[WIP] Coatl Aerospace ProbesPlus Dev Thread [Beta] 10/19/2020 (1.8-1.10)

akron

13 minutes ago, Vince_K said:

same thing here...and i just re-download the last version...sciencedef before remove the text "Spoilers" 12ko...after, 42ko ...now i check if it work

I must clarify that the text has no effect on KSP because it is commented out. Just make sure you have only one copy of the ScienceDef file. Glad it works fine though. Not sure why this issue just popped up like this.

i have only one copy and I make a fresh instal. I have this issue since your first 1.2.1 update and I install all my mod since KSP 0.19... but don't ask me to much...I am just a carpenter after all.... hehehe :wink:  btw...I realy like what you do. your models are awsome. but just a smal request: could you release your textures for procedural parts? Tanks and sorry for my realy bad english

Edited by Vince_K

19 hours ago, Vince_K said:

Could you release your textures for procedural parts? Tanks and sorry for my realy bad english

My textures aren't really setup as procedural. I could work on this at a later time though. Plus, the textures used on the non-swappable panels are way too low detail to be used this way.

46 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

@akron: How's Surveyor coming?

It isn't. I stopped working on it to dedicate time to Vorona. I'll get back to it soon enough. 

The plan is to still have a quick stream tonight. I'll do a little play of my career save. My KSC staff are desperately trying to get more science to unlock a software upgrade (Mechjeb) for our first deep space probe. Just struggling to find an efficient burn to Sarnus so the Machjeb maneuver planner would come in handy, except we have days before the transfer window passes. We're in the process of launching another Landvermesser mission to try and get that science using a modified Zodiak Mk3, as seen in the BDB thread. May also shoot for Minmus.

Sorry, ranting. Moving  on. I'll continue working on Vorona and if anyone wants more mini-tutorials on texturing, let me know. 

It's been super busy for me and so far Fridays have been the only days I get to work on the mod. :( I'm trying to at least be consistent every week.

Cheers!

Stream on-going!

Stream over. Some UV unwrapping done. Screenshots coming later when I Git Gud of finish some of the textures. Whichever comes first.

Some good news is that I was able to land Landvermesser 4 on Minmus and gather sufficient science to unlock the tech I needed!I'll have some more powerful avionics now to get the Sarnus 1 probe to its destination in 5 years :) 

Edited by akron

11 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

5yrs though?! Moar dV!!!

Seriously tho, More dV and/or a faster travel time to Sarnus was not possible because my career save has not unlocked big rockets yet. The alternative would have been a small payload, but I could not reduce the weight any lower with the stuff I wanted to take there. It is also orbital, so it would need to have enough thrust to insert at Sarnus. It was a tricky mission to plan with lower ish tech :) 

Update

UGH I got sick: The Sequel. This time computer screens gave me headaches so I couldn't stay at home and mod :(, at least until I got better. Anyway, there will be no stream this thanksgiving week. I hope everyone gets to spend a great time with friends and family. If you don't celebrate thanksgiving, I hope you have a wonderful couple of days. :) 

Here is some WIP/progress/first pass on the rest of Vorona. There is still a lot of parts left to do, but I figured I'd post something to get some feedback and just in case I don't get anything else done before the end of the week.

Here, looking at least a little more complete, There is a newly modeled decoupler under the lander sphere:

KKHRoy1.png

And a different angle:

tKMMMg7.png

And here is a first pass at the lander "Fomalhaut" which was kindly donated by @Beale. I just did new a texture and some mesh tweaks, along with a little bit of poly reduction:

WFefjg3.png

Finally, this is the lander stack so far. Top to bottom: Parachute, Top/chute cover, Fomalhaut, heatshield fairing, heatshield, orbiter:

LLNvByA.png

Thoughts?

~Cheers

Edited by akron

1 minute ago, Cdw2468 said:

How are you so good at this modding thing?

That's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is how am I so lucky with faking horrible modeling techniques (that would have my school rescind my degree) and have them miraculously come out good, with a hint of talent. :D 

Thank you, I am glad you like it. I may end up at home a bit longer, maybe I'll finish it up.

21 minutes ago, akron said:

That's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is how am I so lucky with faking horrible modeling techniques (that would have my school rescind my degree) and have them miraculously come out good, with a hint of talent. :D 

Thank you, I am glad you like it. I may end up at home a bit longer, maybe I'll finish it up.

D O    I T
O

I
T

11 hours ago, akron said:

Here, looking at least a little more complete, There is a newly modeled decoupler under the lander sphere:

And a different angle:

tKMMMg7.png

And here is a first pass at the lander "Fomalhaut" which was kindly donated by @Beale. I just did new a texture and some mesh tweaks, along with a little bit of poly reduction:

WFefjg3.png

Finally, this is the lander stack so far. Top to bottom: Parachute, Top/chute cover, Fomalhaut, heatshield fairing, heatshield, orbiter:

LLNvByA.png

Thoughts?

~Cheers

Wow! Stunning work :) 

So colourful, I love what you have done for Venera.

4 hours ago, Beale said:

Wow! Stunning work :) 

So colourful, I love what you have done for Venera.

Thank you! Mucho much. I can't wait to fly this up on a Tantares Proton. 

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

@akron tell your midgets to wash their hands so the don't bring germs home.

I don't know, I seem to get more done when I'm sick and without care...

Look, a segway!

I did the High-gain dish, which was also originally by @Beale, and also the SAS/startracker assembly, which I've decided to add to the core instead of separate part. The colliders would have been a mess and it would have been a super-niche part.

DxLtrjI.png

nqw8XHa.png

I'm working on the camera assembly *sneeze* but it's getting annoying to UV so I may skip it until later. IDK

~cheers

Edited by akron