Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

A few days ago, (actually nights ago), I couldn't sleep, so I thought I would take advantage of my satellite internet provider's 'free time' where I can download all I want without it going against me data limit, I decided to update KSP from 1.2.2 to 1.3.1. After about 1 1/2 hours I was less than 100 mb of the 210 mb download. The download speed was pathetic. I paused out of the download. So today I decided to blow through some data and continue the update. Same lousy speed. Not sure if it my internet or Steam but got board and quite after a half hour. At this rate I should be good to go just before 1.4 release.

1 hour ago, TheSaint said:

I hate Halloween. There, I said it.

Now that is my sort of person.

Here in Australia we have Halloween but it just feels out of place. I feel lucky to live fifty kilometres out of a tiny isolated town in a house which looks like a ruin-the trick or eaters can't find me out here.

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

I don't. I can wear my Starfleet captain's uniform, tricorder, and phaser to the campus and not get strange looks... :D

There's a song for that...

Reveal hidden contents

Yup, might describe @TheSaint...

Ahhh little shop of horrors, why art thou?

I did lighting on my schools little shop of horrors play thingie, I tell you, it was very interesting in the lighting booth

Its kind of sad how nobody i know appreciates spaceflight. Sure, people can't always appreciate everything anytime, but not even a single mention, like ever is a little pathetic.

1 hour ago, NSEP said:

I just got dragged into a discussion from another thread and i feel stupid for telling my opinion about the topic. Shoot!

Giving your opinion is always a risk, nobody is obligated to agree with you, or even support you in any way, but hey thats life :wink:

ok I have a complaint this time.

My google pixel 2 was supposed to arrive to my office between 2pm and 3pm.

Of course it didnt arrive. Of course it didnt. Why would it?

When has any delivery company ever delivered a package on time? I cant remember ever seeing it happen.

If any of you are thinking "Thats harsh, Ive had plenty of parcels arrive on time." - then Im pretty confident it was accidental, statistically that must happen sometimes.

The delivery time has been updated from 2pm-3pm to 2pm-10pm.

Good thing I had it sent to my office to make sure I'd be there to sign for it!

If its not here before 5, when I leave, Im going to cancel the whole thing and stick with my old handset.

I wasnt so much bothered about getting a new handset on the day of release, what I really wanted was a hassle free upgrade.

I dont want to spend the next few days wondering when it will turn up, changing my schedule and spending hours waiting for it in a timeslot that they can change at a moments notice.

If anyone interested, the delivery company is DPD. Dont use them, they suck.

24 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

ok I have a complaint this time.

My google pixel 2 was supposed to arrive to my office between 2pm and 3pm.

Of course it didnt arrive. Of course it didnt. Why would it?

When has any delivery company ever delivered a package on time? I cant remember ever seeing it happen.

If any of you are thinking "Thats harsh, Ive had plenty of parcels arrive on time." - then Im pretty confident it was accidental, statistically that must happen sometimes.

The delivery time has been updated from 2pm-3pm to 2pm-10pm.

Good thing I had it sent to my office to make sure I'd be there to sign for it!

If its not here before 5, when I leave, Im going to cancel the whole thing and stick with my old handset.

I wasnt so much bothered about getting a new handset on the day of release, what I really wanted was a hassle free upgrade.

I dont want to spend the next few days wondering when it will turn up, changing my schedule and spending hours waiting for it in a timeslot that they can change at a moments notice.

If anyone interested, the delivery company is DPD. Dont use them, they suck.

They all suck, at least at one point or another.

I remember when I ordered my first computer from Dell, way back in 2000. I was on contract work at the time, I was working back-to-back days and not getting lots of time off, so I jiggered things so I would be off the day that it was being delivered so I could sign for it. My apartment faced the street, and i had set up my desk with a clear view out the window (it was quite a nice setup, actually). So I was sitting there all day plugging away at stuff on my laptop and waiting. And waiting. And waiting. The UPS web page said, "Out for delivery." So I kept waiting. Finally at about 5:00 I saw the UPS truck roll up the street. And just keep driving. He didn't even slow down. I go check the page, it still says, "Out for Delivery." So I think, "Well, maybe he's going to come back." I keep checking the page every couple of minutes. And at about 5:25, the page updates, "Failed Delivery: Customer was not available when delivery attempted." WTH! I called up UPS CS and read them the riot act. "Oh, we're so sorry. Your packages have already returned to the distribution center. Another delivery attempt will be made tomorrow." "I'm not going to be here tomorrow. Or the next day." I ended up having to drive 25 minutes out to their distribution center to pick it up myself. The counter lady was all grumpy because she had to stay open 10 minutes late for me, and I'm all, "Well, sorry, but if your driver wasn't a lazy DB then this wouldn't have happened in the first place."

2 hours ago, TheSaint said:

They all suck, at least at one point or another.

