Devnote Tuesday: Moving Forward, Moving On

KasperVld

The Turkey is dead! Long live the [yet undisclosed species]!

1 hour ago, Freshmeat said:

I had no idea we where this close to a release, but do take your time. End of semester is on the horizon, and I foresee only little playing KSP until then anyway.

Another XCOM:EW campaign to finish, a single player and a coop campaign in Shogun2:FotS on the list, several Tell Tale Games in a humble bundle ... See you at 1.2 :P

13 hours ago, KasperVld said:

Jesus (Chuchito) makes a return in the devnotes: he’s been working on getting the patcher working again, replacing large chunks of code to ensure it runs properly on all supported platforms (Windows, OSX, Linux).

Remarkable!

The little old lady outside the metro station was right!

Jesus loves us ;)

Nestor should call himself either "The Pale Alien" or "We are Nestor"

https://forgottenfilmcast.wordpress.com/2012/03/27/battle-beyond-the-stars/

A crew of five aliens called Nestor who all share the same mind (sound a little like the Borg, anyone),

Edited by pslytely psycho

20 minutes ago, pslytely psycho said:

Nestor should call himself either "The Pale Alien" or "We are Nestor"

https://forgottenfilmcast.wordpress.com/2012/03/27/battle-beyond-the-stars/

A crew of five aliens called Nestor who all share the same mind (sound a little like the Borg, anyone),

That film looks awesome.

How about "Neut", short for "neutrino" (see below) - also there's the "aliens" connection (Newt).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NESTOR_Project

15 hours ago, NoMrBond said:

I say The Green Argonaut! He whales on the Mun and carries a harpoon! At least that's what our fungineers think!

OK, that got out of hand, but hi Nestor anyway, and I'll show myself out, right after this next message!

-----

What exactly is going on (or suspected, if unknown) with joints?  Did the unintentional pack/unpack joint stiffening that was going on from 0.23.5 to 1.0.5 mask a serious underlying problem, or merely make it so that the joint strengths haven't actually been balanced since then (since the numbers seemed to work)?

I hope everything is well on the homefront @Dr_Turkey?  Hopefully you've enjoyed your tenure at Squad (and found the fireproof pants and lava pitchfork comfortable), maybe you'll have time to give us a going away Squadcast if the opportunity presents itself?

BUT THERE AINT NO WHALES SO WE TELL TALL TALES AND SING OUR WHALING TOOOOOON

I may be new to the forums, but not to gaming. Take your time with the bug fixing, as many people have said on here, better a later release date than bugs on launch and a hot fix later. I respect you guys for pushing the date back to make sure you release as close to as bug free product as possible, and and look forward to sinking endless hours into the final product once it's out. So keep it up!!! You've done awesome to date and I'm sure it'll still still be still be that way only launch!!!!!

Ok, so KSP 1.1 is a tad late...ok!  That works for me...Need to reinstall everything since I just recently had to do a full restore on my computer (to factory settings) on account of viruses and adware from somewhere.

Also, very sad to see Dr. Turkey go.  Thanks for your hard work, turkey!  Good luck on whatever other things you move on to!

Dr. Turkey's incessant pleas to add farm animals to the game had finally taken it's toll on the rest of the team.  They had to show him the door.  The front door.  Which, promptly, hit him on the bottom.  All talk of livestock was, hence forth, banned with penalty of aggressive, yet oddly pleasant, flogging.

@Dr_Turkey, I bet it's been a hectic and rewarding ride :). Your live streams will certainly be missed! It's crazy to think that I've been here long enough to see the torch pass twice. Take care man, and best of luck in all of your future endeavors. o7

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.