(B2 Ch1) Project Seeker - A KSP fan-fiction novel + YouTube series

HansonKerman

• 4 weeks later...

Note: this chapter will have no pictures for extended creepiness.

For @Ho Lam Kerman

lam·en·ta·tion

ˌlamənˈtāSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: lamentation; plural noun: lamentations
  1. the passionate expression of grief or sorrow; weeping.
    "scenes of lamentation"
    synonyms:  wailing, sobbing, moaning, keening, grieving, 
    "the survivors' lamentation"

Chapter 8 - A Ghost's Lamentation, Part 1

Mitburry Kerman: EVA Log 1: EVA Time 00:00:20

Nice to have a break from that Hanson. A well deserved rest after our Kerbin Station inspection. Nice to finally get back on this project. The rumors of a ghost? Ha!... bleh. Wait- oh never- there it is again!! What is- I'trembling... my brain feels l-like ... slimy? Oh, I'm scar  -

Edited by HansonKerman

Chapter 9: A Ghost's Lamentation, part 2.

Woo! It's been so long since someone's gone up to the KS! Nice to have a solid body!

So. Conteckst. Lesse. the sattion has ben in Disreper ever since the sudden ckombuzzton of Node 93 - Habring, which destroyed everything eckzept the Core. and when that fol Mittburri came, I possessed him. The battrys have I been saveing for this moment. I tell you, this is my revenge. KASA will pay. I was left. 

I am HO LAM KERMn, LAST SCIENTIST OF KERBIN STATION. THIS IS M REVNGE.

KASA Tracking Station - 5:13

Kranz stood in the TS at night. Suddenly, a transmission came in. Handwritten... odd. When he finished reading, he searched the newly expanded R&D Archives. Sure enough, there was a Kerbal named Ho Lam Kerman who disappeared after the combustion of Habring. Kranz searched up "Kerbal Ghosts" on the KerbNet Search Browser...

Edited by HansonKerman

Supplementary material: How ships are named:

First, the body to go to, then the class of the ship, a nickname, acronym/initialism of the manufacturer, and number. So if I had a lander to go to Minmus manufactured by Zaltonic Electronics, name being Jelly, and it's ZE's 7th rocket, we'd have

Minmuslander "Jelly" ZE-07.

So, 

[body][class] "[name][manufacture]-[number]

@Ho Lam Kerman Ha ha. Yes. You are possessing the mind of Mitburry Kerman, who exploded the maintenance craft with supernatural powers. The bad guy gives character to all, though... I'm jealous of your place!!

I'm just Hanson, lying buy the sideodarode.

Oh, and you've forgotten how to spell.

Edited by HansonKerman

(for @The Minmus Derp)

A timeline of the universe as we know it

Courtesy of the Kerbal Museum of Natural and Unnatural History (KMUH)

93 Liam Drive, Kervana

1 D.C.E. - Darbels finish their evolution.

20,000 D.C.E. - Darbels finish first rocket, a time capsule named Backup One

20,000 D.C.E - Darbels launch many more rockets, even making a hotel around Serpent. It won't last long, though...

30,000 D.C.E. (Darbels live super long) - Eden is decimated by TX, a byproduct of the newly discovered unlimited energy source. Serpent crashes into Eden soon after.

1 K.C.E. - Kerbals form a new civilization on The Atlas, newly renamed Kerbin, hence the name Kerbal.

20 K.C.E - The Terminus Crash happens, sending Kerbals underground.

25 K.C.E. - Kerbals rediskover their old love for space, and they create a new aboveground space program.

2000 K.C.E. - The Ant|kolizationgrou is {formed, the mission being to "decontaminate" Kerbal exploration. The bottom line? complete destruction/extinction.} - note: destroy this

2090 - present day

Finally, after numerous tries, we present...

Episode 10: The Rescue of Natallian Kerman (or, On With The Show!)

Using the Kerbal Rescue II, we launch from Sandy Peninsula, Kerfrica, into orbit. We then rendezvous with Natallian, who grudgingly hops in. After the ride she plants a flag known as "Nattalian's Return". What could that mean?

On 9/9/2018 at 9:19 AM, HansonKerman said:

Darbels finish first rocket, a time capsule named Backup One (missing piece of history naming Backup TwoBackup Three and Backup Four)

:kiss:

this'll be interesting if they find the sattelites!

