Jump to content

[1.8.1-1.11.2] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.7.2 "Огромный" 22/Mar/2021)


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, RyGuy_McFly said:

Hey guys, loving this mod so far! I'm sure this has been asked before but a quick search didn't help me, is there a way to make all parts show up in the simple parts list? I'm more interested in kitbashing my own custom ships rather than rebuilding real missions and would love to actually have every available engine show up under engines, for example. If there's no easy way to do this, I totally understand though, just thought I'd ask! Thanks!

Play in Sandbox mode, rather than Career or Science.

Edited by DeadJohn
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DeadJohn said:

Play in Sandbox mode, rather than Career or Science.

It's not that the parts are not yet unlocked, I can find and use them when I search for them or use the advanced menu. It's just that it seems that a lot of the parts are not listed under their correct tabs while in "simple mode" in the VAB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, RyGuy_McFly said:

It's not that the parts are not yet unlocked, I can find and use them when I search for them or use the advanced menu. It's just that it seems that a lot of the parts are not listed under their correct tabs while in "simple mode" in the VAB.

I am not certain but it sounds like you want all the ENGINE VARIANTS to be visible as separate parts.   That is not possible.   All the active engines ARE available under engines.   The only exceptions are a few engines that are being depreciated with the next update.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

I am not certain but it sounds like you want all the ENGINE VARIANTS to be visible as separate parts.   That is not possible.   All the active engines ARE available under engines.   The only exceptions are a few engines that are being depreciated with the next update.

 

No, thats not true. I get that the B9Partswitch variants cannot be seperated. Have you really not noticed all the parts that are not visible in simple mode? For example, right now I am building a 0.9375m rocket using mostly "Belle" parts, and both Belle upper stage engines (A-25 Hadar and D-35 Mafuni) are not listed under the engines tab, only when filtering by cross-section under the 0.935 tab, or in the BDB manufacturer tab. Same goes for all of the Diuscuri 0.935 engines in the same tab (EDIT: Bad example). Also, a vast majority of the Belle series fuel tanks do not show up under fuel tanks. I'm sure if I went to the manufacturers tab under BDB I could find 100's of parts not listed under their function.

And no, I do not mean the parts clearly labeled as deprecated. I avoid using those entirely.

Edited by RyGuy_McFly
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RyGuy_McFly said:

 would love to actually have every available engine show up under engines, for example.

Im not really sure what you mean

screenshot164.png?width=881&height=843

If im following you right you're not seeing the engines when you check a category like this? Sounds like some other mod or patch is moving BDB parts around.

Edited by Zorg
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RyGuy_McFly said:

No, thats not true. I get that the B9Partswitch variants cannot be seperated. Have you really not noticed all the parts that are not visible in simple mode? For example, right now I am building a 0.9375m rocket using mostly "Belle" parts, and both Belle upper stage engines (A-25 Hadar and D-35 Mafuni) are not listed under the engines tab, only when filtering by cross-section under the 0.935 tab, or in the BDB manufacturer tab. Same goes for all of the Diuscuri 0.935 engines in the same tab (EDIT: Bad example). Also, a vast majority of the Belle series fuel tanks do not show up under fuel tanks. I'm sure if I went to the manufacturers tab under BDB I could find 100's of parts not listed under their function.

And no, I do not mean the parts clearly labeled as deprecated. I avoid using those entirely.

OK I think you are looking for deprecated parts. For instance there are now only two Agena fuel tanks with b9 variants.

The Hadar engine is gone and there are now these two. The RLX81 comes in 5 variants covering Agena A,B,D,improved D and Shuttle/Droptank Agena and then there is the bigger 8096C model.

screenshot168.png?width=1324&height=843

The old Mafuni engine is gone and there are now 3 different configurations of the secondary propulsion system one running LFO, the other  mono and the other with both options.

screenshot169.png

If its not showing up in the parts list but does show up in a bulkhead search its definitely deprecated and hidden. Its possible some of them didnt have the title changed to reflect this. All current parts show up in the part list properly.

Its possible some parts didnt have their titles changed to reflect this but rest assured if its not in the part list its deprecated.

Also keep in mind if you have been searching in bulkhead profiles and using these parts, they WILL be deleted in a future update which would break craft using them. I would look to retire those craft asap. We will probably be hard deprecating them next update.

