[1.7.x ~ 1.3.x] AirlockPlus: EVA to/from any part, using any airlock [ v.0.0.11 @ 2019-06-02 ]

cakepie

@ruiluth

I used to continue providing a download for AirlockPlus 0.0.5 (the last version made for 1.2.2), but I've taken it down because it contains a major bug that's been fixed in 0.0.8.

What mods are you playing with that haven't been updated -- that holds you back from upgrading to KSP 1.3?

On 6/13/2017 at 7:27 PM, cakepie said:

@ruiluth

I used to continue providing a download for AirlockPlus 0.0.5 (the last version made for 1.2.2), but I've taken it down because it contains a major bug that's been fixed in 0.0.8.

What mods are you playing with that haven't been updated -- that holds you back from upgrading to KSP 1.3?

That's a good question, I haven't actually checked yet... :D I usually wait a few weeks after a major update, simply because I use so many of them that something is bound to break between updates and I can only get so far on one version. So far 1.2.2 has worked very well for me and I had a good career going when 1.3 came out... So I may or may not update any time soon.

I just checked, and it looks like they've all been updated except for Nertea's suite of mods (Near Future Tech, Stockalike Station Parts Expansion, Kerbal Atomics, Cryogenic Engines), which happen to be my favorites and the only ones I can't live without. :( And I know that he's working on a major overhaul and rebalancing, so it's sure to break my save when he does. I might be convinced to abandon my current save and start over though... Not sure. It is going to be a huge pain to find out which mods I have installed and get them all back again though...

On 6/16/2017 at 0:54 AM, ruiluth said:

So far 1.2.2 has worked very well for me and I had a good career going when 1.3 came out... So I may or may not update any time soon.

I just checked, and it looks like they've all been updated except for Nertea's suite of mods <snip> he's working on a major overhaul and rebalancing, so it's sure to break my save when he does.

Well, Nertea's stuff just updated, so there you go. Even if you don't update now, AirlockPlus will still be here whenever you're ready to make the move to 1.3.

Unless there's a very good reason / high demand for it, I'm not really keen to backport AirlockPlus for 1.2.2 compatibility -- it adds logistical and support overhead, plus I'd actually have to go back into the code and remove features: localization requires KSP 1.3, and CLS support requires CLS 1.2.5.2+ (KSP 1.3). That's time and effort which I would rather spend on building new features.

On 6/17/2017 at 0:14 AM, Nightside said:

Do you (or any other users here) have a favorite mod that adds airlock parts to the game?

I made AirlockPlus primarily for Hawkspeed Airstairs -- because not having to transfer kerbals one by one in order to use the stairs makes a really huge difference there.
I believe MKS has some airlock parts for bases which would also benefit from the convenience provided by AirlockPlus.

Dedicated airlock parts are rather rare since it's somewhat of a convention for all crewable parts to have their own airlocks -- it's a sort of holdover from way back when KSP didn't even have crew transfer. So in the current state of gameplay, it's common to have many airlocks all over the place on one craft / base, even if that's not exactly reasonable or realistic. With AirlockPlus, I'm hoping to enable a shift away from this paradigm, toward separation of crew capacity and airlock functionality.

Well, I've been convinced. Started over in 1.3. Haven't had a chance to use AirlockPlus yet, but I'm liking KCT and Monthly Budgets so I'm glad I upgraded.

EDIT: Had a chance to use AirlockPlus, and... well, it didn't work. The only difference I can see is when the text pops up that says "B to board", it also has a shift+B and a ctrl+B but neither of these combinations does anything out of the ordinary. Not sure what to report... other than, it's not working...

Edited by ruiluth

10 hours ago, ruiluth said:

it didn't work. The only difference I can see is when the text pops up that says "B to board", it also has a shift+B and a ctrl+B but neither of these combinations does anything out of the ordinary. Not sure what to report... other than, it's not working...

1. Ensure you're making the correct keyboard inputs:
For shift+B, you need to hold down left shift while pressing B. Do not release shift until after releasing B.
Likewise for ctrl+B: hold down left shift until after releasing B.

2. You reported that boarding doesn't work; it would be useful to know if alighting is working or not.
Try clicking on a crew hatch (same as when you normally do a crew transfer) but while holding down the left alt button (if you're using windows)

3a. Does it work if it is the only mod installed, or do you still encounter this issue
3b. I would need to know what other mods you are using in order to investigate if this is a case of interaction with another mod.

