagic, and for that to work i need to be wihin 200 meters, not above 30 kilometers.

Is there anyhting i can do? Should i ask in the DMagic thread?

Thanks.

6 hours ago, anotherlurker said:

Minmus

Highlands

High in space

Anomaly scan

The only thing that can do an anomaly scan i have is "Anomalous Signal Sensor - BTDT" by DMagic, and for that to work i need to be wihin 200 meters, not above 30 kilometers.

Is there anyhting i can do? Should i ask in the DMagic thread?

This does allow for modded experiments, and sometimes they have their own restrictions coded in that can cause problems like this.  However, in this case I think this is a SCANsat experiment - so I'd try that first.  I don't know the name of the part, but I assume that's the @DMagic thread you were referring to.

9 hours ago, nightingale said:

This does allow for modded experiments, and sometimes they have their own restrictions coded in that can cause problems like this.  However, in this case I think this is a SCANsat experiment - so I'd try that first.  I don't know the name of the part, but I assume that's the @DMagic thread you were referring to.

Thanks for answering!

I made a probe with all science that could be it, hovered over an anomaly i already found at all heights etc, nothing would do. Your contract packs are great but i sadly have to turn it off... the rest of the contract had weird things as well, but hauling a 6 ton plant growth lab and a huge radio astronomy telescope is nothing compared to this problem with the anomaly scan. :confused:

3 hours ago, anotherlurker said:

Thanks for answering!

I made a probe with all science that could be it, hovered over an anomaly i already found at all heights etc, nothing would do. Your contract packs are great but i sadly have to turn it off... the rest of the contract had weird things as well, but hauling a 6 ton plant growth lab and a huge radio astronomy telescope is nothing compared to this problem with the anomaly scan. :confused:

Took a peek and this does indeed seem to be from the "Anomalous Signal Sensor" in DMOS, and you're correct that it's tied to distance from an anomaly.  So I'll likely just remove this experiment from the list of valid experiments.  Raised ContractConfigurator/#673.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Took a peek and this does indeed seem to be from the "Anomalous Signal Sensor" in DMOS, and you're correct that it's tied to distance from an anomaly.  So I'll likely just remove this experiment from the list of valid experiments.  Raised ContractConfigurator/#673.

In a similar vein, also from DMOS, "Visual Reports" (Orbital Telescope) are asked for while landed, and SIGINT reports from specific biomes from low/high orbit, both of which are impossible; the telescope doesn't work while landed or atmospheric flight, and the SIGINT-dish only yields reports for northern or southern hemisphere, not biomes.

1 hour ago, VenDei said:

In a similar vein, also from DMOS, "Visual Reports" (Orbital Telescope) are asked for while landed, and SIGINT reports from specific biomes from low/high orbit, both of which are impossible; the telescope doesn't work while landed or atmospheric flight, and the SIGINT-dish only yields reports for northern or southern hemisphere, not biomes.

Thanks for the heads up - sounds like I need to a do a bit of a review of the DMOS experiment limitations.

That would be quite awesome. I never considered those things gamebreaking, just not very well integrated, and I usually treat them with some care while picking contracts. You know, like stock testing contracts with ridiculous conditions.

And--for the sake of gameplay "mulligans"--if an individual contract has an obvious bug like that, I'll just ignore/dismiss it, or achieve what *would* be the success state, then cheat-achieve the contract via alt-f12.

Of course, the ideal is to fix the integration, but it's a shame to loose all the other awesome, perfectly valid contracts this pack generates by switching it off altogether.

• Like 2