Edited by Zorg
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zorg said:

The Hadar engine is gone and there are now these two. The RLX81 comes in 5 variants covering Agena A,B,D,improved D and Shuttle/Droptank Agena and then there is the bigger 8096C model.

screenshot168.png?width=1324&height=843

 

Related to the above:   The XLR81 also covers the Ascent Agena which there isn't a lot of data on cause it was NRO only and only used on like the last 18 NRO Agena launches.     Ascent Agena had the large bell 8096B engine and a stripped down GCU (most Guidance and control were from payload not the Agena itself anymore)  Ascent Agena is actually the lightest weight and highest performing of all the actually launched Agena variants.  And the only variant with no failures in the Agena stage (excluding the Limited Run Gemini Target Agena Vehicle.)

If you dig into the Agena orders from the GAO documents that have been released it is easy to tell the Ascent Agenas.  They are the last ones ordered and they are ordered as "AGENA" and not "AGENA A" , "AGENA D" etc.   Even the GATVs were ordered as "AGENA D" for NASA.  

 

Completely un-related question.  But you brought up the 8096C.  Are we going to get the other two versions of the 8096C (same engine just different bell sizes / ISP.)   IIRC the biggest 8096C is 300:1 which would make it a bit bigger than a RL10B-2's bell   The one in game is 150:1 I think.    Cobalt has my research on that somewhere.    Giant Coloumbium nozzles FTW :D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Completely un-related question.  But you brought up the 8096C.  Are we going to get the other two versions of the 8096C (same engine just different bell sizes / ISP.)   IIRC the biggest 8096C is 300:1 which would make it a bit bigger than a RL10B-2's bell   The one in game is 150:1 I think.    Cobalt has my research on that somewhere.    Giant Coloumbium nozzles FTW :D

 

Er I'm not sure. I guess if Cobalt or someone else chooses to revisit more agena stuff. The C model has a deployable bell and we cant do variants for them (which is why its a separate part). I dont think its a priority right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zorg said:

Er I'm not sure. I guess if Cobalt or someone else chooses to revisit more agena stuff. The C model has a deployable bell and we cant do variants for them (which is why its a separate part). I dont think its a priority right now.

err...  The 8096C has a Fixed 100 or 150:1 bell currently.   There is no deploy-able bell version. 

*Starts up KSP to verify sanity hasn't slipped away with the arrival of COVID....*

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pappystein said:

err...  The 8096C has a Fixed 100 or 150:1 bell currently.   There is no deploy-able bell version. 

*Starts up KSP to verify sanity hasn't slipped away with the arrival of COVID....*

 

Oh er, I think I got it mixed up with the big Aj10 :P If thats the case I dont remember why that model is separate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So after a few launches, I thought I would provide some feedback

ATLAS Stage and a Half Auto separate.      Effin AWESOME!   Just need to remember to enable it and choose your correct G-Load...  I haven't tested it on all Atlas Variants but on the D/E early birds 4G works perfectly for me!   I assume this was a Zorg/Blowfish invention given earlier comments so thanks!

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, computercat04 said:

Dyna-Soar X-20

8SdTvk1.png

SQhtk6g.png

Overshoot a little.

bFJTWYC.png

K5GeQko.png

Are you using MechJeb, and if you are how did it fly? My ride up hill and on orbit was fine, but the flight back down was uncontrollable. Lots of yaw oscillations. Crashed every time. To avoid cluttering up the thread with non-BDB stuff, you can PM me. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, DaveyJ576 said:

Are you using MechJeb, and if you are how did it fly? My ride up hill and on orbit was fine, but the flight back down was uncontrollable. Lots of yaw oscillations. Crashed every time. To avoid cluttering up the thread with non-BDB stuff, you can PM me. Thanks!

I used MechJeb. I had to autostrut the interstage and other surrounding parts to avoid the rocket from flipping. In the reentry part I used Smart A.S.S (lol what a name) and set the pitch to 45°. I also used RCS for better control. At an altitude of about 30-20 km I disabled the RCS and flew manually for landing. Hope that helped ;)

I don't like PMing internet strangers btw.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Zorg said:

OK I think you are looking for deprecated parts. For instance there are now only two Agena fuel tanks with b9 variants.

