@Sidestrafe2462@MiffedStarfish@KenjiKrafts

So for the RP:

I put my grade 11 math skills to use and made a formula to calculate the cost of ships and craft in general. It takes into account both the part count and the in-game cost. Low part count craft are favored, but not that much. For example, a ship of 600 parts will only cost twice as much as a 100 part ship with the same in-game cost.

Ta-da!

Spoiler

0GbZ4C.jpg

I suggest that we set a fixed amount of 'credits' that we can use in the RP war, and then calculate how much of that budget each of our ships/planes takes up.

Just a suggestion though. Tell me what you think :)

Edited by Earthlinger

3 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

@Sidestrafe2462@MiffedStarfish@KenjiKrafts

So for the RP:

I put my grade 11 math skills to use and made a formula to calculate the cost of ships and craft in general. It takes into account both the part count and the in-game cost. Low part count craft are favored, but not that much. For example, a ship of 600 parts will only cost twice as much as a 100 part ship with the same in-game cost.

Ta-da!

Reveal hidden contents

1asFy3.jpg

I suggest that we set a fixed amount of 'credits' that we can use in the RP war, and then calculate how much of that budget each of our ships/planes takes up.

Just a suggestion though. Tell me what you think :)

Why can’t we just use cost, and maybe tonnage? A lot of my ships have unnecessary armour parts and things like that. I know you’re using a machine that can’t load tons of parts, but battles can be done with ratios for craft. 

On 10/30/2017 at 9:21 AM, Earthlinger said:

Well, if it lands the first shot.... XD

remember these times? when a single shot could end the mightiest battleship and extra guns were added for redundancy and fire rate? 

ahhhh

war has advanced to the point where ships tank thousands of rounds... :D

makes for cooler battles

On 11/4/2017 at 7:40 AM, Earthlinger said:

We should be fine then :)

Anyone else on this thread have armour issues with their ships? From what I've seen, the BDA armour plates are only slightly better than the structural plates. Shots from a single Abrams cannon are absolutely devastating:

screenshot458

I'm going to try and make a decent ship with a double or triple layer of armour, cause the entry I currently have will be trampled lol :P

ahh... this too XD

37 minutes ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

ahh... this too XD

I think I lost that ship's file :D

1 hour ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Why can’t we just use cost, and maybe tonnage? A lot of my ships have unnecessary armour parts and things like that. I know you’re using a machine that can’t load tons of parts, but battles can be done with ratios for craft. 

:P

What do you mean ratios?

39 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

So a 10 vs 5 Battle would be simplified down to 2 vs 1, etc.

Ah

1 hour ago, MiffedStarfish said:

and maybe tonnage?

My ships have ridiculous amounts of fuel in them. I could cut their tonnage by half and still have more than enough fuel - and extra speed - to use them effectively....

Point is, scoring the ships by tonnage could be exploited. Cost is better in that case.

Edited by Earthlinger

5 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

what are the current alliances?

Me and Kenji is, so far, the only one I'm aware of. Miffed might approach you at one point, and since you both have the most heavily armored ships.... :P:D

4 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

btw discord is kinda laggy in my pc (internet succs)

Hm, okay. I'm not sure how much of a problem it would be if we moved some of the RP discussion to here. It might be fine as long as there's no actual role-playing, just general discussion about the ships and the movement of forces/battles...

3 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

expect footage of the titan and some fun stuff soon

Noice

Btw Discord says you're still playing Stellaris :rolleyes:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.