Sigma88

Sigma Binary

Recommended Posts

@totos_totidis how bad is this bug?

I've tried reproducing it, and I can. but it doesn't affect gameplay much so I need to be looking at the console to find out

does it also causes any kind of error while ingame?

I tried to look for a solution yesterday, but it's harder than I expected so it might be a while before I can come up with one

Edited by Sigma88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

@totos_totidis how bad is this bug?

I've tried reproducing it, and I can. but it doesn't affect gameplay much so I need to be looking at the console to find out

does it also causes any kind of error while ingame?

I tried to look for a solution yesterday, but it's harder than I expected so it might be a while before I can come up with one

It causes realy high amounts of lag and the only way to tell is from the lag and the console. It renders interstellar travel impossible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd suggest you to uninstall SB for the time being

 

I need to take a very deep look at the code to fix it

this is caused by a KSP "bug" where it freaks out when the soi of a body is bigger than the soi of its parent

(like happens for the primary and the barycenter)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no changes are required for compatibility, so the latest version of SB is compatible with both old and new kopernicus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5-7-2015 at 5:20 PM, Sigma88 said:

- Is it possible to create ternary systems?
You can create some multiple systems but it's a little harder to set up, feel free to ask for more info in the thread. 

Hi I'd like to know how to make ternary systems.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Hi I'd like to know how to make ternary systems.

assuming you have 3 bodies where C orbits B and B orbits A

and assuming you want AB to be binary and BC to be binary

inside the Body node of C you can just add:

SigmaBinary {}

inside the Body node of B you need to add this:

SigmaBinary
{
    after = C
}

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@Sigma88

And if I want C to be binary with AB?

you need to put C in orbit around A, and then do the same I explained above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sigma88 said:

you need to put C in orbit around A, and then do the same I explained above

okay. thx !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to release this without the Sigma88LoadingScreens binary? Will removing the DLL be sufficient if I don't want the loading screens in my game? (I am using LoadingScreenManager)

Edited by westamastaflash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, westamastaflash said:

Is there a way to release this without the Sigma88LoadingScreens binary? Will removing the DLL be sufficient if I don't want the loading screens in my game? (I am using LoadingScreenManager)

You can just delete the LoadingScreens folder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, 

I installed Sigma Binary v1.6.2 on KSP 1.2.2 with Realism Overhaul and RSS with RSS Expanded. Everything was going fine until I used Kopernicus 1.2.2.6 but as soon as I installed the backport version 1.2.2.11 the game stopped to load: it goes on "infinite loading" as soon as I hit settings, try to load a saved game or start a new game. 

Since RSSVE works fine only with the backport version of Kopernicus I had to uninstall Sigma Binary.

I there any way to make the 1.6.2 version work with the backport version of Kopernicus? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Epox75 said:

I there any way to make the 1.6.2 version work with the backport version of Kopernicus?

I don't think so, if you want to stick with older version of SB you will need to use the versions of Kopernicus that were relevant at the time

 

sorry :|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm using v1.6.8, along with OPM, and I've got the massive lag when I get an encounter with Plock-Karen. I would try installing v1.6.5 to see if that fixes the issue, except it's for an earlier version of KSP and Kopernicus, and There's no download link for it. I'll have to try playing without for now, but please fix as soon as you can. This is a really cool mod, and I''ll be really sad if I can't use it.

P.S. How do I find the output log?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sigma88 Is this an easter egg?  I've spent the last couple hours trying to figure out how textures got jacked up in my install.  

Z8dT10S.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eberkain said:

@Sigma88 Is this an easter egg?  I've spent the last couple hours trying to figure out how textures got jacked up in my install.  

Z8dT10S.png

it was in earlier releases, it's not included anymore in the latest release

Edited by Sigma88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, and here I was tearing out all the guts of my install looking for the cause. It happens in v1.6.9, and I didnt realize the mod had updated!

Edited by theonegalen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

Oh, and here I was tearing out all the guts of my install looking for the cause. It happens in v1.6.9, and I didnt realize the mod had updated!

I had been holding off on updating until all the mods that use Kopernicus were updated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does this mod handle 3 body systems. Specifically, I've got a system of a mod planet, Duna, and Ike. the mod planet is about 3x the mass of Duna.

Currently I have Duna orbiting fairly close to the mod planet, with both of them tidally locked to each other, and Ike orbits quite far away, closer to a Minmus analog than a Mun analog.

I'd like to use sigma binary for the mod planet and Duna so that they orbit each other. How does this mod handle tidall locking? Ike should also orbit the barycenter... the main change here would be that it would have a shorter orbital period because of the extra mass of Duna (ie, the mass it orbits is 33% greater)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.