[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

[quote name='cybutek']There's a whole interface devoted to key binding in 1.0.19.x that can be accessed via an option under the 'Settings' button on the Build Engineer in the editor. Because of the above issue where the backslash as been hijacked, I have felt it fit to leave the key-binds unbound as the default, so must be manually set. This will be until a decent alternative default binding is decided upon.[/QUOTE]Latest I heard is that backslash can be remapped through KSP's [I]settings.cfg[/I] but is not listed in the UI. It would be rather hackish, but perhaps KER could have an option "Disable Backslash Camera Look" or similar, to help players retain the old behaviour without having to do manual file edits.

(FWIW the same undisplayed keybinding thing applies to the modifier key.)

As for a new binding, maybe one of the F-keys that isn't already used by KSP?

[quote name='cantab']Latest I heard is that backslash can be remapped through KSP's [I]settings.cfg[/I] but is not listed in the UI.[/QUOTE]

You are correct that 1.0.18 requires a config edit, but the initial question was in regards to 1.0.19 which does indeed include a whole UI devoted to it. Being as the whole key bind system was created by me, it stands to reason that I should know how it works :D

[quote name='Aethon']I think you can add them to one of the display windows in the settings menu.[/QUOTE]

Yes. The window is there it is just that the values are not "functioning". Atmospheric Efficiency always shows 0 and Terminal Velocity shows NaN. Anyone else using KER and FAR can confirm this?

I got this game 2 months ago and found it interesting but bewildering. I figured out the science and all that, but it wasnt until I installed KER that I really enjoyed this game. Before KER, I didnt even know what delta-V was, even after doing dozens of launches in campaign.

Can anyone explain in fairly straight-forward steps how to get ANY version of KER to work with 1.0.5? I dont really follow what is being discussed here but I really enjoy this mod and I cant really play KSP without it. Im not interested in "jumping ship" to MechJeb or whatever else...

TL;DR - Got a quick-and-easy checklist to make KER work on 1.0.5?

[quote name='Bungus2Bungus']TL;DR - Got a quick-and-easy checklist to make KER work on 1.0.5?[/QUOTE]
1. Go here: [url]https://github.com/CYBUTEK/KerbalEngineer[/url]
2. Click "Download ZIP" at lower right.
3. Open the zip and navigate to the "Output" folder.
4. Copy the "KerbalEngineer" folder from there to your GameData folder.
5. Enjoy!

must say this is one of those critical must have mods but, i will wait until its out on ckan ....it is eventual gonna be released on ckan.....[SIZE=1]right[/SIZE] ........yes of course why would the modder not do that stop worrying hawk it will be fine.

(hits the refresh button)

I haven't played 1.0.5 much either, because I'm waiting on this mod to update. This is why this kind of stuff should be integrated into the core game. We become too dependent on authors of mods we need - and then they go play Fallout 4, have exams, have a baby, get married or something - all of sudden you can't play the game because a certain vital mod is not updated.

Squad should take note and implement this feature already, even if optional and off by default only.

[quote name='ctbram']Can someone please describe what I need to do to get the \ to toggle KER on and off back please? I cannot find these config menus nor do I know what to change even if I find them[/QUOTE]

It's one of the best hidden options page in all of KSP Modding. I have done it several times and I can't even remember all the steps.

I do remember that you need to be in the VAB, and then you need to edit the layout of the buttons. One of the buttons you can add is "Options" or something like that. Once you've added the button, you exit out of that part of KER and then the button is on your KER window.

I think you are confusing it with the option to switch between 6 and 24 hour days. That did used to be quite deviously hidden. To make \ toggle the displays again you need to unset the stock mouse look setting and then set it and one of these requires a text file edit.

I'm pretty sure that Cybutek posted details of this in the last few pages of the thread.

[quote name='hawk_za']must say this is one of those critical must have mods but, i will wait until its out on ckan ....it is eventual gonna be released on ckan.....[SIZE=1]right[/SIZE] ........yes of course why would the modder not do that stop worrying hawk it will be fine.

(hits the refresh button)[/QUOTE] Things are so much easier with CKAN. But then they become that much harder when you want something before it shows up in CKAN, since you need to do the (not hard) install, then remove it when CKAN finally does have it.
Hmm, OK, you've convinced me. I'll just install it without CKAN. Dang.

[quote name='Red Iron Crown']1. Go here: [URL]https://github.com/CYBUTEK/KerbalEngineer[/URL]
2. Click "Download ZIP" at lower right.
3. Open the zip and navigate to the "Output" folder.
4. Copy the "KerbalEngineer" folder from there to your GameData folder.
5. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks RIC.

[quote name='hawk_za']must say this is one of those critical must have mods but, i will wait until its out on ckan ....it is eventual gonna be released on ckan.....[SIZE=1]right[/SIZE] ........yes of course why would the modder not do that stop worrying hawk it will be fine.

(hits the refresh button)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tfin']Things are so much easier with CKAN. But then they become that much harder when you want something before it shows up in CKAN, since you need to do the (not hard) install, then remove it when CKAN finally does have it.
Hmm, OK, you've convinced me. I'll just install it without CKAN. Dang.[/QUOTE]

We never install development builds via CKAN, only stable/released versions of a mod. This has been this way for a long time, and will remain that way.

[quote name='Olympic1']We never install development builds via CKAN, only stable/released versions of a mod. This has been this way for a long time, and will remain that way.[/QUOTE]

that is a fair statement and i thank the devs of the plugin for that you guys rock goodness know i would not know how to even start to program a pluginn this complicated and just dont enjoy broken pluginns so i will indeed wait ..it is good to know work progresses though keep up the awesome work and know that i appreciate it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.