The food you're craving right now...

adsii1970

On 3/16/2019 at 12:07 PM, Lo Var Lachland said:

That sounds good as we...WAIT A MINUTE...

Moderator?

Yes...

50 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

I had no idea. 

I'm still the same goofy person. Been a moderator for about a month now... I think!?

1 minute ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

I want a Hawaiian pizza with extra bacon, garlic bread, ham, and a crapton of cheese. Mmmm...

That sounds good, but add jalapeños to mine. Love the whole sweet and hot offset... :sticktongue:

2 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

That sounds good, but add jalapeños to mine. Love the whole sweet and hot offset... :sticktongue:

What you really want is green chile. Japapeño is just sorta hot. Green chile has flavor, AND heat. Green chile is on most pizza we order, as well as most cheeseburgers (a burger without GC is unthinkable here).

(don't get me wrong, I eat all kinds pf peppers, but green chile is so much tastier as a variety)

8 minutes ago, tater said:

What you really want is green chile. Japapeño is just sorta hot. Green chile has flavor, AND heat. Green chile is on most pizza we order, as well as most cheeseburgers (a burger without GC is unthinkable here).

(don't get me wrong, I eat all kinds pf peppers, but green chile is so much tastier as a variety)

Oh, I agree with that. But IF I did order that...the rest of my family would rebel. :) SO we compromise.

But on Friday mornings, I always have a bacon, mushroom, onion, and green chili omelette... :D

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Now I'm craving salmon locks on cream cheese, sandwiched between two bagel halves. 

Curse you @Geonovast !

..... Crap I am now too thanks to this. 

• 2 years later...
On 11/26/2021 at 12:52 PM, tater said:

We almost always have bagels and lox on hand. Mmmm.

We do, too. Plain bagels are preferred by me. But wife and daughter prefer those (nasty :huh:) "everything" bagels.

1608850.jpg

I like mine lightly toasted, sometimes with some light butter or cream cheese and some sort of berry jam. A meal to itself.

There are days I crave tea, kind of like today. Earl Grey has been what I've wanted to drink most of the day. :)

24 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

We do, too. Plain bagels are preferred by me. But wife and daughter prefer those (nasty :huh:) "everything" bagels.

1608850.jpg

I like mine lightly toasted, sometimes with some light butter or cream cheese and some sort of berry jam. A meal to itself.

There are days I crave tea, kind of like today. Earl Grey has been what I've wanted to drink most of the day. :)

"Everything" bagels, LOL.

1637948675-20211126.png

For me it's cinnamon raisin or blueberry if I'm just having cream cheese on it, plain if I'm going savory.

---------------------------

But, now that Thanksgiving is over, what am I craving?

1383933292857.jpeg

Edited by TheSaint

57 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

The best bagels are green chile bagels.

Basically a plain with some chopped green chile in the dough. Not much, just enough. Have to go to Ruthie's to get them, though. They do red chile as well, which makes them look legit red, and really has a good red chile flavor, but I prefer the green chile with lox—it's sorta like adding a little red onion, but the bite is a chile bite instead of the black pepper sensation from red onion slices (but green chile also has some sweetness, like the onion would).

1 hour ago, TheSaint said:

For me it's cinnamon raisin or blueberry if I'm just having cream cheese on it, plain if I'm going savory.

Oh, I forgot about the cinnamon-raisin ones! Those are great! Again, just slightly toasted and with a little cream cheese.

10 minutes ago, tater said:

The best bagels are green chile bagels.

Basically a plain with some chopped green chile in the dough. Not much, just enough. Have to go to Ruthie's to get them, though. They do red chile as well, which makes them look legit red, and really has a good red chile flavor, but I prefer the green chile with lox—it's sorta like adding a little red onion, but the bite is a chile bite instead of the black pepper sensation from red onion slices (but green chile also has some sweetness, like the onion would).

I have never heard of that before. Starts looking in the cookbook for bagel recipes... It sounds really good!

Right now I'm seriously craving a big bowl of bean soup I've got cooking in my crockpot.
Unfortunately the beans aren't quite cooked down yet, so I've got to sit here and suffer for a couple more hours  

Edited by Just Jim

1 minute ago, Just Jim said:

Right now I'm seriously craving a big bowl of been soup I've got cooking in my crockpot.
Unfortunately the beans aren't quite cooked down yet, so I've got to sit here and suffer for a couple more hours  

As the saying goes, a crockpot never boils! :D

8 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Right now I'm seriously craving a big bowl of bean soup I've got cooking in my crockpot.

speaking of beans, a big pot of chili sounds good right now

8 hours ago, Staticalliam7 said:

speaking of beans, a big pot of chili sounds good right now

Yes, and with fresh homemade cornbread.

My daughter is not a "traditional" breakfast kind of kid. This morning, she had leftover chili and fresh cornbread for breakfast. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.