Devnotes coming tomorrow!

Darth Badie

As much as I refresh the forum on Tuesdays to see how what's happening on the dev side of my favorite game, I'm not complaining.  I want you guys to do the best you can on this game, and take all the time you need.  Though I do admit I wish you guys were going to keep the communication relay  system in 1.1.  

Fear not, guys, my pitch fork was made at the KSC VAB and alas somehow ended up a foam swim noodle during fabrication.  Now get back to work! *bops on head with swim noodle*

1 minute ago, CliftonM said:

Nope.

*Grabs pitchfork*

What is sad, is that sarcasm doesn't translate well by typed word :)

You would think that anyone who might complain about devnotes being delayed would have learnt from the issues that the community has experienced over the weekend.  Complaining about some delays resulted in a major contributor throwing in the towel and people being hurt in the process.  To the credit of those who have been the most, there is a generosity of spirit beyond comprehension, to which I am eternally grateful.

Peace.

Just now, theJesuit said:

What is sad, is that sarcasm doesn't translate well by typed word :)

You would think that anyone who might complain about devnotes being delayed would have learnt from the issues that the community has experienced over the weekend.  Complaining about some delays resulted in a major contributor throwing in the towel and people being hurt in the process.  To the credit of those who have been the most, there is a generosity of spirit beyond comprehension, to which I am eternally grateful.

Peace.

Much of this is purely a joke.

*Lights textbook on fire...*

See?

Aw, that's okay guys. One day later than usual is fine to me, especially if it means more time and effort is put into development.

13 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

:tarandfeather:

Someone, make a smily.

R1FW1AJ.png

I made it with MS Paint in about 5 minutes.

In the nicest way possible, I hope these delays mean that 1.1 will drop any day now. I definitely understand the need for allocating time in other places, and I hope we have a nice juicy patch in our hands before the end of the month.

7 minutes ago, Baconation said:

In the nicest way possible, I hope these delays mean that 1.1 will drop any day now.

Still have to go through experimentals (at least, that's what they're telling us) which usually takes a couple of weeks.

If you don't know, experimentals are when a group of a few hundred devs get their hands on the thing and test until Jeb can't take any more.

38 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

No, no, no!  Devnotes late once, pitchforks and torches, Devnotes late twice, tar and feathers.

Have to do it right though.  The tar goes on fine, but each feather you add makes time slow down incrementally, and any that touch the ground explode after a second or two.  Finally, the whole thing begins pitching wildly about and then flies randomly off into space at 600 m/s, leaving behind a single shoe and a wildly oscillating sock that eventually explodes also.

6 minutes ago, KerbonautInTraining said:

Still have to go through experimentals (at least, that's what they're telling us) which usually takes a couple of weeks.

If you don't know, experimentals are when a group of a few hundred devs get their hands on the thing and test until Jeb can't take any more.

Yeah, but I can hope for secret experimentals!!

7 minutes ago, Baconation said:

Yeah, but I can hope for secret experimentals!!

Well I guess they'll be a secret from when Squad move 1.1 to experimentals to when they tell us 1.1 has moved to experimentals

That could be like, hours of secrecy!

Edited by NoMrBond

10 minutes ago, NoMrBond said:

Well I guess they'll be a secret from when Squad move 1.1 to experimentals to when they tell us 1.1 has moved to experimentals

That could be like, hours of secrecy!

Depends; if they're going to tell us through Devnotes this time, it could be anywhere between 6 and 8 days of secrecy!

2 minutes ago, Sophistry said:

Depends; if they're going to tell us through Devnotes this time, it could be anywhere between 6 and 8 days of secrecy!

Nah, I expect they'll be just as excited (and even more relieved) as the players once the build is deemed good enough to move forward

It'll get sung from every mountaintop

1 hour ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

No, no, no!  Devnotes late once, pitchforks and torches, Devnotes late twice, tar and feathers.

This is the third time, so what happens now? Send them to Mars for a Mark Watneyesque experience? 

Edited by CaLVin-K
typo

12 minutes ago, CrashTestDanny said:

but this will be the third time if I recall correctly... what do we do for the third time?

Danny

1 hour ago, Garibaldi2257 said:

pitchforks and torches for the first one, tar and feathers for the second one.  this is the third one, what do we do for it? honey and fire ants??? ;)

How about honey and honey badgers?