The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Yup...

First, welcome to my universe!

The vast majority of the Saga takes place in the Kerbol solar system, but yes, the backstory chapters are about my main character, Emiko Kerman, who has been abducted and taken to a very, very weird planet called Earth.... which in my universe, comes with a full range of Earth sci-fi & fantasy characters, including witches.

And in the next chapter, I will be finally explaining the Earth connection, and why it's so important to the story... including all the weird stuff Emiko keeps encountering.  :wink:

Wasn't there a mention to a circus? Maybe after this is all resolved Chibi and Emiko both head to "The Greatest Show on Earth" for some sightseeing :wink:

Okay, out of curiosity I decided to read from the start.

A total of a couple of hours later... I have dragged myself to chapter 50 and my device is now really laggy. God, @Just Jim your stories are as unstoppable as Thompberry himself...

Okay, time for me to jump into my bed and try to see what I can extract from reading your dark heart of a story :P

Back to my own 'verse I go!

OK... I'm going off on a tangent again... :rolleyes:

All weekend I've been playing with version 1.3, and I have nothing but really good things to say about it!  :)

It's smoother, the graphics are nicer, and it looks like the issue I had with Emiko asteroid has apparently been fixed! And I really like the adjustable ambient lighting.

Yeah, I know I was going to finish the backstory... but I've been playing mostly the Sims for a couple months now, and I seriously need some Kerbal time! And I built... something really cool... that I want to put to use.

So I'm going to go back to the present and KSP for a chapter or two, to break things up, and keep me from burning out on the Sims much further... and I'm adding a twist to make things interesting.

A couple months ago @Badie posted the "Place the ground-stations" weekly challenge, which I didn't do at the time... but I saved the game-file for future use. This game-file was made by @Azimech, and has some amazing "props" included in it, which is why I saved it.

Now the challenge itself is long past, and I'm not worried about earning a badge. In fact, I'm not really going do it according to the rules anyway. Instead, without giving too much away, I'm going to put my own unique spin on it, and do something a little different, that will fit into the plot-line nicely.

I did some seriously hardcore persistomancy and persisto-sorcery on a back-up Emiko game-file last night.. and managed to steal, borrow, import most of the... lets say key elements... of the ground-station challenge game into my Emiko game without it crashing! I'm amazed I got it right on the first try, but I've tested it out all morning, and everything seems to be there... hehehe.

So... while I'm not actually doing the challenge, I need to send a super huge thanks and shout-outs to @Azimech for creating the original challenge, and letting me use a lot of it in the Saga.  :D

Edited by Just Jim

On 29 August 2017 at 2:58 AM, Just Jim said:

OK... I'm going off on a tangent again... :rolleyes:

All weekend I've been playing with version 1.3, and I have nothing but really good things to say about it!  :)

It's smoother, the graphics are nicer, and it looks like the issue I had with Emiko asteroid has apparently been fixed! And I really like the adjustable ambient lighting.

Yeah, I know I was going to finish the backstory... but I've been playing mostly the Sims for a couple months now, and I seriously need some Kerbal time! And I built... something really cool... that I want to put to use.

So I'm going to go back to the present and KSP for a chapter or two, to break things up, and keep me from burning out on the Sims much further... and I'm adding a twist to make things interesting.

A couple months ago @Badie posted the "Place the ground-stations" weekly challenge, which I didn't do at the time... but I saved the game-file for future use. This game-file was made by @Azimech, and has some amazing "props" included in it, which is why I saved it.

Now the challenge itself is long past, and I'm not worried about earning a badge. In fact, I'm not really going do it according to the rules anyway. Instead, without giving too much away, I'm going to put my own unique spin on it, and do something a little different, that will fit into the plot-line nicely.

I did some seriously hardcore persistomancy and persisto-sorcery on a back-up Emiko game-file last night.. and managed to steal, borrow, import most of the... lets say key elements... of the ground-station challenge game into my Emiko game without it crashing! I'm amazed I got it right on the first try, but I've tested it out all morning, and everything seems to be there... hehehe.

So... while I'm not actually doing the challenge, I need to send a super huge thanks and shout-outs to @Azimech for creating the original challenge, and letting me use a lot of it in the Saga.  :D

Yayy! Looking forward to MOAR chapters! I already lost count how far I read...

I wanted to make some sort of Thomoberry probe in my career actaully but it was too heavy and would doom the mission I planned to put him/it on. Well, we still can't forget what he did, can we? Even the game says so:wink:

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Yeah... this will be fun.  :cool:

Fun as in family friendly 'haha that was cute' fun, or fun as in cynical fun, as in 'drowning a mealworm to dissect it cause you can' fun?

The second one appeals to me.

Edited by qzgy

8 hours ago, qzgy said:

Fun as in family friendly 'haha that was cute' fun, or fun as in cynical fun, as in 'drowning a mealworm to dissect it cause you can' fun?

The second one appeals to me.

Fun as in National Lampoon's Vacation... :cool:

Sort of??? 

20 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

:wacko::blink: Somebody get this man to Netflix, stat!

Definitly a must see!

However... I've spent the last couple days setting everything up, and fine tuning the story-line so it's much more than just a gratuitous road-trip...

And I find it's steadily morphing from NL's Vacation into Damnation Alley!  :0.0:

Here's the Damnation Alley trailer for those that don't get the reference:

Spoiler

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.