Jump to content

[1.2] 'Otter' Submersible (USI Submarine Parts) [0.2.0]


RoverDude
 Share

Recommended Posts

And here we come to need for ballast tanks. Could be that is already included somehow, but it would be nice if we got possible option to pump in/out water from and to ballast tanks to adjust buoyancy as needed.

Existing storage containers for ore should suffice, only option missing is to allow them to accept water and have some water scooping parts.
Maybe some air scooping parts can be adjusted to scoop water too ? Is it possible to achieve that trough MM patches ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kcs123 said:

And here we come to need for ballast tanks. Could be that is already included somehow, but it would be nice if we got possible option to pump in/out water from and to ballast tanks to adjust buoyancy as needed.

Existing storage containers for ore should suffice, only option missing is to allow them to accept water and have some water scooping parts.
Maybe some air scooping parts can be adjusted to scoop water too ? Is it possible to achieve that trough MM patches ?

Good thing I already included ballast tanks - both with an initial (coarse) adjustment in the form of lead, and with a fine-tuned adjustment in the ability to move IntakeLqd in and out of the tank via the ballast slider.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This mod is really cool!  Now, I'm not sure if this is really into the scope of the mod, but I would like to make a full-fledged Kerbal Aquatic Program, and I thought docking ports would really give a mod about under the sea a lot more... depth.

 

Real life underwater docking (Didn't 1.0.5 add the ability to make male and female ports?)

auvdock-450.jpg

 

NPS%20Docking%20station.jpg

 

EDIT: Testing feasibility of underwater docking.  Here's my sea station, which has a docking port.

CWFWqJW.png

Edited by MatttheCzar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stikkychaos said:

And i noticed new resource on the resource map just yesterday...

But, might that mean that we'll get INTERESTING SEABEDS? [curiosity intensifies]

I think that's just Roverdudes version of 'compressed water', just a method of using water as a ballast.

Shamefully, I have the mod, but haven't used it yet XD

1 hour ago, MatttheCzar said:

This mod is really cool!  Now, I'm not sure if this is really into the scope of the mod, but I would like to make a full-fledged Kerbal Aquatic Program, and I thought docking ports would really give a mod about under the sea a lot more... depth.

 

Real life underwater docking (Didn't 1.0.5 add the ability to make male and female ports?)

Actually, there's a 'male' and 'female' port mod that's been around for a while. Androgynus something something I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Conclusion: IT WORKS!

Spoiler

The Sealift descending to the Sealab. 

yJfNVWg.png

Maneuvering to get in front of the docking port.  What's great is that once you find neutral buoyancy, the docking is pretty much two dimensional.

ru2sONj.png

Almost there...

vLaXbFX.png

YES!

d45b9WS.png

vdWUpDf.png

cnZNfig.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Donziboy2 said:

Will it work on EVE? :P

Well it works with Environmental Visual Enhancements, and I dont know any reason it wouldnt work on Eve.

 

Also, RoverDude, What is the Bouyancy Compensator for?  The files seem to show that its a KIS scuba system for EVA's so how do I use it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, MatttheCzar said:

Well it works with Environmental Visual Enhancements, and I dont know any reason it wouldnt work on Eve.

I've seen him test it out on Eve, so, it works, just need to adjust the buoyancy accordingly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there a rule of thumb on how to archieve neutral buoyancy? Something like "for every ton you'll need 1000 intake liquid units"?

My first sub behaved weird. No matter how full the tanks were or wether the floaties from your survivability pack were inflated, the boat stayed at it's depth. I had to use the drive and the "wings" (don't know the word for it) to dive down or up.
The second boat just drowned like a stone because I left the lead in it. But how do I know how much lead I will need?

 

And a suggestion:
To take the uboat to the water we either drive on wheels or fly it there (or cheat). It would be nice if there'll be a part which allows easy attachment of the boat to other parts like decouplers or docking ports.
Also, is there an end cap part planned? I first tried to build a boat without the inline propeller and was a bit sad that there's nothing to cover the end of the inline ballast and crew tanks.

 

Edit:

 

Edited by *Aqua*
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...