4. logs, please.

Edited by cakepie

1 hour ago, cakepie said:

1. Ensure you're making the correct keyboard inputs:
For shift+B, you need to hold down left shift while pressing B. Do not release shift until after releasing B.
Likewise for ctrl+B: hold down left shift until after releasing B.

Yep, that's all right.

2. You reported that boarding doesn't work; it would be useful to know if alighting is working or not.
Try clicking on a crew hatch (same as when you normally do a crew transfer) but while holding down the left alt button (if you're using windows)

I'm on Linux, so I have right shift doing everything the left alt used to do, since left alt is a system function that I haven't figured out how to disable yet. It works for the f12 cheat menu but not for this. I found this in the log:

[AirlockPlus] INFO: MODIFIER_KEY key is RightShift

3a. Does it work if it is the only mod installed, or do you still encounter this issue

3b. I would need to know what other mods you are using in order to investigate if this is a case of interaction with another mod.

With only this mod installed, boarding does work correctly. I think I may have been mixing up the function of the ctrl and the shift, so I was getting confused when shift put the kerbal in the pod it was clinging to, but it was the closest pod with a seat so that makes sense.

2 hours ago, cakepie said:

4. logs, please.

I looked through the logs, and I usually have a pretty good eye for debugging but I didn't see anything even remotely related. There was nothing logged for the timestamp at which I tried shift-clicking on the hatch. It could be an issue with Linux, the way the plugin interacts or something.

I did one last test again with all my mods installed, and it did the reverse: This time alighting worked perfectly (using right shift as it should) but boarding didn't work again. I got the following results:

• ctrl makes the kerbal board the part with the hatch he is on.
  • shift prevents him from boarding at all, i.e. nothing happens.
  • ctrl + shift is the same as just shift
  • Weirdly, if the module is full, and I use ctrl+B, the kerbal doesn't board because the module is full, but the blue text at the top of the screen that says "Select a part to board [Esc] cancel" come up, but none of the parts are highlighted and clicking on them doesn't do anything. Esc does not make the message go away either.

Aha, I found an error in the log for this (ctrl+B):

[LOG 23:10:59.037] [AirlockPlus|BoardingPass] INFO: Bill Kerman manual boarding mode initiated for Untitled Space Craft via crewtube-airlock-125
[ERR 23:10:59.038] Module BoardingPass threw during OnUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AirlockPlus.BoardingPass.BoardManual () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AirlockPlus.BoardingPass.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I also get this error for Shift+B:

[ERR 23:13:46.432] Module BoardingPass threw during OnUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AirlockPlus.BoardingPass.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Hopefully this helps :)

Yeah, looks like either a linux-specific issue or possible mod interaction, or possibly a mix of both.

There seems to be a lot going on here, with each AirlockPlus feature working in some situations and broken at other times. So, I'm going to need your help to try to isolate and troubleshoot each case individually.

Let's start with pure stock + AirlockPlus, and isolate any OS-specific issue without any other mods interfering.

For boarding, you mentioned:
7 hours ago, ruiluth said:

With only this mod installed, boarding does work correctly. I think I may have been mixing up the function of the ctrl and the shift, so I was getting confused when shift put the kerbal in the pod it was clinging to, but it was the closest pod with a seat so that makes sense.

It does sound like you initially had the two boarding modes confused. To make sure everything is working as it should, in a controlled environment, can you please re-confirm following the steps given below.
This test case is engineered so that stock boarding cannot succeed -- and thus will not be mistaken for AirlockPlus functionality.

Spoiler

1. In VAB, make a simple craft consisting of only two Mk1 lander cans, separated by a decoupler. Fill both seats and launch.

a. Use stock interface to take the kerbal from the upper lander can on EVA
b. Take the EVA kerbal and try to LeftCtrl+B board through the airlock on the lower lander can.
If Ctrl+B is working correctly, you should see the blue text "Select a part to board [Esc] cancel"
- The lower part should be highlighted brown; clicking on it will tell you that it is full
- The upper part should be highlighted cyan; clicking on it should board the kerbal into that part.
If you see the stock "Cannot board a full module" message, your ctrl key is not being registered properly -- KSP sees only "B" and attempted stock boarding behavior.