The Hadar engine is gone and there are now these two. The RLX81 comes in 5 variants covering Agena A,B,D,improved D and Shuttle/Droptank Agena and then there is the bigger 8096C model.

screenshot168.png?width=1324&height=843

The old Mafuni engine is gone and there are now 3 different configurations of the secondary propulsion system one running LFO, the other  mono and the other with both options.

screenshot169.png

If its not showing up in the parts list but does show up in a bulkhead search its definitely deprecated and hidden. Its possible some of them didnt have the title changed to reflect this. All current parts show up in the part list properly.

Its possible some parts didnt have their titles changed to reflect this but rest assured if its not in the part list its deprecated.

Also keep in mind if you have been searching in bulkhead profiles and using these parts, they WILL be deleted in a future update which would break craft using them. I would look to retire those craft asap. We will probably be hard deprecating them next update.

Ahh ok, well that's quite unfortunate that so many great and useful parts are being removed. I've launched a few different missions now using these apparently deprecated engines and fuel tanks now... So I really shouldn't be using most of the Belle 0.935m parts (Belle-70, Belle-70B, Belle-140B, Belle-200, Belle-200D, Belle TRU, Belle BFB, Belle fairings, etc), since they're not listed under their functions? Will there ever be replacements for all these parts being removed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RyGuy_McFly said:

Ahh ok, well that's quite unfortunate that so many great and useful parts are being removed. I've launched a few different missions now using these apparently deprecated engines and fuel tanks now... So I really shouldn't be using most of the Belle 0.935m parts (Belle-70, Belle-70B, Belle-140B, Belle-200, Belle-200D, Belle TRU, Belle BFB, Belle fairings, etc), since they're not listed under their functions? Will there ever be replacements for all these parts being removed?

There should already be replacements, there might be something wrong with your install if they aren't showing up. Can you provide some screenshots of what you see when you search for "agena engine" in the VAB?

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, CDSlice said:

There should already be replacements, there might be something wrong with your install if they aren't showing up. Can you provide some screenshots of what you see when you search for "agena engine" in the VAB?

Here is all that shows when I search Agena engine. I see the new Mafuni-C engine you are talking about there, but there are no fuel tanks or anything to pair with it.

sy5lJoX.png

Here is a look at all the 0.935 parts I've been using and would like to know replacements for:

iEyzXqr.png

Edited by RyGuy_McFly
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, RyGuy_McFly said:

Here is all that shows when I search Agena engine. I see the new Mafuni-C engine you are talking about there, but there are no fuel tanks or anything to pair with it.

So wait, you searched specifically for "engine" and expected to find fuel tanks?

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, RyGuy_McFly said:

Here is all that shows when I search Agena engine. I see the new Mafuni-C engine you are talking about there, but there are no fuel tanks or anything to pair with it.

Here is a look at all the 0.935 parts I've been using and would like to know replacements for:

Try just searching Belle or Agena. From the BDB wiki:

70659629-6414b580-1c58-11ea-9692-e9de4e7

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RyGuy_McFly said:

Thats what I mean, none of those fuel tanks you have pictured show up under fuel tanks for me. Neither do the Belle TRU or Fenris-4688 show up under Command and Control and Payloads, respectively. Does that mean they are deprecated and are going to be removed?

No, the tanks shown are the actual ones from the last revamp. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RyGuy_McFly said:

Thats what I mean, none of those fuel tanks you have pictured show up under fuel tanks for me. Neither do the Belle TRU or Fenris-4688 show up under Command and Control and Payloads, respectively. Does that mean they are deprecated and are going to be removed?

Really? They are all showing up in this screenshot:

mFCA581.png

But you are saying they're not showing up in the default categories?

 

edit: also, for those keeping score at home, this morning my car battery died :')

Edited by CobaltWolf
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JoeSheridan said:

No, the tanks shown are the actual ones from the last revamp. 

So the fact that the only Belle fuel tanks that show up for me under "Fuel Tanks" in simple mode in the VAB are the Belle-120A and the Belle-240BD (along with many, many other parts) is definitely a bug then?

yfOhDKH.png

10 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Really? They are all showing up in this screenshot:

mFCA581.png

But you are saying they're not showing up in the default categories?

Correct. Notice in that screenshot I have the 0.935m cross-section tab selected, using advanced mode.

always remember to extend your cars solar panels when you park!

Edited by RyGuy_McFly
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...