[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

9 hours ago, harpwner said:

I thought a good ol' progress report was in order so here ya go:

Tell me what you think, I may refine it further but I should move on to the smaller guns now.

For convenience purposes, the prefabs I created should be very easy to apply, just drag, drop, and place!

Edit: no audio because I was in a Skype call and watching The Big Bang Theory, just make your own sound effects

That's nice! And a relatively smaller and quicker version for heavy cruiser guns please

This may not come in the following update but will be definitely included in 0.4.0 version if completed at that time. It's time to do something cool with BDArmory 0.10

1 hour ago, Acea said:

That's nice! And a relatively smaller and quicker version for heavy cruiser guns please

This may not come in the following update but will be definitely included in 0.4.0 version if completed at that time. It's time to do something cool with BDArmory 0.10

Hmmm ... the turret he fired was a small caliber right? Wouldn't a larger gun actually have a larger and slower blast & cloud?

5 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Hmmm ... the turret he fired was a small caliber right? Wouldn't a larger gun actually have a larger and slower blast & cloud?

Comparing to the scale of that 35.6 cm turret aside, it should be the battleship gun firing effect. The small gun was just used for testing.

Edited by Acea

7 hours ago, Azimech said:

For a sound, here's something I used for my engine. Something you guys can use?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4DhKEznOyI

I actually have a good sound that wasn't portrayed in the video, honestly quite fitting, I can send that over too if you so desire.

8 hours ago, Acea said:

Comparing to the scale of that 35.6 cm turret aside, it should be the battleship gun firing effect. The small gun was just used for testing.

yeah, the small gun was indeed used for testing as I couldn't actually put it on the ship gun. I got lucky really because I thought I'd have to rescale it at first... turned out a decent size on the first try!

now I will start work on the destroyer turret effect, and maybe some other ones to make the guns more unique (really depends on my workload)

talk to you again soon!

31 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi quick question, I've built a 16 inch turret , works wonderfully well, except it keeps ripping itself off the deck, I'm using the same shell specs  and node sizes as you, so tell me am i missing a secret switch or some such, some insight would be most welcome, :)Cheers

Mine could rip itself off too if I don't use KJR so the best way should be recommending that to mod users.

Also adding these lines into PART{} should help:

breakingForce = 200000
breakingTorque = 200000

Edited by Acea

Here's the final test post, tell me what you think (feedback and I'll adjust before I send it over)

I could make more specialized effects for each gun if I had access to their files in unity, but so far here's what I got. Maybe using predictive measures I can but consider this alpha :)

24 minutes ago, harpwner said:

Here's the final test post, tell me what you think (feedback and I'll adjust before I send it over)

I could make more specialized effects for each gun if I had access to their files in unity, but so far here's what I got. Maybe using predictive measures I can but consider this alpha :)

I'm impressed! At this moment I don't see any reason to alter anything. But the big test will be when mounted on a warship firing a salvo from multiple turrets. I'll be ready when you are :)

2 hours ago, harpwner said:

Very impressive! This deserves 10+ reps if I can give out:P

Basically this would be okay and what I need in total are two more effects:

Super-dreadnought guns: about 1.2 to 1.25 times the size of the battleship effect;

Heavy cruiser guns: size comes between medium and large, basing on large caliber effect should be nice.

BTW a shorter fire displaying time would be better, smoke effects are all right now

And as always thank you for all your help!

Edited by Acea

17 minutes ago, Acea said:

Very impressive! This deserves 10+ reps if I can give out:P

Basically this would be okay and what I need in total are two more effects:

Super-dreadnought guns: about 1.2 to 1.25 times the size of the battleship effect;

Heavy cruiser guns: size comes between medium and large, basing on large caliber effect should be nice.

And as always thank you for all your help!

I'm on it :D

if I'm fast enough I can do it before I hit the sack (though I'll send files tomorrow regardless since I have to put stuff together and I don't have time for that tonight!

and pssst. how do ya like the new pic? good friend of mine helped me make it!

Edited by harpwner

52 minutes ago, harpwner said:

I'm on it :D

if I'm fast enough I can do it before I hit the sack (though I'll send files tomorrow regardless since I have to put stuff together and I don't have time for that tonight!

and pssst. how do ya like the new pic? good friend of mine helped me make it!

That's a nice avatar XD and looking forward to your wonderful stuff

Log:

dGaQiW7.png

New recommended cannon power formula! Based on new BDArmory power definitions, it should be a close reference.

[P = cannonShellPower ≈ 6 * m^(0.4) (m stands for the shell's TNT equivalent of bursting charge, kg)]
[H = cannonShellHeat ≈ 10.5 * m^(0.4)]
[R = cannonShellRadius ≈ 21 * m^(0.8) (Recommending 4.2 * m^(0.8) or 8.4 * m^(0.8) for large caliber cannons)]

Later NAS updates will use these to calculate power factors, and we're doing more to catch up with latest BDArmory functions.

Edited by Acea

11 hours ago, LORDPrometheus said:

You guys are making these epic particle effects meanwhile im derping around putting two particle shaders on the same missile and making it not load into the game. I fixed the problem there... Eventually

remind me to send you some updated effects too, I've gotten much better since I last sent you some.

and Acea, incoming files! I'll provide a brief explanation (getting together the files for sending now)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.