a. Repeat step 2a
b. Take the EVA kerbal and try to LeftShift+B board through the airlock on the lower lander can.
If Shift+B is working correctly, the kerbal should board into the upper lander can, since the lower one is full.

a. Repeat step 2a
b. Decouple the decoupler
c. Take the EVA kerbal and try to LeftShift+B board through the airlock on the lower lander can.
If Shift+B is working correctly, you will be told that you cannot board because of "full vessel" (not "full module" which is a stock message)

For alighting, you said:

I found this in the log:

[AirlockPlus] INFO: MODIFIER_KEY key is RightShift

This indicates to me that AirlockPlus has correctly obtained the keymapping from your game settings.
So, yes, since you are using linux and this is in your logfile, then you should be using RightShift+click (not LeftAlt+click) for alighting features.

You also mentioned

with all my mods installed, ... worked perfectly (using right shift as it should)

But it's not clear what happened in with only stock+AirlockPlus. Was it working, or did it not work because you didn't use right shift the first time, or did it not work for some other reason?
It would be incredibly peculiar if it was working with other mods installed, but not in a stock-only situation.

Continuing with the test craft as above, please try the following:

Spoiler

a. Revert flight to launch (to undo the decoupler separation)
b. Use stock interface to take the kerbal from the upper lander can on EVA. Move EVA kerbal away from the craft.
c. Mouse over the crew hatch on the upper lander can, ensure that the "Crew Hatch" tooltip is showing
d. RightShift+click while the "Crew Hatch" tooltip is visible.

If AirlockPlus is working correctly, the stock crew hatch dialog should show up briefly, and then AirlockPlus will take it over.
You should then be able to click the "EVA" button to take the kerbal from the lower lander can on EVA, emerging at the airlock of the upper lander can.

If the stock crew hatch dialog shows up but is not taken over by AirlockPlus, then your right shift button may not have registered.
If the stock crew hatch dialog doesn't show up, then something else has gone wrong, or you didn't actually manage to click on the crew hatch. (Some hatches can be a bit fiddly.)

Let me know how each test goes.
Please provide the whole log if anything isn't working correctly. I'm not only looking for error messages -- the presence/absence of certain expected messages can be informative as well.

We'll look further into mod interactions after sorting the basics out.
One quick thing, though -- were you using CLS, and if yes, which specific version?

Alright, I've done these experiments. The results:

• The first test worked perfectly, just as it was supposed to.
  • The second test was very strange... I tried it a number of times, and it seemed completely random whether the stock or the AirlockPlus interface would show up. Once it even showed up as having the same kerbal in both seats... It also wasn't consistent what the dialog was titled.

Here's the log from the second test:

