Jump to content

[1.4.x-1.8.x] Airplane Plus - R26.4 (Fixed issues/Github is up to date) (Dec 21, 2019)


blackheart612
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Skywalket said:

I like all the Props and WWII era parts, I really do, but I think maybe it's time to make some more jet age/Vietnam War-era stuff (cough cough, dual cockpit, cough cough).

Hmmm... F-4 style cockpit that goes from a circular to a Mk3 style fuselage? There's a noticable lack of love for the ol' Lead Sled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, theonegalen said:

Lots of jousting, probably?

Yeah, given the weapons of the time that's pretty much the only way they could maybe score hits.

Back when X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter was around, my friends had to implement a rule against interceptor-class vs. interceptor-class battles, because they tended to be drawn out and inconclusive. The A-Wing could outrun most missiles, and the TIE Interceptor was extremely difficult to hit if it was flown well.

Just now, MaverickSawyer said:

Custom or private match in War Thunder, dude.

Ya know I keep hearing about this game, but I have yet to play it. I might have to correct that error.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sturmhauke said:

Ya know I keep hearing about this game, but I have yet to play it. I might have to correct that error.

Do it! It's an awesome game! Then try to re-create the craft and tanks in KSP!

On 10/8/2018 at 5:04 PM, MaverickSawyer said:

Hmmm... F-4 style cockpit that goes from a circular to a Mk3 style fuselage? There's a noticable lack of love for the ol' Lead Sled.

I meant something along the lines of a Hind Cockpit, but that's a great idea!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont have the new parts!

I already donwloaded the mod from SpaceDock and install it but i dont have the parts! i did something wrong?

i will check the version of the mod...

 

Edit: nvm i reinstalled it wrong, now it works

Edited by JoaquinJAR
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Beetlecat said:

Anybody good at flying rotor craft with this mod's rotors? The engines/rotors are really cool, but flying them is a wild time. ;) Any hints for actually achieving straight/level flight?

You're probably not alone, i've had my fair share of frustation with them. For my helis i prefer to fly with sas open, autopilot mod goes nutz with helis, you should also need to put just enough steering force via right click menu on rotors, too much or too low will make helis unstable.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Anybody good at flying rotor craft with this mod's rotors? The engines/rotors are really cool, but flying them is a wild time. ;) Any hints for actually achieving straight/level flight?

I'm trying to figure that out too. Some mod I installed came bundled with a hover control mod that I can't figure out the name of. It puts a helicopter icon on the in-flight toolbar and adds a vertical throttle interface, but it's not working right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sturmhauke said:

I'm trying to figure that out too. Some mod I installed came bundled with a hover control mod that I can't figure out the name of. It puts a helicopter icon on the in-flight toolbar and adds a vertical throttle interface, but it's not working right.

Sounds like one of the mods by Angel125 (Pathfinder, Buffalo, DSEV, MOLE, Flying Saucers, and Heisenberg)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Small note - in these two files, a curly brace is either missing or there's one or more too many:

AirplanePlus\Parts\Command\cessnacockpit\partcabin.cfg
AirplanePlus\Parts\Structure and Fuel\r22set\mk3s1.cfg

What I get for not using notepad++. I mean I have it but I can't resist the beauty of notepad. Rest assured I'll fix it, if I don't upload a wrong dev version. For the next update whenever that is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, blackheart612 said:

What I get for not using notepad++. I mean I have it but I can't resist the beauty of notepad. Rest assured I'll fix it, if I don't upload a wrong dev version. For the next update whenever that is.

I use this handy dandy python script to find stuff in every folder in my GameData, if that helps. Disclaimer: not a coder, don't really know Python, just got curious:

import os
import fnmatch
import sys
import codecs

folderpath = "C:\\Games\\Kerbal Space Program\\GameData\\"

configFileList = [os.path.join(dirpath, f)
    for dirpath, dirnames, files in os.walk(folderpath)
    for f in fnmatch.filter(files, '*.cfg')]

print('\nThere were ' + str(len(configFileList)) + ' config files in that folder.')

def checkConfigs():
    for elem in configFileList:
        char1 = '{'
        char2 = '}'
        filePathName = elem
        fileContent = open(elem, 'r', encoding='utf8', errors='ignore').read()
        numOpenBraces = fileContent.count(char1)
        numCloseBraces = fileContent.count(char2)   
        if numOpenBraces != numCloseBraces:
            print('Check ' + str(filePathName))
        
checkConfigs()

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...