[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

@Nils277 whatever I try to add a tag to the workshop it just don't work.
examples:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ELWorkshop]&!#tags[cck-el]]:AFTER[Launchpad] { @tags ^= :$: cck-el: }
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ELConverter]&!#tags[cck-el]]:AFTER[Launchpad] { @tags ^= :$: cck-el: }

maybe I've did it wrong.

Edited by LatiMacciato

On 4/5/2018 at 9:52 AM, Nils277 said:

For all graphics enthusiasts, KPBS will be undergoing an art overhaul.
Here is a sneak peek of whatyou can expect for the IVAs:

Before:

D1VMjR0.jpg

After:

tIbTTu4.jpg

However the complete overhaul will take a lot of time...at least 2 months.

Any luck getting an structural/ passable  part the allows us to make simetric structures L ie that would allows us to account for the difference in length between the hab and the greenhouse.

12 hours ago, LatiMacciato said:

@Nils277 whatever I try to add a tag to the workshop it just don't work.
examples:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ELWorkshop]&!#tags[cck-el]]:AFTER[Launchpad] { @tags ^= :$: cck-el: }
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ELConverter]&!#tags[cck-el]]:AFTER[Launchpad] { @tags ^= :$: cck-el: }

maybe I've did it wrong.

I think for KPBS the problem is that the Tags themselves are not directly written into the config but are part pointing to a localized string. I will have to add these tags to the EL localized strings directly

11 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Any luck getting an structural/ passable  part the allows us to make simetric structures L ie that would allows us to account for the difference in length between the hab and the greenhouse.

Hmm, i just wanted to reply that the greenhouse is the same length as e.g. Habitat MK1 + Control (or big fueltank + small fueltank) but it seems that is is rather the lengt of the Habitat MK1 + Modular 2X Storage. (How on earth did that happen? I was really sure that i made the length to be some more compatible with the other leghts) Will add a structural part  with switchable lengths.

4 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Nils277 Look at your location.

Now look at mine.

Now look down here. :wink: 

Very nice. Now i have to change my Location...since i don't have so search anymore :wink: 

Edited by Nils277

7 hours ago, Nils277 said:

I think for KPBS the problem is that the Tags themselves are not directly written into the config but are part pointing to a localized string. I will have to add these tags to the EL localized strings directly

that would be cool, I hope @taniwha processes PR #139 and then the tagging can begin :D

PS: very cool to see the new EL processing, tho I'm uncertain what to do with the carbon related resources (Water I can process to fuel already)

Edited by LatiMacciato

IRL, CarbonMonoxide can be used as a fuel, as can Carbon. CarbonDioxide is plant food. Formaldehyde (if anyone ever bothers to make a resource def for it) seems to be useful in industry. Hydrogen and Water have obvious uses. Also, I imagine that with suitable energy input, the chemicals can be processed into more useful forms.

24 minutes ago, taniwha said:

IRL, CarbonMonoxide can be used as a fuel, as can Carbon. CarbonDioxide is plant food. Formaldehyde (if anyone ever bothers to make a resource def for it) seems to be useful in industry. Hydrogen and Water have obvious uses. Also, I imagine that with suitable energy input, the chemicals can be processed into more useful forms.

quite correct! I'd know some other uses for Formaldehyde (medical purposes *cough cough*).

If I were into creating parts (I'm using Linux and still a noob with Blender!) I might just make a separate usage mod for that "waste" outputs. Also I just might appreciate KBPS parts since it is so made for beeing flexible now!

17 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Hmm, i just wanted to reply that the greenhouse is the same length as e.g. Habitat MK1 + Control (or big fueltank + small fueltank) but it seems that is is rather the lengt of the Habitat MK1 + Modular 2X Storage. (How on earth did that happen? I was really sure that i made the length to be some more compatible with the other leghts) Will add a structural part  with switchable lengths.

Thanks you are the best

I think I've run into a minor bug with the K&K Fuelcell Container. Despite having enough fuel on my base, activating the fuelcell just gets a "Output capped at 95%" message.

I did a quick test using a rover using the FUR roof mounted fuelcell and that works fine as you can see here. The K&K fuelcell does nothing and doesn't use any resources but the roof mounted fuelcell works perfectly.

1 hour ago, DrTaff said:

I think I've run into a minor bug with the K&K Fuelcell Container. Despite having enough fuel on my base, activating the fuelcell just gets a "Output capped at 95%" message.

