Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 18--He's a docking wizard! (there had to be a twist?)

Mister Dilsby

Dun dun dun!

The Intrepid can't run away though because they're being followed. The only escape that I can think of for the whole crew requires Val being a space pirate. The Kerbals can't just have a Kerbfleet warship just come by and blow up the Kerbulans because they don't have any weapons. The crusier looks is unarmed and it's not done... 

MOAR Dun dun dun!

Edited by max_creative
It's not like I have a bunch of battleships just sitting around on the front lawn. Oh wait. I do... JEEEEEEEEEB!!!

19 hours ago, max_creative said:

Dun dun dun!

The Intrepid can't run away though because they're being followed. The only escape that I can think of for the whole crew requires Val being a space pirate. The Kerbals can't just have a Kerbfleet warship just come by and blow up the Kerbulans because they don't have any weapons. The crusier looks is unarmed and it's not done... 

MOAR Dun dun dun!

I think Val might be able to eject, by opening the bridge bay. I rememberKuzzter talked about how unbuckling a Kerbal from a chair would eject them hard. I wonder what grabbed them! GAHH The suspense!:confused:

Edited by Emperor of the Titan Squid

'Who was that now?'

'Shhhh!'

'Ohhhh!  Him!'

Perhaps the Kerbulans are going to end being their own worst enemies.

I wonder if Intrepid will pick anything up on it's sensors.

Happy Tense landings!

eta:  I didn't look that closely the first time.  Then I went back and re-checked the image.  I must say that is brilliant!  Beautifully done.

Edited by Starhawk

6 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

What's attacking the Kerbulans? Could it be- yes! MARTYSTU AND THE KENLISTAR AWESUM ARE HERE TO SAVE THE INTREPID!!!

Lol but nope :) 

3 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

And The Ghost arrives.

Also nope :) 

5 minutes ago, Garrett Kramme said:

Kraken? Bloaked? Talk about a plot twist!

Well, we've all been victims at one time or another--but has anyone actually ever seen an attack? Hmm...

1 minute ago, Starhawk said:

I wonder if Intrepid will pick anything up on it's sensors.

I wonder, too! :D 

5 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

What's attacking the Kerbulans? Could it be- yes! MARTYSTU AND THE KENLISTAR AWESUM ARE HERE TO SAVE THE INTREPID!!!

What? WHY DOES IT THE COOL STUFF HAVE TO HAPPEN NOW?!? DON'T SHOOT MISSILES AT IT!!! 

Jeb: Wait, What? No missiles?

Bill: It's bad WiFi another jamming field. I should be over in about 1 hour.

2 minutes ago, Terwin said:

The Eye, Tentacle, and Beak look very much like the kraken was drawn to the bloaked vessels, almost as if they were kraken bait!

Best be aware of how your bloak works if it calls the kraken... 

Well the bloaking device is clearly kraken-based after what we've seen.

It doesn't surprise me that using it could summon the kraken. :)

Happy landings!

Edited by Starhawk

6 minutes ago, max_creative said:

What? WHY DOES IT THE COOL STUFF HAVE TO HAPPEN NOW?!? DON'T SHOOT MISSILES AT IT!!! 

Lol the one time the response actually was "shoot missiles at it"!

6 minutes ago, Terwin said:

The Eye, Tentacle, and Beak look very much like the kraken was drawn to the bloaked vessels, almost as if they were kraken bait!

Best be aware of how your bloak works if it calls the kraken... 

Certainly--Wehrford isn't interested in how bloaking works, but a more inquisitive soul might wonder whether it's a light/radiation bending technology, or does the ship enter some kind of 'bloakspace' like Frodo when he puts on The Ring? If the latter, well, @Terwin might be on to something.

3 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

...and that motion has a 'second'. :) 

Edited by Kuzzter

@max_creative's transcript: 

Newdun Kermulan: ...so we just wait here, bloaked until the enemy comes? 

Wehrford Kermulan: Yes. 

Newdun Kermulan: Have you ever wondered how it works? Bloaking, I mean. 

Wehrford Kermulan: Such things are of no concern to a true warrior. One need only know how to use it to kill the enemy. Hail the Empire! 

Newdun Kermulan: Hail the Empire! 

