If there were no limits - what would you make?

Foxster

I actually really wish that KSP allowed for space elevator construction.

Otherwise I think I'd like to build my own space center in low Kerbin Orbit.

I know this isn't really the place for mod suggestion, but you can build a place to launch rockets and stuff from orbit with Extra planetary launchpads...

Also, add another one to my list: Ability to never run out of RAM.

Edited by Fireking883

The problem with having no limits is knowing your limits. Are these lack of limits themselves limited to rockets and space constructions? Can I use KSP Unlimited to run a simulation of the entire universe? Are we already living in a simulation run on a copy of KSP Unlimited?

well, I can't prove that we are not.

A gigantic llama statue.

I'm pretty sure I saw horse that someone made a while back.

- A suspension bridge over Des Canyon (constructed in situ, not just landed over it).

- A highly detailed replica of Serenity with full interior and working shuttles (and main engines that don't flop about).

- Mass-relay type rail-cannons and then do a grand tour that involved flinging a Kerbal between planets. (I've tried to build a KSP rail gun before, it mostly exploded).

- A stable rover ;)

Let me see... A space elevator, a parkour city, an aircraft carrier, a stock supersized hover carrier, a replica of the bebop from Bebop, a replica cube station from Elite: Dangerous, and a domino course the size of gilly (not really but someone would).

Seriously though, I would probably do a realistic long term colony mission to Laythe. Balancing for radiation shielding and full sized rockets to return from the surface. It would be like Avatar (blue people movie) in a nutshell. I would also make an entire video series based on it.

Realistic to whom?

Err, hang on, this seems familiar.

Lord, don't start this again.

I would keep on making replicas, just even more detailed. All the parts. All of them.

Recreating things gives me a warm little spot in my brain, there's nothing quite like it.

I'd make a huge enough body for it to have it's own gravitational field, so I could have a station orbiting my artificial-moon station which is orbiting a moon which is orbiting a planet which is orbiting a star :D

Lord, don't start this again.

Sorry :blush: Couldn't resist.

would keep on making replicas, just even more detailed. All the parts. All of them. Recreating things gives me a warm little spot in my brain, there's nothing quite like it.
Kinda know what you mean. For me though it's to find that if you run an ion engine on just oxidizer whilst flying through the sun you come out at Uranus. If you know what I mean.

With no limits, I think that I'd start by building something really big. Like a space elevator or a Dyson sphere or a replica of Simon Cowell's ego. Then I'd put a load of engines on it and fly it to Jool, aerobrake it and then land it on Laythe as a permanent colony.

- - - Updated - - -

Death Star. No wait! death System! NO WAIT! DEATH GALAXY!!!!!!!!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!
You made I laugh.

This gives me ideas.

Step 1) install KAS, KJR, and pretty much anything else that will make my docking connections rigid as all get out.

Step 2) build a mothership that can carry these station cores like current ones carry probes.

Step 3) Add every planet pack that works, run a grand tour.

Xtoro I like the way you think. Add this to my list as well.

Haha, thanks. I'm already waiting for MSS to get updated, or someone else come out with a mod for multiple solar systems. I'm starting to feel confined in this system lol

And,

I can start on the sequel which I already have in mind which takes place in another solar system

;)

If I had no limits, i would try to land the Mün(softly) on Kerbin. Work my way to having all but Jool landed on Kerbin. Maybe put Kerbin(plus landed planets) in Jool orbit as a moon. All with rockets. If I had no limits, if the planets weren't on rails. If I had absolutely no limits and with other stars? Attempt to equal a black hole using the same method but with stars. Maybe build an unimaginably dense 3d game using the planets and rockets as the atoms and physics that make up gigantic voxels. I have no limits, this includes processing power, and will to succeed. All done using KSP as a framework.

I would replicate the p̶l̶a̶n̶e̶t̶ ̶e̶a̶r̶t̶h̶ universe and make my own utopian civilization attempt.

Edited by LABHOUSE

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.