Would a Kerbal Movie be possible?

Melon kerbal

Or A flight goes wrong and Some humans have to save the kerbals from some government scientists.Just as they leave,the rest of the species (Everyone,babies and civilians) crash lands and the humans just facepalm.

Edited by Melon kerbal
Grammar

4 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

I could see KSP as a Saturday morning cartoon, but not a feature film. The adventures of the big four every week.

Really? I can easily imagine someone writing a silly Lego Movie-like plot which is adorable, incredibly nerdy and fun at the same time, with references from other movies, and Kerbals asploding far out in Jool.

5 minutes ago, monstah said:

Really? I can easily imagine someone writing a silly Lego Movie-like plot which is adorable, incredibly nerdy and fun at the same time, with references from other movies, and Kerbals asploding far out in Jool.

Saturday morning cartoons for me were actually still Looney Tunes, complete with Yosemite Sam and his revolvers, Marvin the Martian with his death ray, and Elmer Fudd and his shotgun, not to mention the utter lunacy of Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner or Tom and Jerry. There was plenty of room for mayhem and humor, but of a different sort.

Edited by Randazzo

2 hours ago, Randazzo said:

Saturday morning cartoons for me were actually still Looney Tunes, complete with Yosemite Sam and his revolvers, Marvin the Martian with his death ray, and Elmer Fudd and his shotgun, not to mention the utter lunacy of Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner or Tom and Jerry. There was plenty of room for mayhem and humor, but of a different sort.

You misunderstood me. I didn't say it could not be a Saturday morning cartoon, I said it could be a movie :)

8 hours ago, Randazzo said:

I could see KSP as a Saturday morning cartoon, but not a feature film. The adventures of the big four every week.

yeah, nice idea, kids'll love it, and may ask some ACTUAL QUESTIONS!

11 hours ago, Melon kerbal said:

Or A flight goes wrong and Some humans have to save the kerbals from some government scientists.Just as they leave,the rest of the species (Everyone,babies and civilians) crash lands and the humans just facepalm.

You comment made me laugh :D thanks :)

IMO:

KSP is too similar to Minecraft in the form of being an outlet for immense imagination. You see, there are so many ways a KSP movie could go, it hurts. Honestly, I think we're better off with independent and amazing Youtubers making their own cinematics of their own stories. There are so many diverse fan stories in the Fan Works section, they'd be nothing but fan fiction if a movie with a fixed storyline pops up. Currently, someone can dream up there own scenario, and role play it for themselves and imagine that it could be real.

Hope I made it clear that I disapprove of an official KSP movie. 

Please tell me I didn't come off as rude

please don't kill me

Edited by SpaceplaneAddict

Is no one else worried that this'll turn into the "Project: Artic" (I cannot recall the name from memory) KSP film where there was hype about it, a script, a few ideas and .craft files thrown around, but in reality the project was at a standstill, and has barely passed scripting since no one has announced that 'the script is complete'.

Idea beating-up aside, I'd like to make a suggestion for the storyline, which, although it might be slightly boring, I think most people would be okay with, is to make the 'film' a Kerbal journey through Career Mode.

Again, the film might be dull due to how long it takes to work with Career Mode, but with the usual Kerbal shenanigans it might be interesting.

One last, and most important thing;

"HOW are you going to make this?"

As in "if this was going to happen, would it all be made entirely using in-game recording? Or do you plan to use CGI? Or...   ...just how would people plan to make this?"

If we have no direction, then we won't know the limits we have.

1. Think of a plot that people agree with

2. Create a script

3. Send to Hollywood

3.33333333333... Pray to the Kraken

3.66666666666... Wait for Squad to allow Hollywood permission to use their I.P.

4. MOVIE MAGIC!!!!!

4.5. Argue over who gets the Profit

5. Profit!

I agree with @SpaceplaneAddict, that KSP, being a sandbox game (even in career mode really) has far too many possibilities for there to be a single storyline. People should make their own stories, rockets, spaceplanes, and whatever else they want. There are plenty of great stories in Fan Works and Mission Reports, just read some and if you're inspired, maybe make your own story. I think that's part of what makes KSP so awesome, the fact that you have your own space program, an arsenal of parts to play with, and a whole solar system to explore. You can do whatever you want, there's no storyline to follow, you can imagine what the Kerbals talk about while floating in their space stations or walking on alien worlds. I think that while a kerbal movie would be fun to watch, it would detract from the freedom KSP offers. I will say, though, that if they ever make a movie about me, I will demand 100% accurate orbital mechanics and star/moon/planet positions in the night sky, and that there be KSP references.

I like the idea, actually, but I'd rather the movie tone down the comedy aspects a bit and actually try for a somewhat serious exploration of Kerbal society and culture as well as a really hard-science take on getting into space.

And personally, I think KSK's First Flight is a damn good candidate for a TV adaptation, if only because it's the only KSP fic I've seen so far that makes a serious effort to focus on Kerbals outside the space program. (Yes, I'm biased.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.