[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

One thing I really like from the new update will be the mini SRBs. They will be great for separation motors. I just hope that they don't have too much mass or drag or it will really discourage me from using them. Also, I wonder if the newer two meter engines will be rebalanced a bit. I honestly would like to see some Non-Gimballing 2m rocket boosters that have a slightly higher TWR.

wonder why the team has been so quite recently, nova's pretty much one man banding it in here and has been for weeks

Well, they do have a game to work on...

It would be nice if they posted a bit more... especially to their blogs... but you can't blame them for not finding the time to tell us about what they're supposed to be doing.

I have been wondering about gravity assists too.

It seems like you would need something like the orbital rendezvous in MechJeb to calculate it out for you.

What happens if you are doing a gravity assist to another planet and a moon's SOI gets in the way at Kerbin or at your destination?

I think you really need the computer to calculate it, assuming the simplified physics engine can?

This is my one-way-into-orbit-or-if-you're-lucky-to-surface ship, it's name says it all, it's a one way trip, should get you into orbit around a planet, or if it has a good atmosphere, land on it.

hlwAh.png

ioYZz.png

And some wierd bug made everythin in orbit around the mun get into solar orbit. I know scott manley experienced this as well.

If this is not supposed to be in this thread then tell me and I'll put it somewhere else

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32828[/ATTACH]

I just noticed something ;)

So some of the new parts are already finished^^

Whoops seems a bit blurry, It's the ASAS in case you couldn't see it.

That part of a mod,the only confirmed is the adapter and the engine..

What i suspect by looks a Nerva thingy.. and no its not confirmed that its nerva..

They have not updated the .17 patch thread in two weeks or so. It is possible they are working on the planets and stuff before they figure out the new parts. It would be hard to balance the new parts without knowing what you need to get from planet to planet.