Wehrford Kermulan: Now maintain radio silence unless you have something intelligent to say. Even our focused beam transmissions could be- 

Newdun Kermulan: What is it, Wehrford? 

Wehrford Kermulan: Nothing - a sensor malfunction. I'm getting a proximity alarm, but there's no-

Wehrford Kermulan: Something's grabbed me! Something bloaked! 

Wehrford Kermulan: It's tearing my ship apart! Shoot it, Newdun, shoot it!

Newdun Kermulan: But I'd have to un-bloak! And turn on my targeting radar! Our orders-

Wehrford Kermulan: Screw the orders! Save me! Save-

Wehrford Kermulan: AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Evil Bill (Bill Kermulan): Hey, Recon Two just un-bloaked!

Evil Bob (Bob Kermulan): -the heck? 

Evil Bill (Bill Kermulan): I'm detecting weapons fire! 

Newdun Kermulan: AAAAAAH! 

--Newdun's fighter fires missiles at the unknown enemy (possibly Martystu, possibly The Ghost, possibly The Kraken)--

There ya go.

Here, @max_creative.

Nuwdun Kermulan: ... so, we just wait here, bloaked, until the enemy comes?

Wherford Kermulan: Yes.

Sub-Legate Nuwdun Kermulan
Imperial Sky Legion
Two Kills

Newdun: Have you every wondered how it works? Bloaking, I mean. I-

Wherford: No.

Legate Wherford Kermulan
Imperial Sky Legion
Nine Kills

Wherford: Such things are of no concern to a true warrior. One need only know how to use it to kill the enemy. Hail the Empire.

Newdun: Hail the Empire.

Wherford: Now maintain radio silence unless you have something intelligent to say. Even our focused beam transmissions could be-

*BZZT BZZT*

Newdun: What is it, Wherford?

Wherford: Nothing- a sensor malfunction. I'm getting a proximity alarm, but there's no-

*WHUP* [a transparent shape grabs one of the fighters. The shape looks like a giant squid.]

Wherford: Something's grabbed me! Something bloaked! It's tearing my ship apart! Shoot it, Newdun! Shoot it!

Newdun: But I'd have to un-bloak! And turn on my targeting radar! Our orders-

Wherford: Screw the orders! Save me! Save me- AAAAHHHH!!!

*kkrrrrRRRRRRRAKKKK!!*

Bob Kermulan: Hey, Recon-Two just unbloaked!

Bill Kermulan: - the hell?

Bob: I'm reading weapons fire!

Wherford: AAAAHHHHH!!!

*fffWOOSH! fffWOOSH!* [Newdun un-bloaks and fires two missiles.]

19 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

Especially not near Bop.

Edited by Dman979
Starhawk's quote is not part of the transcript. Which, by the way, is accurate down to the number of f's in fffWOOSH!

Well duh the Kraken is "bloaked." As Kuzzter himself noted, while many of us have been attacked, nobody has ever actually seen the Kraken because it's invisible. I dunno if that technically counts as bloaking, but that's just a matter of semantics.

...wait. The Kraken has yet to make a move on KerbFleet but is engaging in direct combat against the Kerbulans. Is the Kraken really the guardian of Kerbalkind? Its dark knight? Kodzilla?

19 minutes ago, parameciumkid said:

Well duh the Kraken is "bloaked." As Kuzzter himself noted, while many of us have been attacked, nobody has ever actually seen the Kraken because it's invisible. I dunno if that technically counts as bloaking, but that's just a matter of semantics.

...wait. The Kraken has yet to make a move on KerbFleet but is engaging in direct combat against the Kerbulans. Is the Kraken really the guardian of Kerbalkind? Its dark knight? Kodzilla?

We know otherwise from @CatastrophicFailure.

14 minutes ago, parameciumkid said:

Strange events (oscillating parts, etc) were indeed observed during the construction of Micarooni Station, but that never made it to the comic. A NaN Kraken did appear when the flotilla crossed Kerbin SOI en route to Eve: Clauselle saved the day with an F9, and called it something that has been rendered in Standard Kerblish as 'Space Beet'.

But, does a Kraken choose sides? Are there even sides, to such a beet? Er--I mean, "beast"? On that subject, my friend, your headcanon is as good as mine :)