I did a quick test using a rover using the FUR roof mounted fuelcell and that works fine as you can see here. The K&K fuelcell does nothing and doesn't use any resources but the roof mounted fuelcell works perfectly.

This is done on purpose to prevent some issues when Life Support Mods are installed (especially TAC-LS). Once there is less than 95% the fuelcell from KPBS will run normaly. It is made so that the fuelcell has a lower priority than the converter for the life support mods.
However i can change the config in a way that the maximal capacity for the fuelcell is at 95% when an LS mod is installed and at 100% otherwise.

21 minutes ago, Catatau_27 said:

Please, the Spacedock is out of service "500 internal ERROR" i suggest another way to share the mod!

Are you serious? Every update post as well as the OP link to three different services to download this mod from! Additionally Spacedock is online again (not even 15 Minutes after you posted).
You wrote the very same post in threads of at least three other mods. I really would suggest to have some more patience!

Edited by Nils277

4 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Are you serious? Every update post as well as the OP link to three different services to download this mod from! Additionally Spacedock is online again (not even 15 Minutes after you posted).
You wrote the very same post in threads of at least three other mods. I really would suggest to have some patience!

Having the same issue with Spacedock still (just checked prior to posting); however I did utilize one of the other 2 sources for the downloads.

Thanks for the effort and a great mod setup.

10 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

You wrote the very same post in threads of at least three other mods. I really would suggest to have some more patience!

What I find most interesting is where it he *didn't* make that post: In the SpaceDock thread, to notify the maintainers of that site.

(Admittedly I haven't posted an update there either.  There are a couple of people discussing the issue, and I don't see the need to add anything - I would just be nagging.  But you'd think that would be the first port of call.)

23 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

Isso é feito intencionalmente para evitar alguns problemas quando os Mods de Suporte Vital estão instalados (especialmente o TAC-LS). Uma vez que haja menos de 95%, a célula de combustível do KPBS será executada normalmente. É feito para que a célula de combustível tenha uma prioridade menor que o conversor para os mods de suporte de vida.
No entanto, eu posso mudar a configuração de uma forma que a capacidade máxima para a célula de combustível é de 95% quando um mod LS está instalado e em 100% caso contrário.

Você está falando sério? Cada post de atualização, bem como o link OP para três serviços diferentes para baixar este mod de! Além disso, Spacedock está online novamente (nem mesmo 15 minutos depois que você postou).
Você escreveu o mesmo post em tópicos de pelo menos três outros mods. Eu realmente sugiro ter mais paciência!

Album https://imgur.com/6iAPld7 will appear when post is submitted

26 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

This is done on purpose to prevent some issues when Life Support Mods are installed (especially TAC-LS). Once there is less than 95% the fuelcell from KPBS will run normaly. It is made so that the fuelcell has a lower priority than the converter for the life support mods.
However i can change the config in a way that the maximal capacity for the fuelcell is at 95% when an LS mod is installed and at 100% otherwise.

Ok, I just had another go with using the K&K fuelcell after using up most of the EC on that rover and sure enough the fuelcell works fine, thanks for clearing that up!

9 minutes ago, N70 said:

it's a picture of spacedock being broken: https://imgur.com/6iAPld7

it's broken for everyone

Ah, thanks!

Still does not justify why @Catatau_27 did not even have 1 Minute time to read the OP or a few posts above to see that there are already two additional mirrors to download the mod from. Same goes for the NF mods where there are also three mirrors but the same question was asked. This is ...infuriating me. 

Edited by Nils277

1 minute ago, Nils277 said:

Ah, obrigada!

Ainda não justifica porque @ Catatau_27  nem sequer teve tempo de 1 minuto para ler o OP ou alguns posts acima para ver que já existem dois espelhos adicionais para baixar o mod de. O mesmo vale para os mods NF, onde também há três espelhos, mas a mesma pergunta foi feita. Isso é ... me enfurecendo. 

Yes I read, and that's exactly why I did not publish anything about it, xD Ok, I just thought that whoever can use the time to observe my publications would also realize that I did not publish any more warnings. PS: I already downloaded it for another mirror!

2 hours ago, Nils277 said:

I'd leave it: There's another very good reason for it.

That is: Solar panels.  If you have them, that 95% will mean the fuel cell will only run if the solar panels aren't doing enough to power the base.  If you set it 100%, then you can have an abundance of solar - and still be running fuel cells, and using fuel.  (USI does the same with reactors for exactly this reason.)