[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

16 minutes ago, akron said:

Sure. I'll get something together. Just gotta clean them up and make sure I'm not using parts from other mods (Other than DMOS).

I think depending on the mod that may not be a problem. Maybe just limit the mods to a short list of popular ones?
Like BDB and Near Future are fairly complementary to yours.

Just now, helaeon said:

I think depending on the mod that may not be a problem. Maybe just limit the mods to a short list of popular ones?
Like BDB and Near Future are fairly complementary to yours.

Sure. Although it won't be too big of a problem. I try to keep my showcase "screenshot" probes limited to stock, DMOS, and ProbesPlus. I just want to make sure nothing else slipped in. I do use BDB for a lot of the launchers though.

oQNDfcv.png

BETA 0.14.2 has been released!

Download:

Download-Github-brightgreen.png

Download-Dropbox-blue.png

Download-Spacedock-lightgrey.png

Changelog

Updates

• Fixed issue with standalone SAS units (Thanks puetzk)
  • Fixed texture reference issue with the CA-AD1-R antenna (Thanks puetzk)
  • Fixed DMagic module reference in the GRS experiment
  • Change root folder structure to reduce conflicts with multiple Coatl Aerospace mods (upcoming)
  • Removed unecessary Firespitter files
  • Disable weight reduction upgrades temporarily to fix a KSP syntax error
  • Tweaked Physics, drag and thermal settings of several parts

Please REMOVE any old versions first before updating, to prevent issues

Edited by akron

Just now, Fr8monkey said:

You modders are making my hard drive very angry... downloading now.

But think of all the wonderful things!

I feel bad about this rapid-fire update. I will be honest, 0.14.3 should not be too far behind, after I sort out the weight upgrades and 1 more texture ref error. It is the nature of BETA work. Maybe I'll add a couple of parts to make up for having you guys download these patches so quickly after another. 

2 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

Thanks Akron. And don't fret about the updates, it's getting better with each one and it only takes a few seconds to replace the old version.

Thank you! I should mention that you should Remove the old version first while updating

6 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

Thankyou for the update always a pleasure getting updates means new and improved stuff any craft files in this one.

Thanks. There are no craft files on this update. I am not going to include them in the mod. They'll be a separate download when ready.

1 hour ago, Lechdan1983 said:

Thanks for the quick fix of the standalone SAS issue (thx as well to puetzk)!
And I'm also grateful for the reduce dependencies to firespitter:)

I am not sure what you mean about Firespitter. I only removed some extra FS files that the mod did not use.

Big fan of this mod, definitely going into my next install. That said, I've been looking at the balancing at lot of parts lately and I'd say a lot of yours are definitely underpriced. I'd say you need twice the price for some of your cheaper probe cores and most of your antennae, three times the price for your reaction wheels, and four or five times the price for the 15G and up relays.

33 minutes ago, loki130 said:

Big fan of this mod, definitely going into my next install. That said, I've been looking at the balancing at lot of parts lately and I'd say a lot of yours are definitely underpriced. I'd say you need twice the price for some of your cheaper probe cores and most of your antennae, three times the price for your reaction wheels, and four or five times the price for the 15G and up relays.

Thank you for the feedback. I will take a look at part costs. I priced them to stock parts. May need a revision though.

18 hours ago, GERULA said:

same here, we want your probes @akron, all of them :sticktongue:

I wanted to do a little real-mission fact sheet on the Mod's wiki for each of the probes even before you guys asked for them, so I've been holding off a little. I'll try to get some files out this week. Most of the craft files are in the old 1.1.3 install, so I also have to make sure they move on over to 1.2

14 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

you added mesh switching? This is an outrage! Now I have nothing to complain about...;.;

I foiled your plans :cool:

This is Halloween weekend here in 'Merica so I may be busy again Friday. In spirit of getting back into modding speed, I am trying to line up stream and modding night for tomorrow Thursday instead. I'll confirm later tonight or tomorrow. I'm thinking I'll spend some time tonight playing the game and doing those craft files.

~Cheers

8 hours ago, hieywiey said:

Is a fix for the new RCSFX planned?

What is there to fix? I mean, I tried to change it but ran into problems. The new effect works great on certain instances, but it is too large for my smaller probe parts. If you're concerned about the sound effect, the thrust on my parts is so low that the sound was hardly audible. I'll give it a try again, maybe try and change the effect sprite, but it is not a high priority. I'll try to at least make it work on new parts.

EDIT: By the way I have 10 craft files almost ready to go.

Edited by akron

5 hours ago, akron said:

What is there to fix? I mean, I tried to change it but ran into problems. The new effect works great on certain instances, but it is too large for my smaller probe parts. If you're concerned about the sound effect, the thrust on my parts is so low that the sound was hardly audible. I'll give it a try again, maybe try and change the effect sprite, but it is not a high priority. I'll try to at least make it work on new parts.

EDIT: By the way I have 10 craft files almost ready to go.

Some parts like the Fregat, have no RCS effect at all (old one or the new one); and seem to not produce thrust. So if you could find a way to scale down the new effect, that would be great; since it seems if there's no effect, there's no thrust.