Spoiler

[LOG 19:38:25.282] ------------------- initializing flight mode... ------------------
[LOG 19:38:25.289] [MessageSystem] Save Messages
[LOG 19:38:25.289] Loading Depletion Nodes
[LOG 19:38:25.289] DepNodeCount:  0
[LOG 19:38:25.289] Loading Biome Nodes
[LOG 19:38:25.289] BiomeNodeCount:  0
[LOG 19:38:25.289] Loading Planet Nodes
[LOG 19:38:25.289] PlanetNodeCount:  0
[LOG 19:38:25.290] [ScenarioDestructibles]: Loading... 0 objects registered
[LOG 19:38:25.299] Loading ship from file: /home/ruiluth/Desktop/Files/Games/KSP/KSP_linux/KSP_Data/../saves/Airlock testing/Ships/VAB/Auto-Saved Ship.craft
[LOG 19:38:25.313] Untitled Space Craft loaded!
[LOG 19:38:27.917] putting ship to ground: -1.39156
[LOG 19:38:27.918] [Untitled Space Craft]: Ready to Launch - waiting to start physics...
[LOG 19:38:27.920] Crewmember Jebediah Kerman assigned to Mk1 Command Pod, seat # 0 (crew seat index: 0)
[LOG 19:38:27.920] Crewmember Bill Kerman assigned to Mk1 Command Pod, seat # 0 (crew seat index: 0)
[LOG 19:38:27.920] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Untitled Space Craft ---------------------- 
[LOG 19:38:27.920] setting new dominant body: Kerbin
FlightGlobals.mainBody: Kerbin
[LOG 19:38:27.920] Reference Frame: Rotating
[WRN 19:38:27.921] The Text Container component is now Obsolete and can safely be removed from [TextArial(Clone)].
[WRN 19:38:27.923] The Text Container component is now Obsolete and can safely be removed from [TextArial(Clone)].
[LOG 19:38:27.924] Vessel assembly complete!
[LOG 19:38:27.924] all systems started
[LOG 19:38:27.926] [AirlockPlus] INFO: Starting AirlockPlus...
[LOG 19:38:27.926] [AirlockPlus] INFO: MODIFIER_KEY key is RightShift
[LOG 19:38:27.926] [AirlockPlus] INFO: CLS support is off
[LOG 19:38:28.084] [UiApp] Awake: CurrencyWidgetsApp
[LOG 19:38:28.084] [UiApp] Awake: ResourceDisplay
[LOG 19:38:28.084] [UiApp] Awake: KSPedia
[LOG 19:38:28.084] [ApplicationLauncher] OnSceneLoadedGUIReady: scene FLIGHT ShouldBeVisible() True ShouldBeOnTop() True iIsPositionedAtTop False
[LOG 19:38:28.084] [ApplicationLauncher] SpawnSimpleLayout: VerticalTopDown
[LOG 19:38:28.086] [KnowledgeBase] OnAppLauncherReady 108909
[LOG 19:38:28.187] [UIApp] OnDestroy: ContractsApp
[LOG 19:38:28.254] [MessageSystem] Reposition 0.02 108910
[LOG 19:38:28.260] [FlightIntegrator]: Reloaded drag cube for zeroed cube root part stackSeparator on vessel Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:38:28.260] [FlightIntegrator]: Vessel Untitled Space Craft has been unloaded 1.79769313486232E+308, applying analytic temperature 308.652191869937
[LOG 19:38:28.287] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:38:28.297] [UIApp] Adding ResourceDisplay to Application Launcher
[LOG 19:38:28.297] [UIApp] Adding ResourceDisplay to Application Launcher
[LOG 19:38:28.302] [ResourceDisplay] OnAppStarted(): id: -322120
[LOG 19:38:28.303] [GenericAppFrame] Reposition 0.101914 108914
[LOG 19:38:28.303] [ResourceDisplay] OnAppStarted(): id: 161192
[LOG 19:38:28.303] ResourceDisplay already exist, destroying this instance
[LOG 19:38:28.303] [UIApp] OnDestroy: ResourceDisplay
[LOG 19:38:28.311] CURRENCY WIDGET False False False
[LOG 19:38:28.313] [UIApp] OnDestroy: CurrencyWidgetsApp
[LOG 19:38:28.319] [UIApp] Adding KSPedia to Application Launcher
[LOG 19:38:28.388] [UIMasterController]: ShowUI
[LOG 19:38:28.390] Flight State Captured
[LOG 19:38:28.390] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 19:38:28.390] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 19:38:28.391] [MessageSystem] Save Messages
[LOG 19:38:28.394] Game State Saved as persistent
[LOG 19:38:29.060] Unpacking Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:38:40.555] [AirlockPlus|BoardingPass] INFO: EVA_Board key is B
[LOG 19:38:40.571] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Jebediah Kerman ---------------------- 
[LOG 19:38:40.572] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Jebediah Kerman
[WRN 19:38:40.576] [Part]: kerbalEVA (Jebediah Kerman) holds crew but has no interior model defined!
[LOG 19:38:44.493] [Progress Node Reached]: RecordsAltitude
[LOG 19:38:47.475] [Progress Node Reached]: RecordsDistance
[LOG 19:38:48.606] [Progress Node Reached]: RecordsSpeed
[LOG 19:38:51.196] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Untitled Space Craft ---------------------- 
[LOG 19:38:51.196] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:38:51.213] Camera Mode: AUTO
[WRN 19:38:51.219] The Text Container component is now Obsolete and can safely be removed from [TextArial(Clone)].
[WRN 19:38:51.226] The Text Container component is now Obsolete and can safely be removed from [TextArial(Clone)].
[LOG 19:38:53.692] [AirlockPlus] INFO: hijacking CrewHatchDialog for airlock airlock on part mk1pod of Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:39:21.777] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Jebediah Kerman ---------------------- 
[LOG 19:39:21.777] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Jebediah Kerman
[LOG 19:39:21.782] Camera Mode: AUTO
[WRN 19:39:21.782] [Part]: kerbalEVA (Jebediah Kerman) holds crew but has no interior model defined!
[LOG 19:39:22.048] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Untitled Space Craft ---------------------- 
