[1.2.2] Kolyphemus System - the kerbalized Polyhemus

Artyomka15

On 5/10/2017 at 1:31 PM, nismobg said:

there is something messed up with the configs and I can not figure out what. But this doesn't play well with other planet packs.

Some planet packs move or replace the Sun. If your problem is with visuals then that is because every planet pack that has its own scatterer package will fight with the next because they all enable their visuals by overwriting files in GameData\scatterer\

On 5/10/2017 at 2:08 PM, triggerboi said:

I love it but the only thing that bugs me is that moei's gravity is bigger than the planet he orbits so that doesn't make any sense, but it doesn't effect gameplay so it doesn't rllt matter. great mod!

Blame the folks who designed the Avatar universe. This mod merely replicates them. The modder made no mention of adjusting things into practical stats and positions. :wink: In which case, Kolyphemus should be a moon of Moei, or in binary.

5 hours ago, KerbolExplorer said:

Before I install this mod

Where is this planet.(you can sow me a photo of map view)

The OP says in big bold text that Kolyphemus appears between Eve and Kerbin.

4 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Some planet packs move or replace the Sun. If your problem is with visuals then that is because every planet pack that has its own scatterer package will fight with the next because they all enable their visuals by overwriting files in GameData\scatterer\

Blame the folks who designed the Avatar universe. This mod merely replicates them. The modder made no mention of adjusting things into practical stats and positions. :wink: In which case, Kolyphemus should be a moon of Moei, or in binary.

The OP says in big bold text that Kolyphemus appears between Eve and Kerbin.

Wow i can sent a colony right now.But is this planet pack compatible with Opm

1 hour ago, KerbolExplorer said:

Im having a BIG BUG.Somehow ALL MY VESSELS ORBITING KERBIN ARE NOW ORBITING PANDOR:0.0:

Any time you add or remove a planet or planet pack in the middle of a game, expect that to happen. Always expect it.

Just now, KerbolExplorer said:

What happens if its not in the midle of the game

Only change your solar system before you start a game save. Then try to never change it again once you're in. (Adding more planets is a great temptation)

37 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Only change your solar system before you start a game save. Then try to never change it again once you're in. (Adding more planets is a great temptation)

I unistalled opm But i stiil have the bug.O yes i now have black coluds ON EVERY PLANET:/

Pandoor's clouds don't seem to be working properly. All the other planet's clouds are working fine. Are here any dependencies I could have missed, perhaps?

Spoiler

3WDOOcK.jpg

On 5/12/2017 at 10:15 AM, KerbolExplorer said:

Im having a BIG BUG.Somehow ALL MY VESSELS ORBITING KERBIN ARE NOW ORBITING PANDOR:0.0:

I also installed it on an existing save and had the same glitch but I kind of expected it. I installed it on a sandbox game, and it makes it a lot easier to explore the mod. :)

Edited by ThatGuyWithALongUsername

On 13/5/2017 at 2:42 AM, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

Pandoor's clouds don't seem to be working properly. All the other planet's clouds are working fine. Are here any dependencies I could have missed, perhaps?

Reveal hidden contents

3WDOOcK.jpg

I also installed it on an existing save and had the same glitch but I kind of expected it. I installed it on a sandbox game, and it makes it a lot easier to explore the mod. :kiss:

Yea but if you have 25 sats moved places

On 5/11/2017 at 10:11 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

A moon will not be in a binary position with it's planet if it has more gravity.

The only time Kolyphemus would be a moon of Moei is if Moei had more mass than Kolyphemus does, which it does not.

Saturn only has .91 gees, but Earth would not make Saturn orbit it if Earth orbited Saturn, even though Earth has a higher surface gravity.

Edited by electricpants

6 hours ago, electricpants said:

A moon will not be in a binary position with it's planet if it has more gravity.

The only time Kolyphemus would be a moon of Moei is if Moei had more mass than Kolyphemus does, which it does not.

Saturn only has .91 gees, but Earth would not make Saturn orbit it if Earth orbited Saturn, even though Earth has a higher surface gravity.

Hmm. Learn something new everyday. Then what makes a tiny terra have more gravity than a gas giant if it's not a matter of mass (or not mass alone)?

34 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Hmm. Learn something new everyday. Then what makes a tiny terra have more gravity than a gas giant if it's not a matter of mass (or not mass alone)?

gravity is a function of mass/distance^2. The distance from earths center to earths surface is much less than the distance from saturns center to its edge so earth has a higher surface g

4 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Because Saturn is much less dense than Earth, and what @TheRagingIrishman said.

If Saturn had Earth's density, it would have MUCH more gravity than Earth.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:08 PM, triggerboi said:

I love it but the only thing that bugs me is that moei's gravity is bigger than the planet he orbits so that doesn't make any sense, but it doesn't effect gameplay so it doesn't rllt matter. great mod!

Moei has a higher surface gravity than it's primary, but that's irrelevant.  The primary has a much larger gravitational parameter, and that's what's important.  Moei would have no problem orbiting Kolyphemus.

The gravitational parameters for Moei and Kolyphemus can be computed from their surface gravities and radii,

GMM = 0.95 * 9.80665 * 400000^2 = 1.4906E+12 m3/s2

GMK = 0.90 * 9.80665 * 4000000^2 = 1.4122E+14 m3/s2

Kolyphemus has nearly 95 times more mass than Moei.

Edited by OhioBob
Fixed post because I'm an idiot for what I wrote the first time.

1 hour ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

ummmmm what?

Oh crap.  I think I quoted the wrong person.  Somebody was claiming that Kolyphemus should orbit Moei, which is what I was trying to refute.  Somehow I misread the quote and got the names of the bodies all mixed up.  I must be suffering from dyslexia today or something.

8 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

Although, @OhioBob has created a realistic approximation of the atmosphere of Pandora in his thread modeling atmospheres in KSP.

Maybe it'll be useful for this mod. (Provided @OhioBob allows his atmosphere to be used in this pack)

If @Artyomka15 wants to use my atmosphere config, that would be OK with me.

Edited by OhioBob

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.