Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

7 minutes ago, razark said:

Just heard from the supervisor.

Looking at job listings now.

I'm looking at jobs up in Boise right now, and my friend up there is all, "My father-in-law has some leads on some great Federal jobs, send him your resume!" And I'm all, "Why would I do that to myself?"

==================================================================

Here's my complaint for the day. I'm buying my daughter her first rifle for her birthday. (.22 bolt action) I order it from a distributor because it's a very specific rifle that I want for her, it isn't stocked by any of the gun shops in town. The distributor is actually here in town, they are over by the airport, about ten minutes drive from my work. But, laws are laws, so they have to ship the firearm to a licensed gun shop by common carrier (basically UPS or FedEx) and then I have to go to the shop and fill out the paperwork and pass the background check, etc. I ordered the rifle on Wednesday at lunchtime, it shipped Wednesday afternoon FedEx 2-day air, guaranteed delivery by Friday at 4:30pm. I get the tracking info last night. FedEx picked up the package and brought it to their facility here in town (which is two blocks away from the shop they are delivering to) and then proceeded to drive the package down to Phoenix, an hour-and-a-half away. :huh: It's sitting there right now, has been all day. I would like to think that someone just made an error. But the cynical side of me thinks that this is FedEx saying, "You paid for 2-day shipping, by God you're getting 2-day shipping!" I wouldn't be surprised at all if they fly it from Phoenix to Prescott. Because, you know, "You paid for 2-day air? Then come Hell or high water we're putting this package on an airplane!" :rolleyes:

40 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

[snip]

I live in SW Missouri.

I frequently order stuff that comes from California.

On more than on occasion, it got to me by way of New Jersey.  One of those times it even stopped in Kansas City before it went to NJ.  I think their route algorithms need some tweaking.

2 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I live in SW Missouri.

I frequently order stuff that comes from California.

On more than on occasion, it got to me by way of New Jersey.  One of those times it even stopped in Kansas City before it went to NJ.  I think their route algorithms need some tweaking.

They probably have scheduled flights/shipments and base it off of that. If they had a shipment that went to NJ and another from NJ to your place (or another node) but no shipments from California that go to the closest place to your address, it could be faster to route through NJ.

On 1/17/2019 at 12:13 PM, TheSaint said:

I'm looking at jobs up in Boise right now, and my friend up there is all, "My father-in-law has some leads on some great Federal jobs, send him your resume!" And I'm all, "Why would I do that to myself?"

==================================================================

Here's my complaint for the day. I'm buying my daughter her first rifle for her birthday. (.22 bolt action) I order it from a distributor because it's a very specific rifle that I want for her, it isn't stocked by any of the gun shops in town. The distributor is actually here in town, they are over by the airport, about ten minutes drive from my work. But, laws are laws, so they have to ship the firearm to a licensed gun shop by common carrier (basically UPS or FedEx) and then I have to go to the shop and fill out the paperwork and pass the background check, etc. I ordered the rifle on Wednesday at lunchtime, it shipped Wednesday afternoon FedEx 2-day air, guaranteed delivery by Friday at 4:30pm. I get the tracking info last night. FedEx picked up the package and brought it to their facility here in town (which is two blocks away from the shop they are delivering to) and then proceeded to drive the package down to Phoenix, an hour-and-a-half away. :huh: It's sitting there right now, has been all day. I would like to think that someone just made an error. But the cynical side of me thinks that this is FedEx saying, "You paid for 2-day shipping, by God you're getting 2-day shipping!" I wouldn't be surprised at all if they fly it from Phoenix to Prescott. Because, you know, "You paid for 2-day air? Then come Hell or high water we're putting this package on an airplane!" :rolleyes:

I think they want you to get what you pay for, no more, no less. If you got any more someone would be sacked for not following procedure, lol.

4 hours ago, Delay said:

I helped my mother make lasagna. But while trying to put it into the oven I hit the top (which was quite hot) and instinctively pulled my hand away.
I think you can imagine the rest.

Damn it.

I have a learned fear of baking pans.

1 hour ago, Kernel Kraken said:

I think they want you to get what you pay for, no more, no less. If you got any more someone would be sacked for not following procedure, lol.

Exactly. I did pick the rifle up yesterday, she is over the moon about it. Just gave it the initial clean and lube with her, going out to the range tomorrow to try it out.

But come on, FedEx. You put the package on a truck and drove it down the street directly in front of its destination to get to Phoenix for Pete's sake! How much more petty can you get? LOL

Be it FedEx, UPS, even the Post Office ... the stuff all goes to a central hub and then out to you.  You should see the automated conveyor systems in these places... I have, and that was back in the early 90's... can't imagine what it's like now.

On 1/18/2019 at 1:13 AM, TheSaint said:

laws are laws, so they have to ship the firearm to a licensed gun shop by common carrier (basically UPS or FedEx) and then I have to go to the shop and fill out the paperwork and pass the background check, etc.

