[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

On 11.8.2016 at 5:11 PM, Galileo said:

I totally forgot to upload the alternate clouds.cfg that removes ground shadows for those of you that can't stand the artifacting on landing gear.  I'll do that when I get home tonight

Where can I find this alternate cloud.cfg?

1 hour ago, Cheesecake said:

Where can I find this alternate cloud.cfg?

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 7:50 AM, Galileo said:

ALTERNATE CLOUD CONFIG. TO GET RID OF CLOUD SHADOWS. THIS WILL FIX THE ARTIFACTING ON THE LIGHTS AT THE LAUNCH PAD AND THE ARTIFACTING ON THE LANDING GEAR.  Please note: Kerbin may appear a little brighter on the surface without the shadows. Not by much, I just don't want to have to explain it over and over.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Edited by Galileo

9 hours ago, Galileo said:

Bored tonight, so I decided Galileo's Sun Flares deserved some much needed love.

1HKAZfz.png

I did download this mod before i get outer planets so.

The scatterer and other visaual effects dont work

Idk what happened so

Edited by How to: KSP

1 hour ago, How to: KSP said:

I did download this mod before i get outer planets so.

The scatterer and other visaual effects dont work

Idk what happened so

How did you install the mod, manually or with CKAN?  If manually, confirm you have a "StockVisualEnhancements", "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements", "DistantObject" and "scatterer" folders directly under "GameData".  If with CKAN, remove SVE with CKAN, delete the aforementioned directories from your GameData folder and install manually by dragging and dropping the GameData folder in the download zip file into the KSP directory.

Linking your output_log file and screenshots showing the problem to another post might help diagnose your problem (use imgur, dropbox, or any other reputable site to upload your files.  Don't post the log file directly here.).

Few Kerbin beauty shots on my way to check out the crashed flying saucer :)  (Feel free to copy to SVT thread.) Unfortunately KSP didn't want to let me actually stop next to it, so there are no ground shots... 

3mVYyyR.jpg

Btw, as general advice for other SVE users, you may want to open Distant Object Enhancement settings and turn off dynamic sky dimming, and increase maximum sky brightness to... maximum. I know, I know, it's "realistic" to dim out the stars when any other object is in view but... you're here for visuals, right? Trust me, you'll see a lot more spaaaaace if you change those things :) 

I want to use this mod so badly but it drops my frames to about 40 at the space center and 15 everywhere else. I tried removing scatterer and it got slightly better and tried using the low res pack with the same results. I have an SLI setup of 2 GTX 770Ms and an i7. I hope you can provide some help?

1 hour ago, StormxWolf said:

I want to use this mod so badly but it drops my frames to about 40 at the space center and 15 everywhere else. I tried removing scatterer and it got slightly better and tried using the low res pack with the same results. I have an SLI setup of 2 GTX 770Ms and an i7. I hope you can provide some help?

How many other mods do you have installed?  Have you tried a fresh install of SVE without any other mods? You can try disabling the volumetric clouds. If that doesn't work,  try a fresh install of ksp.  Also post your logs and I can take a look to see if something isnt being run correctly

4 hours ago, Galileo said:

How many other mods do you have installed?  Have you tried a fresh install of SVE without any other mods? You can try disabling the volumetric clouds. If that doesn't work,  try a fresh install of ksp.  Also post your logs and I can take a look to see if something isnt being run correctly

I had roughly 30 other mods installed. I took a vanilla install and installed SVE - about the same horrible performance (with only a minor improvement in performance). I tried forcing SLI with a larger improvement in performance - but nothing amazing. I tried messing around in game and I found that when I zoomed in to only my 4 part test probe that I had landed on Duna (using hyperedit) the frames were smooth as butter. The exteme alternate was also true, if I zoomed all the way out (with the same probe) to see the surface of Duna and found that the performance was also pretty good. If I put the prove in orbit however the performance was lower than if it were zoomed out.

6 minutes ago, StormxWolf said:

I had roughly 30 other mods installed. I took a vanilla install and installed SVE - about the same horrible performance (with only a minor improvement in performance). I tried forcing SLI with a larger improvement in performance - but nothing amazing. I tried messing around in game and I found that when I zoomed in to only my 4 part test probe that I had landed on Duna (using hyperedit) the frames were smooth as butter. The exteme alternate was also true, if I zoomed all the way out (with the same probe) to see the surface of Duna and found that the performance was also pretty good. If I put the prove in orbit however the performance was lower than if it were zoomed out.

Will you post your logs so I can take a look? 

And this is on a laptop correct? 

Edited by Galileo

4 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Will you post your logs so I can take a look? 

And this is on a laptop correct? 

Logs here

KSP root file log: http://pastebin.com/idkXXrpA

Output log file: https://jpst.it/Mqpk (to big for pastebin)

And yes, this is on an Alienware 18. The logs have the specs in it. It's worth nothing the logs also don't specify SLI configuration so it's actually 2 GTX 770Ms.

As an aside from the normal "My Stuff Isn't Working" comments...

Gal - only just noticed the new 1.4 SVT this afternoon. Naturally, I installed it and have been enjoying the evening zooming around the local Kerbin area. However, I did notice something... well, Odd isn't the right word, but different. I noticed absolutely ZERO White Orb Of Death. Normally, I don't see it until I'm exiting out and hit the main menu again (regardless of what I do, this always happens), but tonight when I quit out, it was looking NORMAL. No White Orb at all. Not sure if it's something you changed in SVT or what, but something must have changed somewhere. And it wasn't my load order, minus the SVT update.

Anyhow, still looking awesome, looking forward to your next kerbal manipulations.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.