[KSP 1.3.1] Bon Voyage 0.13.2.1 - Make your wheels rolling! 2017-10-15

RealGecko

11 hours ago, SchrottBot said:

Well, rovers are very shy when using BV, so they only move if you don't look at them. =) Seriously, BV only simulates the movement of rovers in the background and not while in physics range. Just switch to another ship or KSC and you'll see the rovers movement in the BV control panel telemetry. You'll also get a notification as soon as the destination is reached. You will not see it actually moving in flight scene.

Thanks!  Much appreciated.

Unfortunately switching away doesn't seem to be working either. I just went through the process until it said BV control lock active and then switched away either to the base right by him or nearby vehicles, he's still sitting there immobile.

However it's night now, so maybe this rule is stopping him? He has 40k+ batteries and can drive easily all night, does it really require active production and not just sufficient EC?

To start moving your power production must be at least 35% of wheels max consumption

You can see the things I'm switching to are certainly within physics range.

3qNKQsNl.png

21 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

Unfortunately switching away doesn't seem to be working either. I just went through the process until it said BV control lock active and then switched away either to the base right by him or nearby vehicles, he's still sitting there immobile.

However it's night now, so maybe this rule is stopping him? He has 40k+ batteries and can drive easily all night, does it really require active production and not just sufficient EC?

To start moving your power production must be at least 35% of wheels max consumption

3qNKQsNl.png

You need to switch to things *outside* physics range.  The way this mod works doesn't work on vessels within physics range.

Oh, and being at night will be a problem as well, yes.  There's no real estimation of 'do you have enough power storage?', it's all 'do you have enough power generation?'.  (Though the former might be an interesting feature request...)

51 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

3qNKQsNl.png

Bon Voyage is very shy---you have to go beyond physics range before your rover will move.  And I don't think you can run it on stored power, only on generated power.

28 minutes ago, Loren Pechtel said:

The only way you can see it working is if you're in the tracking center focused on the body where the rover is.  Otherwise all you'll see is the notification that the rover has arrived.

Too bad the Heinsenberg name was already taken, as it's way more appropriate here- it's a brilliant rover-driving wave until you look at it, whereupon the driver wave function collapses into a stupid unmoving hunk of metal and plastic.

@vossiewulf If you have solar panels only, then drive during a night is a no no. If you look at main BonVoyage panel, there will be 'waiting for sunlight' message near you rover name. It's better to be outside of physics range, when rover is starting to move. There's a bug right know which could mess with you game. Not gamebreaking, still, it's better to save before switching away. I'm working on it, but don't have too much time after the vacation.

Tracking resources consumption isn't happening. I'm just maintainer :)

Edited by maja

1 hour ago, maja said:

Tracking resources consumption isn't happening. I'm just maintainer

Thanks for the explanation. It's still sitting there, I'm afraid to go look lest the entire thing disappear with a sucking sound into a mini-singularity or something.

And I understand, but c'mon, that's got to be a dirt-easy change to go from isGeneratingPower boolean to hasEC boolean, at least I'd assume those exist so you don't have to constantly check numbers for yes/no boolean cases :)

1 hour ago, vossiewulf said:

Thanks for the explanation. It's still sitting there, I'm afraid to go look lest the entire thing disappear with a sucking sound into a mini-singularity or something.

And I understand, but c'mon, that's got to be a dirt-easy change to go from isGeneratingPower boolean to hasEC boolean, at least I'd assume those exist so you don't have to constantly check numbers for yes/no boolean cases :)

Ok, first thing first. Go to the rover and check if there is still active lock. If yes, then I need screenshot of the main BV window (that one with rover list) and BV version you are using.

I really am only maintainer and not the author, who are currently away.

It's not that easy. It means to go through all parts which can store power and sum their charge. Will it be enough or will be better to calculate power drain? That means to take into account how long will be a rover in the shadow. Right now, there are calculations for solar panels (including sun position), reactors and power packs.

Hey, people!

A lot of time passed since I was on the forum last time and I think even more time passed since I was playing KSP :D

I see that @maja is doing quite a good job not only supporting, but also improving the mod. So I added him to collaborators list on GitHub, and as co-autor on SpaceDock, so now he's able to update the mod at will.

I'll be back as soon I have more spare time, but for now @maja is at charge :wink:

3 minutes ago, RealGecko said:

Hey, people!

A lot of time passed since I was on the forum last time and I think even more time passed since I was playing KSP :D

I see that @maja is doing quite a good job not only supporting, but also improving the mod. So I added him to collaborators list on GitHub, and as co-autor on SpaceDock, so now he's able to update the mod at will.

I'll be back as soon I have more spare time, but for now @maja is at charge :wink:

:cool: My unofficial updates will be official, yay. Thanks a lot and I try to keep it alive and kicking until you return again :)

Hi all, official version is up. Nothing really new from the latest unofficial build, if you have it. Get it while it's warm :D

Get it on GitHub

or SpaceDock

Changes

• KSP 1.3 compatibility
  • WBI reactors and MKS power pack compatibility
  • Support for tricycles
  • Hide BV window in map view
  • Average speed change - reduction based on power
  • Shutdown/Activate BV Controller

Fixes

• Fixed target longitude display
  • App launcher button fix
  • Adjusted vessel altitude from terrain
  • Night time ride fix

more like teleport

it only works wen the rover is not active vessel and not in phshics range

25 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

So does this work like Mechjebs rover autopilot and drives your rover around or does it teleport it to your destination?

Edited by danielboro

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

So does this work like Mechjebs rover autopilot and drives your rover around or does it teleport it to your destination?

So what about reading a little bit? :wink: But ok, it can be on this page once more.

It works when you are switched away from a rover. BV is a little bit shy and does not move a rover when you look at it. Just select a target, wait when path is build, click a button, switch away and wait for a message. The rover's speed is based on various factors (manned/unmanned, available power, number of wheels etc.)

5 hours ago, maja said:

Hi all, official version is up. Nothing really new from the latest unofficial build, if you have it. Get it while it's warm :D

Get it on GitHub

or SpaceDock

Changes

• KSP 1.3 compatibility
  • WBI reactors and MKS power pack compatibility
  • Support for tricycles
  • Hide BV window in map view
  • Average speed change - reduction based on power
  • Shutdown/Activate BV Controller

Fixes

• Fixed target longitude display
  • App launcher button fix
  • Adjusted vessel altitude from terrain
  • Night time ride fix

You need to get the o p updated with the current version.

2 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

It maps out a route that looks passable and simulates driving it--in practice it does it as a series of teleports.  The path mapper is also imperfect--it looks only at the big picture and will not drive where the overall slope is too steep but it can be fooled by locally steep terrain that is actually impassible but looks good from afar.

3 hours ago, Centuri72 said:

Is anyone else having this issue?  After I set a course and hit poehali, I switch away from vessel.  Nothing I do will allow me to switch back to the vessel or to any other vessel. I do have tac-ls installed. Is that causing the issue?  

That does sound like the issue with TAC-LS.  Was going to try the new build in the morning.  Guess I don't need to do that now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.