Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

58 minutes ago, Bill Phil said:

Well, we are all equal after death...

Or are we???  :0.0:

(the writer in me asks... )

Oh, and to keep this on topic... it's not supposed to be this cold and crappy in Florida!!!  :mad:

Edited by Just Jim

11 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Oh, and to keep this on topic... it's not supposed to be this cold and crappy in Florida!!!  :mad:

Relevant meme thing?

0ytBLri.png

3 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Looks outside at the few feet of snow outside his door..... glares at Jim...  

I know... but it's only 48 and crappy drizzling rain... and I'm on the gulf coast, which makes it feel even colder.

I would love to see it actually snow here, just once. I was born and grew up in upstate NY, I remember shoveling when it was 3 foot high.

But down here, even if it was just a brief snow flurry, the native Floridians would flip!!!  :0.0:

2 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

What part?    Upstate gets some serious snow at times.

Endicott mostly, Binghamton area.

Yeah, brutal snow... I actually miss it some days ... but not today. :rolleyes:

Edited by Just Jim

1 minute ago, Just Jim said:

Endicott mostly, Binghamton area.

Yeah, brutal snow... I actually miss it some days 

Hey, yeah, parents are from the Finger lakes region, and I went to school on the North end of I81, east of watertown.    That was cold...

6 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Hey, yeah, parents are from the Finger lakes region, and I went to school on the North end of I81, east of watertown.    That was cold...

I know right where you mean!

Beautiful area, but yeah, winters can be brutal.

To keep it on topic and complain... i would love to go back someday, but everyone I knew got out when they could. There's really nothing left to go back to.

This is why I came to Florida from Binghamton in a nutshell

https://money.cnn.com/gallery/real_estate/2013/04/05/shrinking-cities/5.html

Edited by Just Jim

Let's see, @Just Jim is complaining about Florida and "cold" weather. This week, there are three days in a row where our forested highs are in the teens and our forecasted lows are in the 2 to 5 ° (F) range...

I love cold weather but this is freaking cold!

Just now, adsii1970 said:

Let's see, @Just Jim is complaining about Florida and "cold" weather. This week, there are three days in a row where our forested highs are in the teens and our forecasted lows are in the 2 to 5 ° (F) range...

I love cold weather but this is freaking cold!

I get it!!! lol...

Truth is, I really didn't have much of anything else to complain about... ;)

Just now, Just Jim said:

I get it!!! lol...

Truth is, I really didn't have much of anything else to complain about... ;)

I can let you borrow a few of mine:

+ I had a student report me to the dean of student affairs for not supporting her. She has called me at least four times between 1:30 a.m. and 2:30 a.m. and I refuse to answer the phone. Even my syllabus says I do not accept phone calls after 9:00 p.m. or before 7:00 a.m.

+ I have a young man in a class who happens to live in the same apartment complex. He doesn't understand why I won't let him "hang out" at my place. Yes, I've been reported to the dean of student affairs by him. 

There, @Just Jim , take your pick!

Within the last hour and a half, I have downed 4 respectable size tumblers-full of water.

And I got a headache 10 minutes ago.

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WTH ME?!

Edited by Fraston

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Or are we???  :0.0:

(the writer in me asks... )

I went to boot camp, A school, and nuclear power school at the old Naval Training Center Orlando, so I was there for just over a year. When I flew home after A School (in July) and came back with my car and civilian clothes I made sure I brought a good winter coat. My roommates, who were from Tennessee and Missouri, and brought back nothing but shorts and T-shirts, laughed at me. "What are you bringing a winter coat to Florida for!" But I remembered all of those news stories I had seen over the years about farmers in Florida having it rough because surprise frosts had killed their citrus crops. On about the middle of January, my roommates weren't laughing anymore.

29 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

I went to boot camp, A school, and nuclear power school at the old Naval Training Center Orlando, so I was there for just over a year. When I flew home after A School (in July) and came back with my car and civilian clothes I made sure I brought a good winter coat. My roommates, who were from Tennessee and Missouri, and brought back nothing but shorts and T-shirts, laughed at me. "What are you bringing a winter coat to Florida for!" But I remembered all of those news stories I had seen over the years about farmers in Florida having it rough because surprise frosts had killed their citrus crops. On about the middle of January, my roommates weren't laughing anymore.

I'm one of those guys who wears shorts and T-shirts in freezing weather. Most of my time is spent inside (especially during Winter...) so it's not a big deal.

Of course, if I'm going to be outside for extended periods of time, I'm getting some thicker clothes.

Well, now I have to complain that all I can complain about is that I don't dare complain about the weather lest the weather gods smite me here in LotusLand. The weather has bern far too nice for January.

15 hours ago, Bill Phil said:

Well we are all equal after death...

14 hours ago, LordFerret said:

And that's the only time we are or ever will be.

Tell that to the dead slave left for the hyenas outside Pharaoh's tomb...

Edited by StrandedonEarth

On Wednesday, the forecast says it will be -29°F (-33.9°C) with 16 MPH (25.7 Km/H) winds...
On Saturday, the forecast says it will be 34°F (1.1°C) with 14 MPH (22.5 Km/H) winds... With a 30% chance for showers... RAIN!!!

That's snow and rain, in the span of a week, with a 63°F (35°C) temperature swing in a span of three days!?!?

Why is Minnesota weather so crazy?!?

°F (°C)

When I see a temperature in °C I imagine the water ice behind the window as 0° and a boiling kettle as 100°..

When I see a temperature in °F I imagine a person (a bartender?) dropping ice cubes from the fridge into a shaker of water and pouring ammonium chloride from a box on the shelf.
Then he applies a protractor and watches how much hot it is in 1/180ths.

Edited by kerbiloid

On 1/28/2019 at 12:20 PM, kerbiloid said:

When I see a temperature in °F I imagine a person (a bartender?) dropping ice cubes from the fridge into a shaker of water and pouring ammonium chloride from a box on the shelf.

- 40 °F = - 40 °C.

If you've reached this level it is literaly frickin' cold.

Edited by YNM

1 hour ago, richfiles said:

Why is Minnesota weather so crazy?!?

You're grouped with interior Canada on this one. The surface winds carries all the cold stuff south and you have little to no large bodies of water (read : sea) to carry the heat/cold away (and hold some of it). So when the wind grows it gets cold, when the wind dies it gets warm.

Edited by YNM

On 1/26/2019 at 7:50 AM, razark said:

dead-end job I've been stuck in for over a decade...

11 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Those are quite the Easter eggs you left behind....

To avoid further disasters, the SCP Foundation has contained the Euclid-class object.