Well, good to know you're a good person and follows the law.

Edited by YNM

17 minutes ago, cubinator said:

My wisdom teeth have given me about three migraines in the past few weeks as they push on stuff in my head. It's coming close to the time to get rid of them...

Ooh, when I had mine pulled out they pulled two others out as well (because reasons) so they knocked me out for the operation. I don't remember falling asleep, I had something dramatic to say but I never said it. The stuff acted too quickly. When I became conscious I expected to say some really stupid things, but I remembered that immediately and unfortunately didn't say anything stupid.

Except for when I got up to walk. I said "That's one small step for man!" and "I'm Jebediah Kerman!"

I don't think I could see without it being blurry for a while, I don't think I could read, or do my Rubik's cube I had brought. I couldn't feel my tongue for several hours, I kept wondering what was getting in the way of my mouth closing and then I realized that it was my tongue!

I finally stopped bleeding, but I still couldn't eat solid food. I think the first solid food was 2-3 days after the fact, with a small piece of bread that made my mouth bleed again.

Good luck! Let me know if you say anything weird!

1 hour ago, cubinator said:

My wisdom teeth have given me about three migraines in the past few weeks as they push on stuff in my head. It's coming close to the time to get rid of them...

Tis a wise thing to do (getting rid of them), as the more they push the more problems elsewhere they cause... especially if they're causing other teeth to move.

Edited by LordFerret
type'o

13 hours ago, The Dunatian said:

CURSE YOU CHEATING PATRIOTS.

CURSE YOU TOM BRADY.

CURSE YOU CHEATING --------.

I CANNOT EXPRESS MY HATRED IN WORDS.

Two words my friend: College Football

4 hours ago, Barzon Kerman said:

I might've had ringworm, but its just a rash.

I'd look to that cat.

20 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I had mine pulled

Nope nope nope. Despite recommendations, mine seem straight enough. The growing pains have stopped and they've erupted to their full length, I think. They bite one of my cheeks occasionally, but this isn't even painful.

I mean, how is a difficult-to-clean tooth more of an infection hazard than a difficult-to-clean hole where the tooth used to be?

1 hour ago, DDE said:

I mean, how is a difficult-to-clean tooth more of an infection hazard than a difficult-to-clean hole where the tooth used to be?

Well, the hole fills in after a while. But if yours aren't causing any trouble and you're aware of how to keep it clean back there, you shouldn't have any issue.

On 1/21/2019 at 7:23 AM, cubinator said:

My wisdom teeth have given me about three migraines in the past few weeks

2 hours ago, DDE said:

Despite recommendations, mine seem straight enough.

It all depends on whether you have it impacted or not. Mine for instance is entirely intact (or maybe only very slightly impacted) that there's no need for any actions. There's even still plenty of room to the rear of the 3rd molar, that I thought wisdom teeth is the 4th molar.

2 hours ago, DDE said:

how is a difficult-to-clean tooth more of an infection hazard than a difficult-to-clean hole where the tooth used to be?

One is the perfect place for bacteria to grow, the other would heal faster.

Since getting my new phone, I decided to get Pokemon Go to supplement the collection on my Pokemon game on the Switch... Darn, that's an addictive thing... My complaint... I discovered this game that encourages me to get out and enjoy the outdoors... In the middle of sub zero WINTER TEMPERATURES!!!

On top of everything else... I JUST found Mew Two in the Switch game, and as all Poke-nerds do... I'm soft reseting till I encounter a Shiny Mew Two... So basically, I have a 1 in 4096 chance of getting it... Right at the point where if I left that point I could start transferring stuff into my Switch game... But I can't, cause I'm right there... Now I understand why I never touched Pokemon for the past 20 years... Good Lord... You have to be a masochist to enjoy this game...

And considering it's about capturing and "enslaving" various animals to make them fight each other... Pokemon fans might have a sadist streak in them too! Yikes! :0.0:

Edited by richfiles

13 hours ago, DDE said:

Nope nope nope. Despite recommendations, mine seem straight enough. The growing pains have stopped and they've erupted to their full length, I think. They bite one of my cheeks occasionally, but this isn't even painful.

12 hours ago, cubinator said:

Well, the hole fills in after a while. But if yours aren't causing any trouble and you're aware of how to keep it clean back there, you shouldn't have any issue.

I am having mine out one after the other, mainly because they are growing at funny angles, but the problem with one was that decay had set in deep into that tooth and the next (due to difficulty cleaning) and there was no loss of function, pain or sensation of any kind until it had already caused irreparable and catastrophic damage the tooth next door as well, which also had to come out.

Thats why you get them out before anything bad happens. The hole is far easier to clean and almost completely seals up.

Edited by p1t1o

9 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Probably because they weren't taken with the same satellite.

Yeah, but the problem is the exact same imagery is available on closer zoom just on the bits that borders it.

And by what I mean by "better" includes higher-resolution and/or more perpendicular PoV.