Jump to content

[KSP 1.8.1+] Galileo's Planet Pack [v1.6.4] [01 July 2020]


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

non-explosive Flexible Laminated Announcement of Gael (FLAG)...incoherently rambling about "Krakens" and something called "Alt-F12" ...The CEO (Chief Explosions Officer)

You have my fullest sympathy with your problem but ...
I still have to laugh about your report. CEO ... That's good

@JadeOfMaar

Ok ... I'll give up now. If I see your rover ... I have no chance. You just have to look at my rover as a comparison and there are no questions left open.

Greetings

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

@Galileo I am using about 5.2 GB on the loading screen - about 1 GB less than before. Thanks for the .CFG!

I noticed that sometimes the game needs to be restarted for whatever reason.

Edited by Galileo
Link to post
Share on other sites

@astroheiko No, don't give up. :) You build fabulously. If you needed a large rover like mine I'm sure you'd have something as awesome looking as your mothership + lander, or the modular Tellumo spaceplane. I can't hope to do these things with only stock parts but you've done it.

Edited by JadeOfMaar
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished the GPP compatibility patch for The Gold Standard.

It is now completely compatible with GPP, you are more than welcomed to add it to the compatible mod list if you'd like.

- Dewar

 

 

Edit: Hur dur...

Edited by Dewar
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dewar said:

I just finished the GPP compatibility patch for The Gold Standard.

It is now completely compatible with GPP, you are more than welcomed to add it to the compatible mod list if you'd like.

- Dewar

 

 

Edit: Hur dur...

Greatly appreciated 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I've had some time to play with GPP, with USI as the main support mod, and it's been a blast so far. You've done such a great job with this pack, there's personality and a sense of flair to the planetary bodies that rivals and frankly surpasses the stock system. In fact, it's safe to say that for the forseable future this IS My new stock system.

I'll try to post some screens later, but for now I'd like to mention the few issues I've encountered so far, just in case my information brings something new to the table:

# I get arrays of flickering orbit lines while zoomed out in map view. The further out from it's pivot point the camera is, and the closer it is to the system "equator", the more flickering I'll get. To be honest, I've experienced this in stock as well but to a much lesser degree. I suspect that it's simply a stock issue that has gotten worse due to increased system scale. In no way is it game breaking.

# The Grannus contract bug is a bit annoying since I tend to use World's First contracts to roleplay my progression in career saves. Initially I was completely unable to get another contract (after Gael/Ceti/Iota WF were all done) no matter how many times I gave Grannus the cold shoulder. I even tried to savescum to respawn the contract, and while it did cycle the Grannus contract (between flyby, flyby/return and flyby/science/return) I was unable to generate a contract for another body after more than 250 reloads (no, I didn't have anything better to do at the time). However, and this might be good to know, once I launched a bunch of flyby probes to the outer planets I started getting non-Grannus WF contracts as soon as the first probe entered the SOI of a body outside the Gael system. I should add that even though the first flyby probe entered the SOI of an outer planet, the first new WF contract that spawned was for Icaros, so it would appear that a flyby of any SOI outside the Gael system is enough to unlock WF for bodies other than Grannus.

So to recap: if you are completely locked in by the Grannus contract bug, just do a flyby of ANY body outside Gael/Ceti/Iota and you should be getting new offers. Hope that helps someone else and thanks again for the great planet pack!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JohnnyPanzer said:

So I've had some time to play with GPP, with USI as the main support mod, and it's been a blast so far. You've done such a great job with this pack, there's personality and a sense of flair to the planetary bodies that rivals and frankly surpasses the stock system. In fact, it's safe to say that for the forseable future this IS My new stock system.

I'll try to post some screens later, but for now I'd like to mention the few issues I've encountered so far, just in case my information brings something new to the table:

# I get arrays of flickering orbit lines while zoomed out in map view. The further out from it's pivot point the camera is, and the closer it is to the system "equator", the more flickering I'll get. To be honest, I've experienced this in stock as well but to a much lesser degree. I suspect that it's simply a stock issue that has gotten worse due to increased system scale. In no way is it game breaking.

# The Grannus contract bug is a bit annoying since I tend to use World's First contracts to roleplay my progression in career saves. Initially I was completely unable to get another contract (after Gael/Ceti/Iota WF were all done) no matter how many times I gave Grannus the cold shoulder. I even tried to savescum to respawn the contract, and while it did cycle the Grannus contract (between flyby, flyby/return and flyby/science/return) I was unable to generate a contract for another body after more than 250 reloads (no, I didn't have anything better to do at the time). However, and this might be good to know, once I launched a bunch of flyby probes to the outer planets I started getting non-Grannus WF contracts as soon as the first probe entered the SOI of a body outside the Gael system. I should add that even though the first flyby probe entered the SOI of an outer planet, the first new WF contract that spawned was for Icaros, so it would appear that a flyby of any SOI outside the Gael system is enough to unlock WF for bodies other than Grannus.

