[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

9 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I more meant the launch, since it was a Rokot.

At first, the correct name is ROCKOT a Launcher-Project of EUROCKOT. Go to Eurockot.com for more information.

First and second stage was modern variants of the SS-19 ICBM. Third Stage is a Breeze KM.

The Contares variant is named TAROCKOT. 1st stage engine is INN, 2nd stage engine is ACHE and 3rd stage engine is ZIRP-KM.

1 minute ago, davidy12 said:

@hraban: Forgive me if I've made a mistake, but what's happened to the Angara? 

There is nothing to forgive,

with the parts of the mod contares you can build a kerbal-style Angara / River.
base diameter of URM would 1.25m then. If you wish a diameter of 1.875m, there are modular tanks, and an engine available.

Contares will support in the future the Mod ScanSat. The module SARL (SAR Lupe uses the SAR function of ScanSat).
Optical systems such YNTR-T60A and CAM Kosmos Typ1 will equipped with BDB Camera scripts - because to obtain the DMagic ModuleScienceAnimateGeneric work without animation too. Optionally, use the functions of HulCam mods is planned.

2 hours ago, hraban said:

Contares will support in the future the Mod ScanSat. The module SARL (SAR Lupe uses the SAR function of ScanSat).
Optical systems such YNTR-T60A and CAM Kosmos Typ1 will equipped with BDB Camera scripts - because to obtain the DMagic ModuleScienceAnimateGeneric work without animation too. Optionally, use the functions of HulCam mods is planned.

I think @Jso has some Hullcam compatibility scripts for the cameras floating around somewhere. I can't keep track of all the cool patches he makes.

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

I think @Jso has some Hullcam compatibility scripts for the cameras floating around somewhere. I can't keep track of all the cool patches he makes.

HullCam will work easy. More dificult was the DMagic ModuleScienceAnimateGeneric but this work now with the Cam's.

21 hours ago, hraban said:

HullCam will work easy. More dificult was the DMagic ModuleScienceAnimateGeneric but this work now with the Cam's.

DMSA (I am pushing this acronym for it) is fairly simple - just look at the reference config located on the thread and change everything accordingly. Delete any lines that have defaults you don't need to change. If you have questions ask on the thread, he's fairly responsive.

Version 1.6.4 is out on SpaceDock.info and my dropbox. The links can be found on the first page post.

Update on Curse in the next days.

DMagic ModuleScienceAnimateGeneric is used but not present in the Version-download. Download is HERE!

ScanSat is supported by two Parts (SARL and Altimeter Radar).

Short description of news and changes:

• The orientation of the CA-1 capsule was changed. Use as a cockpit for aircraft is now possible.
  • UCH Lander pod is a landing capsule for non-atmosphere objects based on the UCH Habitat.
  • HTV Crew Transport Vehicle is a capsule of 2.5 class for 4 Kerbals, fits on the HTV (KTV) supply module.
  • POKeMON is a spherical capsule for various reconnaissance and research tools (model Zenit-2).
  • YNTR-P12 is a Conical reconnaissance capsule (model Yantar).
  • SARBUS is a special bus for Satellite (SARL/SAR Lupe).
  • YNTR-P60 and POKeMON_Cam1 are high resolution camera modules.
  • K-sensor is so far only jewelry.
  • The weight of the D40r radial parachute has been substantially reduced.
  • RA-M1 is an light and simple radar altimeter that can be used in low orbits also for radar mapping (ScanSat).
  • SARL is a high performance SAR match the Sarbus (ScanSat).
  • RSTx2 is a lightweight tank system for monopropellant includes mounting points for RCS.
  • MABA 20m long wave antenna.
  • HG Spiral (HG antenna).
  • QuadDish (HG Antenna).
  • KPS Parabol Frame Dish in rigid or retractable version.
  • KPS PFD foldable Dish on a short extandable.
  • Modern KhiNa Communication dish mounted on a folding arm.
  • RK-Z-180 (RD-180 replica with 1,875m Ø)
  • RK-0-200x4 (RK-0-200 x 4 in 3.75 m Ø)
  • Adjusting the performance of ZIRP-M and ZIRP-KM (BREEZ / BRIZ).
  • Emissive for Ariane main engine (now true even cherry red glow).
  • New SAS devices with improved texture worthy.
  • New Stock fairings with meaningful base plate.

Edited by hraban

10 hours ago, davidy12 said:

@hraban First of all, thanks for the release :D

May I ask in the image below, what did you use for the RCS thrusters on the Top of the ATV? 

Good that you ask,

the RCS still probably dates from an old pack of "Chaka Monkey". The corresponding CONTARES RCS and the correct solar panels, will follow.

Edited by hraban

On 24/2/2016 at 1:02 AM, davidy12 said:

@hraban First of all, thanks for the release :D

May I ask in the image below, what did you use for the RCS thrusters on the Top of the ATV? 

4jli1Zv.png

speaking of this @hraban I think that the tin-foil-alike texture for ATV service module does not fit with the rest of your pack and with Tantares. Maybe something less detailed and more metal-like? Color is ok

2 hours ago, trooperMNG said:

speaking of this @hraban I think that the tin-foil-alike texture for ATV service module does not fit with the rest of your pack and with Tantares. Maybe something less detailed and more metal-like? Color is ok

Your statement is only partly true because there were other parts which used the foil texture. Meanwhile, these are updated or replaced.
In addition, can already be found in the introductory description of the Mod-Note, most
parts - but certainly not all - oriented on color scheme of Tantares.

The final texture of the service module will look approximately like this.

uy4z3d0.png

On 26/2/2016 at 4:17 PM, hraban said:

Your statement is only partly true because there were other parts which used the foil texture. Meanwhile, these are updated or replaced.
In addition, can already be found in the introductory description of the Mod-Note, most
parts - but certainly not all - oriented on color scheme of Tantares.

The final texture of the service module will look approximately like this.

uy4z3d0.png

that's exactly what I'm talking about. Great job @hraban! Can't wait for the release

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.