[LOG 19:39:22.048] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:39:22.053] Camera Mode: AUTO
[WRN 19:39:22.054] The Text Container component is now Obsolete and can safely be removed from [TextArial(Clone)].
[WRN 19:39:22.056] The Text Container component is now Obsolete and can safely be removed from [TextArial(Clone)].
[LOG 19:39:23.485] [AirlockPlus] INFO: hijacking CrewHatchDialog for airlock airlock on part mk1pod of Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:40:22.038] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Jebediah Kerman ---------------------- 
[LOG 19:40:22.038] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Jebediah Kerman
[LOG 19:40:22.044] Camera Mode: AUTO
[WRN 19:40:22.044] [Part]: kerbalEVA (Jebediah Kerman) holds crew but has no interior model defined!
[LOG 19:40:22.293] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Untitled Space Craft ---------------------- 
[LOG 19:40:22.294] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:40:22.298] Camera Mode: AUTO
[WRN 19:40:22.299] The Text Container component is now Obsolete and can safely be removed from [TextArial(Clone)].
[WRN 19:40:22.301] The Text Container component is now Obsolete and can safely be removed from [TextArial(Clone)].
[LOG 19:40:23.677] [AirlockPlus] INFO: hijacking CrewHatchDialog for airlock airlock on part mk1pod of Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:40:26.752] [AirlockPlus] INFO: hijacking CrewHatchDialog for airlock airlock on part mk1pod of Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:40:32.527] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Jebediah Kerman ---------------------- 
[LOG 19:40:32.527] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Jebediah Kerman
[LOG 19:40:32.532] Camera Mode: AUTO
[WRN 19:40:32.532] [Part]: kerbalEVA (Jebediah Kerman) holds crew but has no interior model defined!
[LOG 19:40:32.755] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Untitled Space Craft ---------------------- 
[LOG 19:40:32.755] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:40:32.759] Camera Mode: AUTO
[WRN 19:40:32.761] The Text Container component is now Obsolete and can safely be removed from [TextArial(Clone)].
[WRN 19:40:32.762] The Text Container component is now Obsolete and can safely be removed from [TextArial(Clone)].
[LOG 19:40:35.778] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Jebediah Kerman ---------------------- 
[LOG 19:40:35.778] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Jebediah Kerman
[LOG 19:40:35.783] Camera Mode: AUTO
[WRN 19:40:35.783] [Part]: kerbalEVA (Jebediah Kerman) holds crew but has no interior model defined!
[LOG 19:40:36.645] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Untitled Space Craft ---------------------- 
[LOG 19:40:36.645] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:40:36.649] Camera Mode: AUTO
[WRN 19:40:36.651] The Text Container component is now Obsolete and can safely be removed from [TextArial(Clone)].
[WRN 19:40:36.653] The Text Container component is now Obsolete and can safely be removed from [TextArial(Clone)].
[LOG 19:40:39.682] [AirlockPlus] INFO: hijacking CrewHatchDialog for airlock airlock on part mk1pod of Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:40:46.364] [AirlockPlus] INFO: hijacking CrewHatchDialog for airlock airlock on part mk1pod of Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:40:48.954] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Jebediah Kerman ---------------------- 
[LOG 19:40:48.954] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Jebediah Kerman
[LOG 19:40:48.958] Camera Mode: AUTO
[WRN 19:40:48.958] [Part]: kerbalEVA (Jebediah Kerman) holds crew but has no interior model defined!
[LOG 19:40:49.331] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Untitled Space Craft ---------------------- 
[LOG 19:40:49.332] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:40:49.348] Camera Mode: AUTO
[WRN 19:40:49.353] The Text Container component is now Obsolete and can safely be removed from [TextArial(Clone)].
[WRN 19:40:49.360] The Text Container component is now Obsolete and can safely be removed from [TextArial(Clone)].
[LOG 19:40:54.303] [AirlockPlus] INFO: hijacking CrewHatchDialog for airlock airlock on part mk1pod of Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:41:02.001] [AirlockPlus] INFO: hijacking CrewHatchDialog for airlock airlock on part mk1pod of Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:41:02.541] [AirlockPlus] INFO: hijacking CrewHatchDialog for airlock airlock on part mk1pod of Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:41:05.577] [AirlockPlus] INFO: hijacking CrewHatchDialog for airlock airlock on part mk1pod of Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:41:13.333] [AirlockPlus] INFO: hijacking CrewHatchDialog for airlock airlock on part mk1pod of Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:41:20.639] [AirlockPlus] INFO: hijacking CrewHatchDialog for airlock airlock on part mk1pod of Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:41:23.397] [AirlockPlus] INFO: hijacking CrewHatchDialog for airlock airlock on part mk1pod of Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 19:41:25.618] [AirlockPlus] INFO: hijacking CrewHatchDialog for airlock airlock on part mk1pod of Untitled Space Craft

