Russian Launch and Mission Thread

tater

I'm not sure Russia is physically capable of this. There are more satellites than there are interceptors.

Unless the satellites are vulnerable to electronic disablement of some sort, which I'm pretty sure would be rapidly patched as next gen shells start getting deployed.

1 hour ago, RCgothic said:

I'm not sure Russia is physically capable of this. There are more satellites than there are interceptors.

Unless the satellites are vulnerable to electronic disablement of some sort, which I'm pretty sure would be rapidly patched as next gen shells start getting deployed.

It's fake, thankfully (but not too irrealistic)

3 hours ago, Beccab said:

It's fake, thankfully (but not too irrealistic)

4 hours ago, RCgothic said:

The wording used suggested more than "electronic fires". That, and patching wouldn't confer immunity against radio jamming.

Anyway, as per Medvedev: "That was fake news, but thanks for the idea".

https://t.me/medvedev_telegram/47

Q: What effect did missile development have on launch vehicle development?

By this, I mean did the R-7 see noticeable improvements as a result of being developed as a missile before becoming Vostok? Same with UR-500 and Proton.

I ask, as I have a suspicion that if the GR-1 FOBS had been built, the N1 would have had a slightly higher chance of success prior to the 1974 Glushko take over. Not enough to beat the US but maybe enough to keep the program going.

That wouldn’t help the fact that IIRC Korolev himself was opposed to building a test stand for Blok A. But even if one was built, it likely would have been destroyed during the first test run, requiring rebuilding… would a test stand have helped if Blok A was going to blow up anyways? In retrospect, might it not have been better to have the failures in the air instead of on the ground?

4 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

Did they find a way to build Sarmat without imported electronics?

And which mod do they use onboard; MechJeb, kOS, kRPC, TCA, BDArmory Module Rocket, or their own. 

So short video, so many questions...

P.S.
It's white. To be invisible in the snow. It's a winter rocket.
Satan is gray, like ground. It's a summer rocket.

Arrival

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X75Hpq1SeF4&t=11m40s

Watch the rest of the segment if you want to see a satisfied Mr. Radioactive Ashes.

Interesting how they explain a later reentry as the presense of a third stage, despite at least one analysis counting two stages. It's possible we're looking at the traditional Makeyev tractor-type stage rather than an ordinary fairing.

Edited by DDE

During the EVA session the cosmonauts have planted flag on ISS.
https://www-rbc-ru.translate.goog/rbcfreenews/626b32799a7947b6e41f966c?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=ru

(Video is available only on original link,)
https://www.rbc.ru/rbcfreenews/626b32799a7947b6e41f966c

First time since 1991 on Mir.

Spoiler

gallery-1455897856-red-flag.jpg?resize=4

Edited by kerbiloid