[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

Looks like the CKAN config is borked (on KSP 1.2.2). This happens after selecting the "Stock Visual Enhancements: Sunflare" option that pops up after trying to install the high res SVE pack:

Failed to download "https://github.com/Galileo88/StockVisualEnhancements/releases/download/1.1.21/SVE.HR.1.1.21.zip" - error: The request was aborted: The connection was closed unexpectedly.

Failed to download "https://github.com/Galileo88/StockVisualEnhancements/releases/download/1.1.21/SVE.LR.1.1.21.zip" - error: The request was aborted: The connection was closed unexpectedly.

It's odd that it's trying to install version 1.1.21 since 1.1.4 shows as the latest version on the main CKAN list. That said, it's weird that 1.1.21 is older than 1.1.4, since this isn't how version numbering usually works - 21 is higher than 4! :P

Perhaps the weird version numbers is causing CKAN to pick up and try to use the old 1.1.21 version that's no longer on the release page on github?

So as much as I love the look of Eve's glorious clouds from afar, I just don't like the idea of blindly trying to land on that wet purple rock with those blocking my landings. What files do I need to move to get rid of the clouds on Eve? I'd disable the entire mod for a while, or delete the files for Eve, but I love this mod too much. I just want a temporary fix while I get used to flying to/from Eve (still a newbie).

7 hours ago, notJebKerman said:

is there an album where i can see how this mod looks on other planets (and moons)?

Keep scrolling up and you'll find one I did. It's all in SVE high res. When Galileo gets back I might ask him to put a link to the post in the OP

On 29/12/2016 at 5:07 AM, Joltout said:

So as much as I love the look of Eve's glorious clouds from afar, I just don't like the idea of blindly trying to land on that wet purple rock with those blocking my landings. What files do I need to move to get rid of the clouds on Eve? I'd disable the entire mod for a while, or delete the files for Eve, but I love this mod too much. I just want a temporary fix while I get used to flying to/from Eve (still a newbie).

You can hit ALT + 0 and then go to eve's clouds configurations and change some numbers. Scroll up in this thread and there's some messages concerning this kind of cloud configurations...
Go to this thread there's a couple of comment on this. 

Edited by Agustin

On 12/29/2016 at 2:07 AM, Joltout said:

You could just use scansat to scan the planet and get the topography and determine where to land based on that. Much more realistic that way in my opinion. Or you can open up alt + 0 and use the cloud manager to set all of your Cloud layers transparency to zero (x, x, x, 0) that will not remove the clouds but make them transparent and then once you're done landing you can change the transparency back to its original value

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 8:08 AM, animanatole said:

Why can't I get those pretty textures ?

FcQ9bYQ.jpg

I mean, EVE is working I guess. I have clouds, city lights.

Do we get those from EVE ? How do I do ?

The textures are from SVT, which isn't included inside SVE

This has probably been answered on here before, but how would I go about changing the colour of a planets' atmosphere, specifically I'll be making Jool a stronger and darker shade of green.

The Scatterer in-game menu doesn't have anything obvious in the way of colour control, so I'm guessing that this is tucked away in a config file somewhere.

Any help appreciated.

2 hours ago, purpleivan said:

This has probably been answered on here before, but how would I go about changing the colour of a planets' atmosphere, specifically I'll be making Jool a stronger and darker shade of green.

The Scatterer in-game menu doesn't have anything obvious in the way of colour control, so I'm guessing that this is tucked away in a config file somewhere.

Currently, in order to change the color, there is no other way but to (re)create from scratch the new Scatterer texture files (as they are "hard-coded").

3 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

Currently, in order to change the color, there is no other way but to (re)create from scratch the new Scatterer texture files (as they are "hard-coded").

Ok... I'll just have to tweak my screenshots.

Photoshop to the rescue :)

6 hours ago, sylvain1264 said:

Hello,

Thanks for the mod, it is awesome ! But I got an issue, I'm new to this game and I don't know if it's vanilla bug, see those screens on the mun, there are strange visual glitchs:

*snip*

Any ways to fix this ?

Disable Terrain shadows in the scatterer menu.

Just now, Notsure_jr said:

What's the fps people usually get with this mod? I get about 20fps looking at the ground but 60 when looking the sky with just the 2d layer option enabled on clouds on Kerbin. I have a i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz and a  GeForce GT 640.

well its certainly not your processor but you could be experiencing a bottleneck with your graphics card

I've been working on figuring out what I did to screw up my installation.  I had clouds at one point then went to updating mods and found others I liked.  I don't recall exactly what mods I installed since the clouds broke for me, but this is what I see now:

http://imgur.com/a/O8Qc0

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4dI83K3DjBjT2MySGZ0cWRwVFU My Mods

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4dI83K3DjBjV3Z5X1hmNVVid0U My Output.log

I just went through and meticulously updated every single mod I could, so I don't think that's the issue. Perhaps I'm missing some conflicting mod that you guys know about?

20 minutes ago, nicknite1 said:

I've been working on figuring out what I did to screw up my installation.  I had clouds at one point then went to updating mods and found others I liked.  I don't recall exactly what mods I installed since the clouds broke for me, but this is what I see now:

http://imgur.com/a/O8Qc0

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4dI83K3DjBjT2MySGZ0cWRwVFU My Mods

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4dI83K3DjBjV3Z5X1hmNVVid0U My Output.log

I just went through and meticulously updated every single mod I could, so I don't think that's the issue. Perhaps I'm missing some conflicting mod that you guys know about?

Well you have more than 1 visual pack installed. If you are using SciFi visual enhancements, and SVE, they will conflict and not have clouds. 

also you arent on the latest KSP

AND you have kopernicus expansions, which doesnt work in 1.2.2.

Why do you have your KSP_Data and KSP_x64_Data folders in your GameData?

you probably need to start with  fresh install of KSP and install of of your mods again and use only 1 visual pack at a time

Edited by Galileo

26 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Well you have more than 1 visual pack installed. If you are using SciFi visual enhancements, and SVE, they will conflict and not have clouds. 

also you arent on the latest KSP

AND you have kopernicus expansions, which doesnt work in 1.2.2.

Why do you have your KSP_Data and KSP_x64_Data folders in your GameData?

you probably need to start with  fresh install of KSP and install of of your mods again and use only 1 visual pack at a time

I'm pretty sure the DATA folders were leftover from when I was using the hack for 64 bit that's long since been defunct.  Took me awhile to figure out how to get it to work for me and I think that was part of my trial-and-error techniques. 

My steam has a tendency of not automatically updating my files even though I've always had it set to auto-update.  I normally launch KSP from my pinned desktop icon but I think I should link that to the launcher itself and see if that fixes my issues.

I deleted Kopernicus Exp and the DATA folders as well as the SciFi and got clouds.  I'm showing version 1.2.2.1622 on my KSP.  I got clouds working (YAY been working for 3 days now on it) but the framerate dropped dramatically.  Going to figure out what's causing the issue now.  I may just delete my KSP.EXE files and have steam fetch the newest versions for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.