In my modded install I do have CLS, version 1.2.5.3a.

On 6/20/2017 at 10:56 AM, ruiluth said:

The second test was very strange... I tried it a number of times, and it seemed completely random whether the stock or the AirlockPlus interface would show up. Once it even showed up as having the same kerbal in both seats... It also wasn't consistent what the dialog was titled

That's most likely just the stock window taking much longer than expected to set itself up. The process doesn't seem to be consistent, so I have AirlockPlus set up to wait five frames before attempting to overwrite the stock window. This was based on some trial-and-error plus some extra buffer, and worked well before, but yours is sometimes taking even longer than that, for whatever reason (OS, system spec, settings, etc...). When that happens, you'd actually end up with the stock window overwriting AirlockPlus instead.

Try this patch (link removed). It doubles the wait time to ten frames -- this means that when you rightshift+click on a crew hatch, there will likely be a noticeable delay before the AirlockPlus interface shows up (you may see the stock window in the meantime). Let me know if this fixes the alighting issue. Also, there's some additional debug+instrumentation code in there to measure how long your stock window is taking to set up, so if you could do the rightshift+click a few times and get me the debug log from that would be informative toward trying to find a more permanent solution.

I've also included in the patch a different version of CLSInterfaces.dll (CRC-32: CAEF1E65) than is packaged with the v.0.0.8 download (CRC-32: E4A14243). That should hopefully take care of the problems you reported with boarding in your modded install a couple of posts up. Let me know how it goes.

Edited by cakepie

new approach for checking if crew hatch dialog is ready for hijack
add support for Community Trait Icons
(CTI required) show crew type icons next to names when alighting
(CTI required) add crew type icons to stock crew hatch dialog
perfectionistic layout tweaking

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/30/2017 at 0:21 AM, KerbMav said:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e2q429supqh4ro6/AAB-TYC8UACQqeUdxtCLxBZIa?dl=0

Kerbal picked from empty pod to go on EVA gets flung whirling from the station - uncontrollable, not jetpack, no timewarp possible - and station gets a movement impulse too, starting to sway and turn quite a bit.

I'm not able to load your quicksave due to missing mods.

Based on your description, looks like your issue occurred at 6:15:18pm -- this is where you alt-clicked on the airlock on a ppd-10 hitchhiker storage container ("crewCabin") on the craft "KSS Alpha". Can you please confirm this is specifically when the problem occurred? (I need to be sure, since your log is humongous.)

Also, is this a one-off transient occurrence or are you able to reliably reproduce? Is it specific to this part/craft/situation, or are you able to trigger the same error elsewhere / under different conditions?

Most importantly, are you able to reproduce with minimal mods?

Part and craft match - I uploaded as soon as possible to keep the log short (at the end ...), so time fits as well.

Will see if I can reproduce and get back to you.

@cakepie I updated the logs in the link - at least for the same craft and hatch it behaves the same.

Edited by KerbMav

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this mod, really useful! 
Is there any chance you could add an option to not display the extra shift+b ctrl+b etc text when standing by a hatch? Same functionality, just have the standard stock text so it's less cluttered when standing by a hatch.

On 2017/6/2 at 8:41 AM, Summerfirefly said:

@cakepie Yes I knew CLS before. In Chinese, “舱” or “舱室” can be used for all manned or unmanned parts which have "reachable space" in them, like “实验舱” is in which crews do experiments. “生活舱” is the space crews live in. “气密舱” means airlock. Even engine room can be called “轮机舱室” or “引擎舱室”.