On 9/9/2018 at 9:19 AM, HansonKerman said:

TX

i wonder if kerbals use this for warp drives.

Hey, @HansonKerman, regarding videos:

(Just some friendly advice. Don't take this as an offence.)

If your computer can't handle the visual mods, you might want to try uninstalling the mods, than reinstalling them after Seeker is over.

Also try to film stuff in broad daylight; that is, don't film them when in the shadow of a planet or moon. It makes it hard to see anything.

You might also want to F2 them while filming. It takes all the nasty UI away. It gives a better aesthetic appearance.

You can also cut audio and video in iMovie with Command-B. You can then delete the unwanted bit. Make sure you already have the right item selected when you press Command-B, or else the video file may be cut instead! If that happens, press Command-Z to undo.

Edited by Ho Lam Kerman

21 hours ago, Pascovian said:

i wonder if kerbals use this for warp drives.

According to @Matt Lowne, TX is the byproduct of the infinite energy.

Kerbals do nat have warp yet, they will make it at the very end of the story.

7 hours ago, Ho Lam Kerman said:

You might also want to F2 them while filming. It takes all the nasty UI away. It gives a better aesthetic appearance.

I got everything except that. This is what's hard for me. I can't do that without completely destroying my sense of direction. Elaborate plz?

Chapter 11 - 'Twas the Night Before The First Day of the Rest of Your Life

being the last chapter of book 1

The engineer's bunk was comfy-cozy, very nice, just as all KASA sleeping quarters were. Mine? I share mine with guess-who. I'm not very comfortable around her. I have an old dictionary. I found an interesting word that describes the vibe well.

fore·bod·ing
fôrˈbōdiNG/
noun
noun: foreboding; plural noun: forebodings
  1. 1. 
    fearful apprehension; a feeling that something bad will happen.
    "with a sense of foreboding she read the note"
    synonyms: apprehension, anxiety, trepidation, disquiet, unease, uneasiness, misgiving, suspicion, worry, fear, fearfulness, dread, alarm; More

antonyms: calm
adjective
adjective: foreboding
  1. 1. 
    implying or seeming to imply that something bad is going to happen.
    "when the doctor spoke, his voice was dark and foreboding"

She has a very foreboding vibe. I have a nice bunk, though. But today she acted weirder than usual.

ihZpxZ4.png 

(we were getting snacks, the white stripe is some kind of cam glitch.)

"I'm not feeling so... wooo!!"

"What?" I asked, with more concern than I felt.

That's when I started hearing panicked screaming.

"What's going on?!" I screamed.

"Huh?"

You screamed...

"Um, are you hearing things?"

And she bolted.

She ran and ran until suddenly, she fell, threw up, and disappeared. Poofed. 

Igbvclp.png

(I hope you can see that, it's very faint)

And just like that, she was gone. And in her place were 2 Kerbals.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Natallian

I ran. In my mind, I screamed in terror and pain. My head felt like it would split. Suddenly, the pain kicked up to Jool-size. And I fell. It was the blackest night, so no one saw me throw up. And just like that, a flash of light, a beacon, I call it now, shot into the air. I couldn't help it, I looked. My head seared with hot pain, but I didn't care. And, as I hear from my former bunkmate, I poofed.

And in my place were two Kerbals. One's intention was blacker than that night. The other's? Filled with happieness.

Thus ends Book One: Rescue.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:57 PM, HansonKerman said:

Kranz stood in the TS at night. Suddenly, a transmission came in. When he finished reading, he searched the newly expanded R&D Archives. Sure enough, there was a Kerbal named Ho Lam Kerman who disappeared after the combustion of Habring. Kranz searched up "Kerbal Ghosts" on the KerbPro Browser...

huh, i wonder what happened next.

back to the theme, i actually like that chapter, but some words are really hard to guess out.

when will custom kerbals make their apparition?

Just now, Pascovian said:

when will custom kerbals make their apparition?

@Ho Lam Kerman and I have already appeared, @The Minmus Derp will appear in the next book, and you and @DeltaDizzy... I'm not quite sure. I'm planning @Earthlinger to be Liam's apprentice.

2 minutes ago, Pascovian said:

but some words are really hard to guess out.

Which ones?

2 minutes ago, Pascovian said:

huh, i wonder what happened next.

Find out!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.