[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

28 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Odd question maybe, but does anyone know of any alternate part models besides the 2 it comes with?

They are both rather large and sometimes I'd like to use something smaller or even just different looking.

I know MechJeb has some alternate models if you look around for them, was hoping maybe some 3rd party made a couple for KER. Thanks in advance!

I just stick the chip in between a couple parts in the stack so that you can't see it.  Although I have oopsed a couple times and had it on the wrong side of a decoupler.

7 minutes ago, Chakat Firepaw said:

I just stick the chip in between a couple parts in the stack so that you can't see it.  Although I have oopsed a couple times and had it on the wrong side of a decoupler.

I've been doing this as well lol.

I mean don't get me wrong I love the tape recorder model, but just only on certain things like stations.

I remember when I first started using Kerbal Engineer and I kept trying to figure out the difference between the chip and the tape deck so for a while I was slapping them both on everything because I figured they did different things lol!

1 hour ago, Padishar said:

It hasn't been officially released as being 1.0.5 compatible because there are still some issues.  The "silent update" refers to the update that Squad released to 1.0.5.  It was originally released as 1.0.5.1024 but then Squad released 1.0.5.1028 without really telling anyone (hence the silent).  Where does it say "Prep for 1.0.7 release"?

On https://github.com/CYBUTEK/KerbalEngineer/tree/master/Output/KerbalEngineer read description from Presets ;) i know i know is old description but still was to good to not use is in actual content like a small joke :) but who know my be we will have soooooon tm a KSP 1.0.7 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay... Why is this happening

R9qdZ44

zPNHLZm

using KER 1.0.18 in KSP 1.0.5.  This doesn't always happen, but when it does, I rage.

Sometime my laptop (integrated graphics... ughhh) crashes in game and somehow the save gets corrupted, so I've been keeping a backup savegame folder elsewhere on my HDD.  I copy/paste the working save when I need to.  Could this be part of the problem? I have no other ideas.

Edited by JayPee
images didnt seem to display

I've used KER and consider it an essential tool.  Thanks for the work.  However, I'm using CKAN and as we know CKAN lists KER as incompatible with KSP 1.0.5.  Therefore, I manually install it since I know it works with 1.0.5.

The online readme file states:

Installation

• Copy the 'KerbalEngineer' folder into the 'GameData' folder located within your Kerbal Space Program installation directory.
  • The 'Parts' folder including the 'ER7500' and 'EngineerChip' is optional and are only required if running in module mode.

When I open the KerbalEngineer-master.zip, the first thing I see is a list with a 'KerbalEngineer' folder.  Eureka, I think...that's the folder I need to copy into the KSP 'Gamedata' folder, as per the instructions.  There is no 'Parts' folder at that level nor at the level below that in 'KerbalEngineer'.  So, I was a little baffled but persevered.

When I started KSP and loaded my save, every vessel could not be loaded since it was missing the KER parts.

Did I really miss something or should the explanation in the readme file specifically mention the 'KerbalEngineer' folder beneath the 'Output' folder.

The instructions in the readme are referring to the normal release distribution zip which is packaged differently.  If you have downloaded the one of the entire GIT repository then, yes, you need to copy the KerbalEngineer folder from the Output folder.

I've been using ckan to install any mods so far but I noticed this wasn't on the ckan list so I decided to manually install it since the instructions show it as a really simple 1-file copy/paste. Everything installed no problem and works great but I have a question that I've searched all over for and can't find the answer to.

In the settings menu there is an option just under flight engineer activation mode titled "Flight Engineer Career Limitations." The two selectable option buttons are Kerbal and tracking. I know how the activation mode works but what exactly does this career limitations option do? Thanks for any help :) 

@Elway358 Those options limit the availability of engineer data in flight. The "Kerbal" option makes it available when an engineer kerbal is aboard the vessel, the "Tracking" option makes it available to all vessels when the Tracking Center is upgraded (I forget which tier, though). Otherwise a KER part is required for in-flight data.

59 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

@Elway358 Those options limit the availability of engineer data in flight. The "Kerbal" option makes it available when an engineer kerbal is aboard the vessel, the "Tracking" option makes it available to all vessels when the Tracking Center is upgraded (I forget which tier, though). Otherwise a KER part is required for in-flight data.

