Jump to content

[1.9.x] NavHud Renewed


Recommended Posts

Originally written by @Ninenium, original thread is here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/73692-12-n  @Ninenium

 hasn't been around since November of last year, and the last release of this for 1.2.2 was a year ago

 

NavHud provides a new(ish) navigational instrument: A Heads Up Display showing you precisely what way your spaceship is pointing. It also features the target, normal, radial, retro/pro-grade, maneuver and docking alignment indicators.

 

New Dependencies

CKAN has been updated to install the dependencies, if needed.

Download:

Donations gratefully accepted

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

Demo video by 5thHorseman:

 

Alignment indicator:

When targeting a docking port a target alignment indicator is shown. indicating the orientation of the targeted docking port.

Toggle hot-key

Press "y" to toggle the HUD at any time.

Press "left-alt" + "y" to cycle between speed display modes.

Customization:

The color and size of the markers and lines can be changed in a comprehensive settings window. The changes are saved in the file [KSPfolder]\GameData\NavHud\Plugins\PluginData\NavHud\config. xml

Toolbar:

This mod is compatible with Blizzy78's Toolbar.

Installation:

Copy the content of the 'GameData' folder to the 'GameData' folder of your KSP installation.

Edited by linuxgurugamer
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh thank you!   While the 1.22 version works in 1.31 I was worried about upcoming mods and changes that could have affected this!

 

Thanks again!

PS best Docking alignment tool I have ever seen except for Mechjebs autopilot!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Squishydoo said:

please make a 1.3 version

Hmmm.  this makes me very sad.

I mean, why do I even bother to write documentation?  Why did I spend the time to test this in 1.3.0, and then to specifically put it in the TITLE of the thread if no one is going to ready it?

This isn't the first time this has happened.  But it's a very sad state of affairs when people don't take a half a second to read.

I mean, what do you do when you buy something?  Do you throw the instructions away because you can't be bothered to read? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has this been added to CKAN yet? I am not seeing it listed there.

[Solved: it appears CKAN 1.22.3 will NOT show the new linuxgurugamer version. It will only show the original Ninenium version. Updating to CKAN 1.22.6 Does show linuxgurugamer version. (and Ninenium's is not listed)]

[Update: It appears that in my KSP1.3 game folder, CKAN will only show Ninenium's version. In my KSP1.3.1 game folder it shows linuxgurugamer's version. This is using CKAN 1.22.6 in both folders.]

Edited by BlackHat
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Can't install:

About to install...

 * NavHud 1.3.4(cached)

The following inconsistencies were found:
NavHudRenewed wishes to install GameData/NavHud/NavHud.version, but this file is registered to NavHud
 * NavHudRenewed wishes to install GameData/NavHud/Plugins/NavHud.dll, but this file is registered to NavHud
 * NavHudRenewed wishes to install GameData/NavHud/ToolbarIcon.png, but this file is registered to NavHud



Error!

:(

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, uxlapogi said:

Can't install:

About to install...

 * NavHud 1.3.4(cached)

The following inconsistencies were found:
NavHudRenewed wishes to install GameData/NavHud/NavHud.version, but this file is registered to NavHud
 * NavHudRenewed wishes to install GameData/NavHud/Plugins/NavHud.dll, but this file is registered to NavHud
 * NavHudRenewed wishes to install GameData/NavHud/ToolbarIcon.png, but this file is registered to NavHud



Error!

:(

 

You, uh, could try uninstalling Navhud first? CKAN will refuse to overwrite files it finds in the Gamedata folder.

Edited by Niccolo
Spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found a bug.

ZnC36b7.jpg

 

This black ring occurs only I'm using NavHUD. When I turn off NavHUD with shortcut Y, that black ring disappears too and turning on NavHUD that black ring occurs too.

Not every situation, but only specific height. (about 20km ~ about 70km. not precise but steadily seen).

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Efour said:

I found a bug.

ZnC36b7.jpg

 

This black ring occurs only I'm using NavHUD. When I turn off NavHUD with shortcut Y, that black ring disappears too and turning on NavHUD that black ring occurs too.

Not every situation, but only specific height. (about 20km ~ about 70km. not precise but steadily seen).

I just tested this in a reentry, and didn't see it, so I'll need to see your log file.

There could be some sort of conflict going on

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018. 3. 24. at 10:18 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I just tested this in a reentry, and didn't see it, so I'll need to see your log file.

There could be some sort of conflict going on

I cleaned my KSP and only installed NavHUD, and I can see that black ring too. (picture below)

and, I attatched my output_log.txt from %USER_FOLDER%/AppData/LocalLow/Squad/Kerbal Space Program, deleted just before starting KSP and recreated after doing below picture.

output_log.txt

I'm using HP Pavilion dv6-6122tx Laptop. It contains i7-2630QM and Radeon HD 6370M(if my memory correct) and windows 10 64bit.

 

0LbCpU3.jpg

Edited by Efour
Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that ring as well - but I don't actually have this mod installed.  (Radeon as well.)  For me, it appears linked to altitude.

In fact, I've seen that ring with *no* mods installed, using a stock ship.  This is a KSP 1.4.1 (never got 1.4) bug.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In my case, that black ring starts almost single pixel line and inflates to black ribbon. but disappears suddenly.

I've tested stock ksp too, but I can't see that black ring in stock. and It disappears when I turn off NavHUD with shortcut key or interface and appears when I turn on NavHUD.

I will test that with previous version of NavHud and report here as soon as possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I tested previous version(1.3.4, for ksp 1.3.1) too, but same black ring appears.

almost 20km black ring starts appearing, and until 55km ribbon becomes thicker, and at 55km ribbon suddenly disappears.

While reentry, thick ribbon appears suddenly at 55km and becomes thinner and disappears 20km, mirroring takeoff sequence.

 

I also think this is Unity 2017 or KSP 1.4.1 bug with radeon, but in my case this bug disappears without navhud.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DStaal said:

I see that ring as well - but I don't actually have this mod installed.  (Radeon as well.)  For me, it appears linked to altitude.

In fact, I've seen that ring with *no* mods installed, using a stock ship.  This is a KSP 1.4.1 (never got 1.4) bug.

 Thanks, if it's a stock bug then there's not much I can do.

 Can you report this bug to squad?

Edited by linuxgurugamer
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your good work.

I have a issue;
NavHud may interfere with Stock Visual Enhancements.(maybe its cloud only)

I didn't notice this before I install SVE. At first I thought SVE has some secret toggle key for brightness so I changed NavHud's key but nothing changed.

Fig1 : kerbin's cloud without NavHud
KTHdxUU.png

Fig2 : kerbin's cloud with NavHud onTLKj0oY.png

Fig2 : kerbin's cloud with NavHud off
50sQTc3.png

Though this glitch(?) has no effect on game performance, but I think you should know about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, windmt said:

Thank you for your good work.

I have a issue;
NavHud may interfere with Stock Visual Enhancements.(maybe its cloud only)

I didn't notice this before I install SVE. At first I thought SVE has some secret toggle key for brightness so I changed NavHud's key but nothing changed.

Fig1 : kerbin's cloud without NavHud
KTHdxUU.png

Fig2 : kerbin's cloud with NavHud onTLKj0oY.png

Fig2 : kerbin's cloud with NavHud off
50sQTc3.png

Though this glitch(?) has no effect on game performance, but I think you should know about it.

I need some more information:

First, a log file would answer most of these:

What OS?

What version of KSP?

What video card?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@linuxgurugamer, are you actively developing this mod or are you just keeping it working? I ask because I have a feature request.

As far as I know no docking mods offer support for aligning the claw with target ships. I can sort of see why they haven't, but I have an idea as to how it could work. Seeing as this is my favorite docking mod I thought I'd make a feature request here.

What I suggest is that when you target a ship, alignment markers appear at all the 6 cardinal locations. I'm assuming that ships have an overall alignment that can be used for this. Then, as you approach your target from the side you want to attach to, and roughly aim in the correct direction, you will see the marker you need to aim for to be aligned. Of course you might need to translate to where you actually want to attach but at least you can be sure you are aligned wherever you attach.

What do you think

Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...