So to recap: if you are completely locked in by the Grannus contract bug, just do a flyby of ANY body outside Gael/Ceti/Iota and you should be getting new offers. Hope that helps someone else and thanks again for the great planet pack!

The flickering is a known bug since it first came out, it doesn't effect any craft or planets orbits.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Team GPP & community, i have tried searching various word terms but not found anything as of yet but i was wondering if there were any external transfer window planner for the bodies in GPP. I believe there is a mod but this does not calculate correctly according to a post i read in this thread about the transfer window planner. i used to use a web page but now im not using the stock solar system, i was seeing if anyone has made one for GPP or how i might go about in finding accurate transfer windows for GPP?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JohnnyPanzer said:

So to recap: if you are completely locked in by the Grannus contract bug, just do a flyby of ANY body outside Gael/Ceti/Iota and you should be getting new offers. Hope that helps someone else and thanks again for the great planet pack!

Something else players can do if Grannus is really annoying them, just delete it.  Particularly if you have no plans to ever visit it.  If you decide later that you want it, you can always add it back.  Grannus can be found in the folder,

GameDate/GPP/GPP_Planets/Grannus

GameData/GPP/Grannus
 

Edited by OhioBob
fixed path to match version 1.2.2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

Grannus can be found in the folder,

GameDate/GPP/GPP_Planets/Grannus

The current release does not use this structure yet. :wink: 

In the current release, Grannus can be found in GameData/GPP/Grannus

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
  • Play Your Way - Play Career mode without contracts. Get :funds: and :rep: as payment for :science: returns. Also made by Galileo, built upon "Science Funding."
  • The Gold Standard! - Space gold and Unobtanium are hard to find (or return with) but are bountiful where found and will bring that much needed cash boost for your career.

Added these to the guide post, under Suggested Mods. I imagine they would make an intriguing combination when used together.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@JadeOfMaar

Do not panic - you will not get rid of me so quickly. For this I have made a picture today that will nobody imitate me so fast. I had already some flooding on Gael but that is something completely new. A funny bug.

So:

TAKE THAT :cool:

EegT9L1.jpg

Greetings
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, astroheiko said:

@JadeOfMaar

Do not panic - you will not get rid of me so quickly. For this I have made a picture today that will nobody imitate me so fast. I had already some flooding on Gael but that is something completely new. A funny bug.

So:

TAKE THAT :cool:

EegT9L1.jpg

Greetings
 

How? Kerbal konstructs?

wait... a bug?

Edited by Galileo
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, astroheiko said:

@JadeOfMaar

Do not panic - you will not get rid of me so quickly. For this I have made a picture today that will nobody imitate me so fast. I had already some flooding on Gael but that is something completely new. A funny bug.

So:

TAKE THAT :cool:

EegT9L1.jpg

Greetings
 

O.o

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN THEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GAEL HITS YOUR EYE LIKE A BIG PIZZA PIE, THAT'S AMORE! (Amore!)

Someone please get that...

Link to post
Share on other sites

The larger SpaceY engines do claim to push the planet away from them - Jeb probably just forgot to disengage the launch clamps and ended up taking the island up with his rocket. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This was really a nice surprise, maybe it comes again. Then I launch an airplane and fly through the sunset. That would be beautiful pictures.

Ok - back to the daily business:

I had to equip my Leto mother ship and refuel. I wanted to start from a high orbit but the flight time and the dV requirements were too high for me. It was supposed to last 66 years. I then went down to 350km, filled the mother ship up to the top and set a node by hand. Now I can use Oberth and invest more dV. I was able to reduce the flight time by 53 years. Here is the link to the post:

Leto Departure and one pic:

gZXoiRO.jpg

Greetings

 

 

Edited by astroheiko
Link to post
Share on other sites

The hardest part about building planes in 10.6257x is finding a way to prevent them from randomly exploding, flipping, or rolling over when loading onto the runway. I've resorted to repulsorlifts (Hacking gravity to 0.01) just to get going, otherwise runway repairs would be 98% of KSC's budget. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

The hardest part about building planes in 10.6257x is finding a way to prevent them from randomly exploding, flipping, or rolling over when loading onto the runway. I've resorted to repulsorlifts (Hacking gravity to 0.01) just to get going, otherwise runway repairs would be 98% of KSC's budget. 

Do you have Kerbal Joint Reinforcement installed? I believe it eases in the physics when loading a craft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

KJR has the effect of ensuring that my planes stay in one piece while doing their mandatory 360 backfilp - they then proceed to bail the landing and lose wings, fins or other relatively important flight components. 

In other news, Maxtech Aerospace has modified a "Hyperblast" SCRamjet engine recently purchased from Insanity Aerospace. By introducing a new hypersonic combustion chamber design, maximum thrust can now be maintained up to Mach 25.2. The prototype design reached level flight at 45 km, throttled up to fill, and reached 8600 m/s before disintegrating in a fireball. Further design work is obviously needed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...