Why does everyone care so much about IVA's

OrbitalBuzzsaw

Okay. So for a while I was wondering, why does everyone care so much about IVAs? I mean, who even uses them? I never fly from them, and they're downright stupid on my tiny keyboard. The thing I'm particularly annoyed about is that modders refuse to release cockpits until they have IVAs. Seriously, modders!

A lot of people use them.  Some people play entire missions solely from IVA.  I personally love to capture video and photo opportunities using them.

Regarding the modders holding back on their work until an IVA is complete, I would venture a guess to say it's professional pride in their work.  Take @Nils277 and Kerbal Planetary Base Systems mod, all of his IVA's are absolutely beautiful and bring a sense of immersion and completeness to a stock-a-like parts pack.  I salute him for that.  Not all modders do this, but I appreciate the ones that do.  It's hard work.

Edited by Raptor9

39 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

I mean, who even uses them?

I do. :kiss:

40 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

they're downright stupid on my tiny keyboard.

I don't understand either, how are IVAs stupid "on your keyboard"?

IVA hotkey is annoying. Trying to pull up, go into IVA. UGH!

55 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

A lot of people use them.  Some people play entire missions solely from IVA.  I personally love to capture video and photo opportunities using them.

Regarding the modders holding back on their work until an IVA is complete, I would venture a guess to say it's professional pride in their work.  Take @Nils277 and Kerbal Planetary Base Systems mod, all of his IVA's are absolutely beautiful and bring a sense of immersion and completeness to a stock-a-like parts pack.  I salute him for that.  Not all modders do this, but I appreciate the ones that do.  It's hard work.

This I understand, but its a little ridiculous sometimes, as in no BETAS EVEN until a IVA done. Take BahamutoD's MK22 cockpits. I is wanting, but NO RELEASE BECAUSE OF ASET PROPS. SERIOUSLY.

58 minutes ago, Mastikator said:

Flying a rocket from IVA can feel more authentic. It would be something else to have VR IVA and all the tools available from the IVA.

OK that would be cool. Then I would use them

UGH AUTO MERGE

I didn't mean to offend people who use them, I'm just ranting 'cause of my play style. Sorry!

I can sort of see your point, as there have been mods I've wanted, or been waiting for, only to be told that, yeah, everything is done except IVAs... And several months, or even a year later, STILL no release... I think I've even seen whole mods disappear and become abandoned, between being all done except IVAs or minor final touches, which take so long, or are so involved, that the dev abandons them and they NEVER get released and disappear into obscurity...

So yeah, I do agree, that if a mod wants to do these beautiful, elaborate IVAs, then maybe THOSE parts should get done first, and then quit teasing a whole mod, just for iVAs... NO ONE LIKES A TEASE!! :o

Edited by Stone Blue

31 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

IVA hotkey is annoying. Trying to pull up, go into IVA. UGH!

First world problems.

12 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

How do I take down my thread?

Where do you think you're going? You made this thread, so ride it into obscurity.

37 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

I didn't mean to offend people who use them, I'm just ranting 'cause of my play style. Sorry!

You didn't offend me, or anybody else it seems.  We were simply providing our views regarding IVA's based on our own play styles.  Personally, I can understand not wanting to release a mod until it fit the modders personal sense of completion.  As an avid craft file publisher, I refuse to post a craft file on KerbalX until I have the appropriate set of visual diagrams, description, and action groups clearly documented.  That's my personal standard of completion.

17 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

In your first post you asked who cares about IVA's and who uses them.  People answered your question...why do you want to delete the thread?  If you want to delete the thread so bad, contact one of the moderators in the Support section.

26 minutes ago, Nathair said:

What mods have you got going there?

It appears to be Raster Prop Monitor.

Edited by Raptor9

32 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

It can't be taken down, but you clearly got the answer to your question. I suggest you ask a moderator to lock it. In staying on topic, it is a little absurd to hold an update because of an IVA IMO.

Funny, I always just looked at IVAs as being decorative. I enjoyed looking around to see all the bins for trash, rubbish, junk, snacks, food, not food, and biohazards all mixed together. Trying to read the shopping lists on the post-it notes, to see what kerbals eat. I never even considered trying to fly a mission from an IVA. I use probe cores instead of pilots, anyway. But now I'm definitely going to have to try an IVA flight or 10.

@Raptor9: "Elon Kerman"?? LOL!

37 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

I can sort of see your point, as there have been mods I've wanted, or been waiting for, only to be told that, yeah, everything is done except IVAs... And several months, or even a year later, STILL no release... I think I've even seen whole mods disappear and become abandoned, between being all done except IVAs or minor final touches, which take so long, or are so involved, that the dev abandons them and they NEVER get released and disappear into obscurity...

So yeah, I do agree, that if a mod wants to do these beautiful, elaborate IVAs, then maybe THOSE parts should get done first, and then quite teasing a whole mod, just for iVAs... NO ONE LIKES A TEASE!! :o

FINALLY, someone understands why I made this thread

Nobody's "hating on" you.  You asked a question, and you got an answer.

The answer to your other question is you can't delete the thread.  At this point, neither can a moderator.  They can only delete them if there are no responses.  The best you can get now is a locked thread.

6 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

I give up. Hate on me all you want. I'll probably be banned within the hour.

Not for this thread, unless you try real hard to make that happen. Also not seeing anybody hating on you, just disagreeing.

Deep breaths.

If you really want it locked:

Edited by Randazzo

Just now, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

I give up. Hate on me all you want. I'll probably be banned within the hour.

No hate from me. It was a legitimate frustration and one that is clearly shared by many members of the community. Honestly, check out the cutaway interior thread. I woild loke to apologize if anyone here made you feel cornered or in the wrong, because you weren't.

@Snark It seems pretty clear that @OrbitalBuzzsaw wants the thread locked.

1 minute ago, Nathair said:

I was thinking more of the spiffing Kerbin cloudscape.

Inthink that would be Stock Bisual Enhsncements and something I can't identify...