[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

9 hours ago, hraban said:

The main difference between Tantares and Contares is already to be found in the approach. All Contares parts are built as close as possible to a 50% scale. This allows a direct comparison of the carrier rockets and spacecraft. Carrier rockets correspond to the length 50% of the original and deviate in diameter between 0% and a maximum of 12.3% (ALIYANA 5/6).

16 hours ago, Spike88 said:

I'm assuming that your Mir and @Beale's Mir overlap? I.e. they have the same parts, just your respective version? 

Tantares is built around ~64% scale 1:1 scale (With a little bit of fudge for friendly sizes) - I didn't know Contares rockets were cut in half 50%, they are probably therefore less overpowered.

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Tantares is built around ~64% scale 1:1 scale (With a little bit of fudge for friendly sizes) - I didn't know Contares rockets were cut in half 50%, they are probably therefore less overpowered.

Hmm, since the first Contares launcher is released, the scale factor is 50%. If you do not notice that since November 2015, nothing surprised me more :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, hraban said:

Hmm, since the first Contares launcher is released, the scale factor is 50%. If you do not notice that since November 2015, nothing surprised me more :rolleyes:

To be honest, I've only used the very nice spaceplanes. :cool:

Edited by Beale

Contares begins with the construction of a "new" space station based on C-MiR and C-TKS parts. Located on 51.5° inclination with an apoapsis of 260 km and a periapsis of 245 km. The core of the station is built and a TKS space ship docked at the core.
Solar Panels still originate from SSTULabs. The Airlock system is new and will be delivered with the next update.

screenshot177,medium.1490973025.png

Spoiler

screenshot179,medium.1490973016.pngscreenshot182,medium.1490972999.png

screenshot184,medium.1490972984.pngscreenshot185,medium.1490972979.png

screenshot186,medium.1490972963.pngscreenshot188,medium.1490972912.png

screenshot189,medium.1490972886.pngscreenshot190,medium.1490972863.pngscreenshot193,medium.1490985380.png

Edited by hraban

1 hour ago, hraban said:

Hello community, how about a second intelligent and space-faring species in KSP? The one here would have almost flown from the work table.

space-kraken,medium.1491039775.PNG

A relative of kodos and kang?

Pla clarify me something. The soyuz and almaz vehicle parts i saw in the last pages are from the tantares mod?

Edited by Daniel Prates

29 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

A relative of kodos and kang?

Pla clarify me something. The soyuz and almaz vehicle parts i saw in the last pages are from the tantares mod?

kodos and kang? No!

The soyuz and almaz vehicle parts on the last pages are from Contares.

2 hours ago, hraban said:

Hello community, how about a second intelligent and space-faring species in KSP?

Excellent basis for easter egg... appearing somewhere far from Kerbin. :wink:

(P.S. not a joke)

Edited by Aerospacer

1 hour ago, Daniel Prates said:

Cool! I love soviet-a-like parts. Its redoundant to have contares and tantares simultaneously then?

With the restart of Tantares there are no official touch points. Thus the addition "with addons for Tantares" is disappeared from the title of Contares. Useful and nice to look are both mods. Beale's has the more beautiful solar panel's ... yet :wink:

2 hours ago, Aerospacer said:

Excellent basis for easter egg... appearing somewhere far from Kerbin. :wink:

(P.S. not a joke)

With next update of Contares examine the very low orbit of Jool :D

23 minutes ago, hraban said:

With the restart of Tantares there are no official touch points. Thus the addition "with addons for Tantares" is disappeared from the title of Contares. Useful and nice to look are both mods. Beale's has the more beautiful solar panel's ... 

Ok, will try them simultaneously and see!

Flight #12: New UNION-KM with CIDAS port launch to C-MiR-2. Flight #12 transports 3 Kerbals to the station. Now 12 Kerbals orbiting Kerbin.

screenshot204,medium_large.1491062767.png

Spoiler

screenshot196,medium.1491062674.pngscreenshot198,medium.1491062803.png

screenshot200,medium.1491062788.pngscreenshot203,medium.1491062771.png

screenshot205,medium.1491062758.pngscreenshot210,medium.1491062852.png

screenshot212,medium.1491062896.pngscreenshot213,medium_large.1491062919.png

Edited by hraban

more from the workbench:

Higgs is the first Contares Ø 5m heavy launcher. The launcher has no real counterpart. The basic idea is the using of a cluster of liquid methane/LOX engines like RD-0162 (RK-Z-0162 from FENIKS) in the first stage and a LH2/LOX cluster of 3 engines in the second stage.

The target: Launch heavy parts up to 130 tonns or light but very bulky parts.

higgs-1,medium_large.1491412175.PNG

higgs-2,medium_large.1491412182.PNG

New Version of BIG-Soyuz as emergency return system

ACRV-sov,medium_large.1491411165.PNG

And here a draft of POLJUS styled space station. The question is: " Is this really needed?"

POL-001,medium_large.1491410921.PNG

Well, what do you think?

1 hour ago, hraban said:

And here a draft of POLJUS styled space station. The question is: " Is this really needed?"

POL-001,medium_large.1491410921.PNG

Well, what do you think?

Damn, you are fast!

We are still at the sketch stages :D 

UfsKk58.png

34 minutes ago, Beale said:

Damn, you are fast!

We are still at the sketch stages :D 

UfsKk58.png

It is not so wrong. I was closer to the mouse than the sketchpad. :wink:  It is hard to get really reliable data about POLJUS. Where are the professionals?

Edited by hraban

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.