Modded Comunity Space Station (Not an ISS replica)

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

It can be done. Ever see the YouTubeers Space station? 

I'm not skeptical about whether or not a community project like this could be done, That would be as simple as handing off a copy of the save file to the next person.

Maybe I'm confused about this whole thing. From this image you have on the OP, I am under the impression you intend to build a giant artificial ring shaped space station that wraps all the way around Kerbin. Now that I think about it, you could have meant for us to look at the ship at the bottom-center of the image.

If you want us to build a conventional station similar to the YouTube one, sign me up, I'll help out. If you want to do a crazy giant planetary ring station, I want to see a proof of concept first.

14 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

I'm not skeptical about whether or not a community project like this could be done, That would be as simple as handing off a copy of the save file to the next person.

Maybe I'm confused about this whole thing. From this image you have on the OP, I am under the impression you intend to build a giant artificial ring shaped space station that wraps all the way around Kerbin. Now that I think about it, you could have meant for us to look at the ship at the bottom-center of the image.

If you want us to build a conventional station similar to the YouTube one, sign me up, I'll help out. If you want to do a crazy giant planetary ring station, I want to see a proof of concept first.

You defiantly misunderstood. My intention was NOT to make a planetary ring around Mun(Not Kerbin, too wide. Mun might be too wide too... hmmm.... Minmus?). I just wanted to build a regular station in orbit around Kerbin. The Picture of the planetary ring was just a "Look what we could do if we had this" kind of image. Wasn't meant for the project, just a tangent.  Adding you to the list.

17 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Nervermind, I can launch IMMEDIATLY if @zekes is OK.

You'll have to ask to cut in line in front of both Zekes and Scientia, otherwise you'll have to wait until both of them launch or their time is up to launch.

Oh wait. You calculated the time for both of them before their time is ulp. Okay, yeah sounds good.

8 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

OK, I have a firm date-line of Friday, 8:30PM MST. No Later, hopefully. Will launch sooner IF:
Everyone in queue is already done.
And I have the time to do it.

You could private Zekes and Scientia to see if you can go ahead of them. I think Zekes will be launching trmw tho.

Sorry @GoldForest, But I'll have to wait until 6th or the 13th of February to start my mission; because I've got my exams and I have to complete my Antonov Project, so If I'm not available on the 6th or the 7th, put SpaceplaneAddict in front of me.

My Contribution will be an extension to the station to add more modules and a place to park the Buran Shuttles.(Included with the Extension).

2 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

Sorry @GoldForest, But I'll have to wait until 6th or the 13th of February to start my mission; because I've got my exams and I have to complete my Antonov Project, so If I'm not available on the 6th or the 7th, put SpaceplaneAddict in front of me.

My Contribution will be an extension to the station to add more modules and a place to park the Buran Shuttles.(Included with the Extension).

Okay. And the Buran Shuttle? Nice.

I am hoping that someone adds a standard 1.25m docking port, because I would like to make the docking module, styled like Pirs and Poisk on the ISS, that goes from stock KSP parts to the Tantares docking ports. Also, my docking module is designed, and I have a backup module (it's a surprise) that can be launched as well. I'm a go for launch whenever you are ready :D

9 hours ago, MatttheCzar said:

I have a space shuttle replica I want to test.  Uses SpaceY parts, but only for the boosters and.drop tank.  Ill queue up to send Kerbals (6 crew-8 passengers.)

Added

6 hours ago, MacGamer04 said:

I am hoping that someone adds a standard 1.25m docking port, because I would like to make the docking module, styled like Pirs and Poisk on the ISS, that goes from stock KSP parts to the Tantares docking ports. Also, my docking module is designed, and I have a backup module (it's a surprise) that can be launched as well. I'm a go for launch whenever you are ready :D

The current docking node is a 2.5m spaceY one. You could send up an adaptor with your module.

4 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

I'm going to make a Apollo command module/soyuz style crew transport and service module, what kind of docking port should I put on it to attach to the station?

Idk what everyone is adding, but the docking nodes are 2.5m. You could send up an adaptor with your pods. Also added.

Hmm, I was planning on launching an FGB type module made from Tantares parts with either a Soyuz or a ship of my own design, but it looks like lots of other people also plan to launch ships with or in lieu of their modules, so I may just do either a DOS module or FGB with a node, or even something completely different.

I guess I'll just wait and see what the station needs most when it's my turn to launch!

19 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Don't fret everybody, I'll be sending up an adapter along with my super secret brand new plane which is definatly not soething to compete with Rune's White Dart.

That something oddly specific to say lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.