I remember when I ordered my first computer from Dell, way back in 2000. I was on contract work at the time, I was working back-to-back days and not getting lots of time off, so I jiggered things so I would be off the day that it was being delivered so I could sign for it. My apartment faced the street, and i had set up my desk with a clear view out the window (it was quite a nice setup, actually). So I was sitting there all day plugging away at stuff on my laptop and waiting. And waiting. And waiting. The UPS web page said, "Out for delivery." So I kept waiting. Finally at about 5:00 I saw the UPS truck roll up the street. And just keep driving. He didn't even slow down. I go check the page, it still says, "Out for Delivery." So I think, "Well, maybe he's going to come back." I keep checking the page every couple of minutes. And at about 5:25, the page updates, "Failed Delivery: Customer was not available when delivery attempted." WTH! I called up UPS CS and read them the riot act. "Oh, we're so sorry. Your packages have already returned to the distribution center. Another delivery attempt will be made tomorrow." "I'm not going to be here tomorrow. Or the next day." I ended up having to drive 25 minutes out to their distribution center to pick it up myself. The counter lady was all grumpy because she had to stay open 10 minutes late for me, and I'm all, "Well, sorry, but if your driver wasn't a lazy DB then this wouldn't have happened in the first place."

lol!

Another experience with DPD - so I wasnt in when a parcel arrived and they put a slip through the door, you know the one that says its waiting at the depot for collection for me to pick up?

Pretty normal right?

So I find the address and it is in the middle of this pretty industrial area. You cant walk in, you just have to sidle up the access road to the security barrier, the access road that their trucks use. Then a security guard see us looking curious and lost. "Oh you need to pick up a package, you'll need this high-vis vest...then he took us on a meandering walk through this literal factory, with caghed walkways etc to the "office" which is quite clearly the working office for the depot - think overburdened office drones rushing through mountains of paperwork amongst a collection of half empty coffee mugs.

"Oh you need to collect a package -HEY ANGELA CAN YOU TAKE THESE FOLKS TO FIND THEIR PACKAGE?!"

Long story short, it does not seem that DPD have a facility for civilians to collect their stuff, and they just wing it. Im surprised I didnt have to wear a hardhat and go through a safety briefing.

On a positive note, my new phone did arrive, at 16:45 with the my landline in my hand about to raise heck with DPD.

SUCH a close shave for them, I would have been devastatingly....polite and british about it (hey at least I picked up the phone!)

Edited by p1t1o

On 10/18/2017 at 2:03 PM, TheSaint said:

... Thanksgiving, which is my absolute favorite holiday ...

Yes.

On 10/18/2017 at 6:40 PM, Vanamonde said:

I hate new things. New things suck. 

Likewise. Mostly because everything new is old, and everything old is new... and no remake ever outdoes the original. Change is good, but change doesn't always mean or turn out good.

12 hours ago, p1t1o said:

Giving your opinion is always a risk, nobody is obligated to agree with you, or even support you in any way, but hey thats life :wink:

That's why it's been said that opinions are like (orifices in derrieres)... everybody has one.

11 hours ago, TheKosanianMethod said:

When people follow you around... and they're the reason you moved.

You dating my ex-girlfriend ???

7 hours ago, TheSaint said:

I remember when I ordered my first computer from Dell, way back in 2000. . .Finally at about 5:00 I saw the UPS truck roll up the street. And just keep driving. He didn't even slow down. . .

I had the same thing happen to me at around the same time with UPS. Northern Florida, two days in a row. The delivery guy was sticking "Sorry we missed you!" stickers on everyone's door without even bothering to ring the doorbell. I ended up having to pick up the package myself.

I have always had the suspicion that UPS was giving their drivers impossible delivery quotas, and stunts like that were the only way they could keep from getting fired.  

When I ordered my GPU a few months ago, I was told that I needed to provide a signature. I waited, listening intently for a knock.

There was no knock.

In the mid-afternoon, I checked for a "missed you" paper. Instead, I found my package, unsigned-for, sitting happily unattended on my porch.

The other day a ( 1200 page!) history textbook fell from the top of my locker and into my eye as I was kneeling on the floor. I walked into class and asked someone if it looked okay. They said a had a huge black bruise on my eye. I tell my teacher, she grunts, and makes me wait ten minutes before letting me go to the nurse's office. I spent 5 minutes walking across the school to her office. Conveniently, there is a long line of people waiting to give in their fall sports forms. After another 20 minutes, the nurse grunts and tells me to sit down. She talks the other teacher for ten minutes, and gives me a dry tissue and tells me to go back for class. Just to be clear, I am extremely nearsighted in one eye, and the tissue covered my good eye, so I took forever to stumble back to my class, looking like an idiot. When I get back to class, I have to do a test. Which the class was studying for while I was gone.That test dropped my A to a B-. Right before report cards.

To this day, the bottom half of my only good eye is still blurry. So I have to read at a strange angle. But for me, that is a just an average day at school.    

On 10/20/2017 at 2:54 PM, Kokoro said:

People who think Wales is in England.

England Wales is my city! :P

Edited by Vanamonde

On 10/20/2017 at 11:54 PM, Kokoro said:

People who think Wales is in England.

People who think Flevoland is in Holland. Holland and England are Simulair: everyone thinks its all of the country.

Gotta love kids nicking wheelchairs at IKEA

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎22 at 2:34 PM, NSEP said:

People who think Flevoland is in Holland. Holland and England are Simulair: everyone thinks its all of the country.

It should also be noted that people from "Friesland" are not obsessed with chips.