Oooh, I gotcha now. They're basically a further level of customization if you choose to lock KER behind the career progression. Thanks for the info!

Version 1.0.19.3 is now available! - Get it here!

Sorry for the long delay on getting out a release viable version, but it's now here :) 

Fixed: Fuel cross-feed from surface attached parts.

Rebuild for KSP 1.0.5.1028 silent update.

Added: Key binding editor accessible under 'Settings' on the Build Engineer.
    Added: Added current vessel name readout. (antplant)
    Added: 'Relative Radial Velocity' and 'Time To Rendezvous' readouts. (itwtx)
    Added: Readout help strings. (harryyoung)
    Changed: The 'Torque' value in the editor is now precise to two decimal places.
    Changed: Time formatting reference (Kerbin/Earth) is now based on the in-game setting.
    Changed: Eccentric Anomaly, Mean Anomaly and Mean Anomaly At Epoc now display in degrees rather than radians.
    Fixed: Optimised time formatting. (itwtx)
    Fixed: TimeToAtmosphere checks that the Apoapsis is outside atmosphere. (Kerbas-ad-astra)
    Fixed: Issue with stage priority flow. Caused Rapier calculations to fail if LF and O are drawn from different tanks. (Padishar)
    Fixed: Issue with angle to prograde/retrograde calculations on highly inclined orbits.
    Fixed: Editor input locks not being reset when a scene change is forced (e.g. via Kerbal Construction Time).
    Fixed: Roll axis readout now shows the correct sign.
    Removed: Time Formatter readout as it's not required anymore.

Can't seem to be able to find a way to display my vessel's current/potential electrical or battery charge.  Am I missing something?  I've looked through the available selections for the various HUDs and nothing pops out as any of these.  The lone MechJeb window open to show me my total electrical charge works in a pinch though.

Appreciate the work! However, since it's not fixed in the update I'll just kindly remind again - basically the fairing hack code in PartSim.cs needs to be removed because stock bug was fixed in 1.0.5. Right now fairing mass is double counted and cause delta V calculation wrong. Details here in my earlier reply.

6 hours ago, SupBrah said:

Can't seem to be able to find a way to display my vessel's current/potential electrical or battery charge.  Am I missing something?  I've looked through the available selections for the various HUDs and nothing pops out as any of these.  The lone MechJeb window open to show me my total electrical charge works in a pinch though.

The resource panel?

3 hours ago, FancyMouse said:

Appreciate the work! However, since it's not fixed in the update I'll just kindly remind again - basically the fairing hack code in PartSim.cs needs to be removed because stock bug was fixed in 1.0.5. Right now fairing mass is double counted and cause delta V calculation wrong. Details here in my earlier reply.

Sorry...  I'll try to get the fix in ASAP.  Your original post is many pages back and there was no issue filed on GitHub so it just got lost amongst the noise.

I kindly ask that anyone else with bug reports that were also lost in the noise let me know, so they can all be packaged into the same update.

Edited by cybutek

On 1/18/2016 at 2:54 PM, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Odd question maybe, but does anyone know of any alternate part models besides the 2 it comes with?

They are both rather large and sometimes I'd like to use something smaller or even just different looking.

I know MechJeb has some alternate models if you look around for them, was hoping maybe some 3rd party made a couple for KER. Thanks in advance!

SInce I have several other mods installed that also use only one or two parts, I use a mod called Modular Computer Package ... It already has a "chip" for KER...

I'm kind of playing around with doing some different models for this mod, for my own use...

Edited by Stone Blue

Thanks for this great mod and the updates. I just updated my install a few minutes ago and everything works fine but I do have a small question. I just removed the entire existing kerbal engineer file from my KSP gamedata folder and put the updated one in it. The only tiny issue I had was I had to re-add a few lines of info back to my floating huds to get them back how I had them and change back to partless mode(basically put my settings back how I had them).

This is extremely minor things to have to redo but out of curiosity, is there something I can do to retain those settings when I update to a new version? Thanks very much for any info :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.