[1.12.x] End your parts list nightmare - Introducing The Janitor's Closet

linuxgurugamer

4 hours ago, Viruzzz said:

I need the Player.log

Also, the ModuleManager.configcache

Fix released

Edited by linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamerWhat does the Button Priority in this mod do when Toolbar Control is installed?

Also in the version before this new one, when I selected off Toolbar Enabled (changing this requires a restart) in Menu settings, I would not have JC in flight scene, which I loved and now it seems to show up again.

New release, 0.3.7.3

• Added check for part already added.  PlumeParty has a number of parts which apparently have also been included in other mods (ChrayolDesign is one) and was causing errors because of duplicate parts

Note:  This is really a bug in (probably) the  Chrayon Design Org, or maybe it is a bad install.  ChrayonDesign has PlumeParty embeded inside it, in it's entirety.  The file vent.cfg is in both, and I'm not sure what the correct setup should be.  But there should never be two parts with the identical name.   I have no idea what will happen in KSP with multiple identical-named parts

Pinging @JadeOfMaar  & @DylanSemrau  to get this fixed.

56 minutes ago, therealcrow999 said:

Also in the version before this new one, when I selected off Toolbar Enabled (changing this requires a restart) in Menu settings, I would not have JC in flight scene, which I loved and now it seems to show up again.

Please verify that you did disable the ToolbarEnabled AND restarted after installing this version.

57 minutes ago, therealcrow999 said:

@linuxgurugamerWhat does the Button Priority in this mod do when Toolbar Control is installed?

Ummm, what?  I just did a search, there is no setting by that name.  This mod does NOT use the ToolbarController

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.3.7.3

• Added check for part already added.  PlumeParty has a number of parts which apparently have also been included in other mods (ChrayolDesign is one) and was causing errors because of duplicate parts

Note:  This is really a bug in (probably) the  Chrayon Design Org, or maybe it is a bad install.  ChrayonDesign has PlumeParty embeded inside it, in it's entirety.  The file vent.cfg is in both, and I'm not sure what the correct setup should be.  But there should never be two parts with the identical name.   I have no idea what will happen in KSP with multiple identical-named parts

Pinging @JadeOfMaar  & @DylanSemrau  to get this fixed.

Please verify that you did disable the ToolbarEnabled AND restarted after installing this version.

Ummm, what?  I just did a search, there is no setting by that name.  This mod does NOT use the ToolbarController

Yeah it is weird about the Toolbar Controller. Maybe a mod conflict, who knows. Does not seem to be causing issues, just wanted to report it. It was from JC, after putting in the new one in.

4 minutes ago, therealcrow999 said:

Yeah it is weird about the Toolbar Controller. Maybe a mod conflict, who knows. Does not seem to be causing issues, just wanted to report it. It was from JC, after putting in the new one in.

I still don't understand.  This:

What does the Button Priority in this mod 

What is that?  There is no "Button Priority" in this mod, as far as I can tell, and since I wrote this, I also did searches and didn't find anything in JC referring to any sort of button priority

12 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:
13 hours ago, therealcrow999 said:

I disable it and re-enable it, then finally disabled it, to see if that worked, no go. I did complete restart of KSP each time. I have not tested a new save.

7 hours ago, therealcrow999 said:

@linuxgurugamerHere you go, hope this helps:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z7c11navf1b9zcj/Logs.zip/file

Before mod:

After mod:

Hope it is not the SpaceTuxLibrary stuff.

That has nothing to do with Janitor's Closet.  Looks like it is something in the ToolbarController, I'll look into it

This is a great mod to shorten the endless list of parts, and Im intrigued by the prune option as to shorten loading times :)

I play RSS RP0 and even though I have the folders of nonrp0  etc, these folders (if I get them correctly just make the nonRP0 parts disappear but they are still loaded every time.

Now there comes the prune command of janitor to shorten load times and memory usage. Is there a list or an easy way to prune all the nonRP0 parts???

@linuxgurugamerI did more test on the setting, "Toolbar Enabled (changing this requires a restart)." I ticked it off, do a restart and it will work like intended, but if I come back later after shutting down game and check a flight already in progress through the Space Center, JC icon will be there again. It seems like this feature works in beginning but later on down the line, it does not.

vZDp12e.jpg

4ysvta0.jpg

Player Log

2 hours ago, therealcrow999 said:

@linuxgurugamerI did more test on the setting, "Toolbar Enabled (changing this requires a restart)." I ticked it off, do a restart and it will work like intended, but if I come back later after shutting down game and check a flight already in progress through the Space Center, JC icon will be there again. It seems like this feature works in beginning but later on down the line, it does not.

Ok, so sequence of events is:

1. Uncheck the setting
  2. Restart the game

Works as intended

1. Shut down game 
  2. Start Game

Showing again

Is this an accurate summation?

18 hours ago, therealcrow999 said:

@linuxgurugamerFiz mais testes na configuração "Barra de ferramentas ativada (para alterar isso é necessário reiniciar)". Marquei, reiniciei e funcionará como pretendido, mas se eu voltar depois de desligar o jogo e verificar um vôo já em andamento pelo Centro Espacial, o ícone do JC estará lá novamente. Parece que esse recurso funciona no início, mas mais tarde, não funciona.

vZDp12e.jpg

4ysvta0.jpg

Registro do jogador

Sorry for the silly question, but where did you get this NavBall? I thought it was amazing!:awe:

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

but are you at the space center, or in the flight scene? 

I go to flight scene, on one my flights already in orbit. I can go to any flight scene from SC and the icon shows again.

2 hours ago, KallangoVerde said:

Sorry for the silly question, but where did you get this NavBall? I thought it was amazing!:awe:

NavBall Texture Changer:

It still works flawless.

Some of have the skins to use. At some point the OP will have zip file with all skins, so user can choose which to use. Either go in OP for some skins or go through the few pages to find some.

I used to use NavBallTextureChanger.  It's still has a wonderful page with alternate NavBall textures.

Better to use TextureReplacer, which is maintained.

Its instructions, linked in the original post:

https://github.com/ducakar/TextureReplacer/blob/master/README.md#instructions

tell where to put a replacement NavBall texture.

1 hour ago, Jacke said:

I used to use NavBallTextureChanger.  It's still has a wonderful page with alternate NavBall textures.

Better to use TextureReplacer, which is maintained.

Its instructions, linked in the original post:

https://github.com/ducakar/TextureReplacer/blob/master/README.md#instructions

tell where to put a replacement NavBall texture.

NavBall Texture Replacer doe not really need to be updated, there is no issues with it. The mod author already check. If it ain't broke, why fix it.

Why add Texture replacer when all you want to do is replace navball. Now if I want to replace Kerbals, skybox and other things, yeah it is a great mod for that. Thing I noticed with TR is if you have the DLC suits, it does not handle them well. I don't know if TR fixed this, but this is what I found out when I tested it like a month ago. TR was made to handle one suit at a time, I know this because when I did some modding with it. So having the new way to change suits in KSP is better than TR, and I think TR would need to rewrite that area in mod to make it function more.