And “载人舱室” means habitable space in the vessel. “适居空间” has the similar meaning with “载人舱室”, but it almost never be used in Chinese community. So I think “载人舱室” is better.

Good point and I agree with Cakepie! "舱室" would be a perfect Chinese translation to describe any enclosed space/chamber sized up a few cube meters on the vessel, no matter it's manned or unmanned. “适居空间” would be more appropriate when we wish to describe a place / room somewhere on the ground - opinion from a professional Mandarin translator:kiss:

Edited by kerbalidea

• 3 weeks later...

I like this mod, but I have some issues with it.

• When I pressed "EVA" on someone's portrait from an MKS Tundra module (no hatch) on a space station with several open hatches (Hitchhikers, command pods, etc), I was told "Can't exit. Module has no hatch".  I see this was reported before and fixed, but looks like it still has issues.
  • Alt+click conflicts with Easy Vessel Switch
  • Clicking on the hatch is sometimes hard (even with stock), but I suppose necessary to know which hatch to exit.  Oh well.
  • When I did alt+click finally, the Kerbal started spinning and then ejected himself at lightspeed, while leaving a duplicate of himself inside the original part.

Here's the relevant snippet from the lightspeed EVA:

[EXC 15:03:33.859] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
	System.Collections.Generic.List`1[ProtoCrewMember].get_Item (Int32 index)
	KerbalEVA+<StartEVA>c__Iterator27.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
	UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
	KerbalEVA:OnStart(StartState)
	Part:ModulesOnStart()
	<Start>c__Iterator3A:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
[LOG 15:03:33.860] [AirlockPlus|BoardingPass] INFO: EVA_Board key is B
[ERR 15:03:33.860] Module ModuleKISInventory threw during OnStart: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[ProtoCrewMember].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KIS.ModuleKISInventory.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

KSP.log and persistent.sfs (look at "TC2 Station" and try to EVA "Fredmont Kerman"): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3ycwkfvhl8z9754/AADJi3A2SkNlPrrAmZFSmwHGa?dl=0

To load the station you'll need at least MKS, all of Nertea's stuff, and TAC Life Support.

@hab136

Thanks for the feedback. I will go over each point separately:

On 11/26/2017 at 9:45 PM, hab136 said:

When I pressed "EVA" on someone's portrait from an MKS Tundra module (no hatch) on a space station with several open hatches (Hitchhikers, command pods, etc), I was told "Can't exit. Module has no hatch".  I see this was reported before and fixed, but looks like it still has issues.

This is not caused by AirlockPlus. AirlockPlus does not use, and does not modify the "EVA" button on the crew portrait. This button is stock -- unless you have some other mod that alters it, its behavior should be stock.
Have you tried this without AirlockPlus installed?

Also, this is not the same as the previously reported and fixed problem.

Alt+click conflicts with Easy Vessel Switch

Noted, will look into it.
[Not trivial: ctrl+click and shift+click are not viable alternatives since ctrl and shift are the default throttle controls in vessel view. Needs either proper interoperability with EVS, else user-configurable to arbitrary key.]

Clicking on the hatch is sometimes hard (even with stock), but I suppose necessary to know which hatch to exit.

Stock issue, not specific to AirlockPlus.
Would necessitate a brand new feature (or a different mod altogether).

Kerbal started spinning and then ejected himself at lightspeed, while leaving a duplicate of himself inside the original part.

[...]

KSP.log and persistent.sfs [...]

To load the station you'll need at least MKS, all of Nertea's stuff, and TAC Life Support.

This has been reported before, but I've not been able to pin down the problem. It is most likely to be due to a mod interaction, and for that, I need to be able to reproduce it with minimal mods.
I'll try your save file later and see if I can load it up + if it helps narrow down the cause of the issue.

Do you have the output_log.txt as well? (if it hasn't already been overwritten)

relevant snippet from the lightspeed EVA:

[...]

(look at "TC2 Station" and try to EVA "Fredmont Kerman")

That isn't the correct snippet.
Can you please help confirm that the issue arose when you attempted to take Fredmont out via

airlock Airlock on part OSE.Workshop of TC2 Station

This would help me confirm that I've found the correct log entries (starting at line 150426).

Edited by cakepie
accidentally a word

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.