[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

28 minutes ago, Elway358 said:

Thanks for this great mod and the updates. I just updated my install a few minutes ago and everything works fine but I do have a small question. I just removed the entire existing kerbal engineer file from my KSP gamedata folder and put the updated one in it. The only tiny issue I had was I had to re-add a few lines of info back to my floating huds to get them back how I had them and change back to partless mode(basically put my settings back how I had them).

This is extremely minor things to have to redo but out of curiosity, is there something I can do to retain those settings when I update to a new version? Thanks very much for any info :) 

You can back-up the settings files within the folder at /GameData/KerbalEngineer/Settings/

:)

2 minutes ago, cybutek said:

You can back-up the settings files within the folder at /GameData/KerbalEngineer/Settings/

I could have sworn I looked and looked and didn't see a settings file but yeah, it's there >.<  That did the trick. Thanks so much for the reply!

On 2016-02-10 at 7:00 PM, cybutek said:

hi, it's some problems with radial tanks after update, when i add radial tank it's add more delta, but they not connected in any way. And dont drain fuel from them. :) i find out when smashed a lander in duna :D he supposed to have 3000dv and after few hundreds shut down cuz all other tanks was radial :D 

6 hours ago, Skylar' said:

hi, it's some problems with radial tanks after update, when i add radial tank it's add more delta, but they not connected in any way. And dont drain fuel from them. :) i find out when smashed a lander in duna :D he supposed to have 3000dv and after few hundreds shut down cuz all other tanks was radial :D 

Looking into this issue right now.

Version 1.0.19.4 is now available! - Get it here!

Fixed: Only 'STAGE_STACK_FLOW' and 'STAGE_STACK_FLOW_BALANCE' resources include surface mounted parts as fuel targets.
    Fixed: Fairing mass being doubled in the VAB (removed workaround for a KSP bug which has been fixed).

1 hour ago, cybutek said:

Version 1.0.19.4 is now available! - Get it here!

Fixed: Only 'STAGE_STACK_FLOW' and 'STAGE_STACK_FLOW_BALANCE' resources include surface mounted parts as fuel targets.
    Fixed: Fairing mass being doubled in the VAB (removed workaround for a KSP bug which has been fixed).

here is another one if u interested. old and quite annoying one. :D

something that doesn't let u interact only with anything  else when cursor on hud(only lets u interact with the hud)

also, sometimes don't let interact with these parts that are in rocket/plane assembly

when that happens u have to turn off hud before removing any part and turn on it again. :) 

12 hours ago, MatterBeam said:

Hi!

Is there any way to include the 'ignore for isp' feature for massless propellants, as in MechJeb, for dV calculations?

Massless propellants are already ignored when calculating Isp.

Hi,

First, thanks for the great mod, which I've been using happily for a very long time.

I'm experiencing difficulties with the last version (1.0.19.4) though: the problem is that in the delta-v readouts, the number of stages fluctuates over time, without any staging occurring (it even happens in the editor while doing nothing or just moving the camera). I should note that I'm using RSS/RO/RP-0, but until this version, problems were very minor (mostly just delta-v for the current/last stage displayed as 0, and only in-flight).

Cheers

21 minutes ago, TauPhraim said:

Hi,

First, thanks for the great mod, which I've been using happily for a very long time.

I'm experiencing difficulties with the last version (1.0.19.4) though: the problem is that in the delta-v readouts, the number of stages fluctuates over time, without any staging occurring (it even happens in the editor while doing nothing or just moving the camera). I should note that I'm using RSS/RO/RP-0, but until this version, problems were very minor (mostly just delta-v for the current/last stage displayed as 0, and only in-flight).

Cheers

Is it possible you can reproduce with an 'as simple as required' stock vessel, then provide the craft file which I can use to debug?

If that's not possible, does it only happen with RSS/RO/RP-0 installed?

If it is related to an incompatibility with another mod (RSS/RO/RP-0) I will need to know exactly which mod (on its own) causes the issue, with reproduction steps and/or the simplest craft that reproduces the issue.

Since updating to this current version I have random dV numbers when building a craft. Nothing has changed in my game.....im looking at my current build with nothing added or changed however KER now flicks between numbers like crazy? Any ideas?

edit.....tried manually installing this update to see if it was a CKAN issue and its not. will try mechjeb as i want to see what Dv i have. ATM, KER gives me so many random numbers it looks like a strobe light. hopefully this can be fixed

Edited by maceemiller

Just now, maceemiller said:

Since updating to this current version I have random dV numbers when building a craft. Nothing has changed in my game.....im looking at my current build with nothing added or changed however KER now flicks between numbers like crazy? Any ideas?

I suppose this is with Real Fuels, and not with a completely stock game with only KER installed?

1 hour ago, MatterBeam said:

I suppose this is with Real Fuels, and not with a completely stock game with only KER installed?

nope, . i dont like real fuels. heres all the mods im using. This morning it all worked fine. