SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

VITAS

On 9/1/2016 at 4:38 PM, TiktaalikDreaming said:

That helps explain the not quite unrelated images on a couple of mine.  Might be time for a trojan Kerbal Industries Decisive Decouplers Integrated Experiment - Parts, Observations, Revisions & Nomenclature  (running out of ideas at the end there)...  Shortened of course, in the mod name.   Content via script is a very bad idea, IMHO.

Do you think that if somebody did that we could take easily decisive legal action when... those... images show up?

I wouldn't personally do that but I'm pretty sure that that's a crime basically worldwide. So it wouldn't matter where they are, we could take them down.

Edited by njmksr

In case you didn't already know, this "Hoang Lam" lives in Ha Noi in north Vietnam, which explains the lax copyright enforcement. Apparently he has 64 such websites running, although it seems that some of the sites are backups in the event that the main site gets taken down. This guy knows what he's doing.

2 hours ago, Andem said:

In case you didn't already know, this "Hoang Lam" lives in Ha Noi in north Vietnam, which explains the lax copyright enforcement. Apparently he has 64 such websites running, although it seems that some of the sites are backups in the event that the main site gets taken down. This guy knows what he's doing.

Thanks. 

I did. Thats why its hard to get anything done he isnt willing to do (e.g. remove copyrighted material).

What angers me most is that its a succsesfull business practice (see how other large companies started) and my ethics prevent me from beeing like them.

Can Spacedock simply block 100% of Vietnam IPs?  I doubt we have much, if any, of a userbase there.  If they are using a non-Vietnamese IP to scrape, that wouldn't necessarily help much, though.  Can you tell?

Edited by Cetera

@Cetera I identified their hosts and blocked api acc. But theres always a way arround that.

If we even have one normal visitor from vietnam its a nogo to block a whole country or ISP.

(How would you feel if you where blocked because of someone elses missbehaviour?)

@VITAS I'm having trouble with the site loading... I used the perviously posted testing links, and the main SD link takes minimum, at best 2.5 secs to load... Sometimes going as high as 15 secs, or not loading at all, giving 503 error...

Currently, the US link times out and wont load at all for me...

LMK if I can provide any other specific info

Hi,

strange. I added Caching. So it *should* at least be more constant.

I tested it using a bunch of Website performance sites and get loading times of about 1.5-2s (not stellar but ok-ish)

Bad thing: i will be on vacation for 1-2 weeks starting tomorrow and dont count on inet acc during that time.

Would be good if you do some periodic checks and let me know if its only a hickup.

Ok... I usually scrub the site once or twice a day for new/updated mods...

Currently, the site seems now completely down for me... Very spotty, with mostly 503, & occasional 502 errors...

Lemme clear my cache and restrt Firefox

EDIT:

yeah... about half the time the main page will load... 2.5 ~ 15 secs... howver, using the US, Eu, Asia links, NONE of them EVER load for me

EDIT 2:
Same exact behaviour in fresh, clean Chrome install

If I have any more issues later on (in the next couple days), I'll shoot you a PM, so not to clutter the thread

Edited by Stone Blue

thats because i overloaded the core server and the cdn is doing its thing (caching stuff).

i hope its getting better now that ive finished doing the cpu intensive stuff.

btw funny  thing: i tried to check the thread and the forums where giving me a blank page. maybe some slowness /maintenance here too? :D

Edited by VITAS

Hi. I am experiencing an issue with a mod I have on SpaceDock. Users have been mentioning that the most recent version gives them errors when trying to un-pack the zipped file. Error reads

Can not open file '(local location of file edited out for this post) CxAerospace_Station_Part_Pack-1.3.2.zip' as archive

or

Windows cannot open the folder.

The compressed (zipped) Folder 'C:\Users\...\CxAerospace_Station_Part_Pack-1.3.2.zip' is invalid

I downloaded the file about 2 hours ago without getting this issue. But after re-downloading ti a few minutes ago I am now experiencing the error.

Any idea whats going on?

i just restarted apache. my guess: server overloaded. apache served corupted files to cdn. cdn now serves cached corrupted files. solution: restarting cdn caches. hope that helps .

done the above and test downloaded the most popular mods. the cfg files opened fine and looked ok. (didnt test them). i hope it stays that way.

Edited by VITAS

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at spacedock.info Port 80

80% of the time this error. No downloading from ckan possible every download gets interupted after a few seconds.

just learned two lessons: stuff goes south when you only want to go to bed and ppl start to recognize what theyve lost when it stops working.

restarted more stuff (getting out of stuff to restart soon :P )

Edited by VITAS

im still getting errors (oin some mods)

its that oposite-of-heavenly python code web of sparkily ponys with rainbowhats :P

i simply dont get it why ppl love this language its performance is poor at best. (*curses*)

Lets hope its the server side caches still full of old bits. if you come accross 503 errors just wait 3s then hold shift+press the reload button (that ignores your local browsers cache and hopefully forces the server to rerequest the site) if that doesnt work (and still doesnt after lets say 20 minuts for the SAME url) ive to find ways...i dont know yet.

things that wont make anything better: im forced to do a thing called "vacation" tomorrow. and will be offline for most of the time. so for my RL i hope its fixed. IF not: grab some darklight if available. Hes got acc to fix the things.

Edited by VITAS

Also got this error, don't know if it helps:

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /mod/172/KSP Interstellar Extended/download/1.9.11.

Reason: Error reading from remote server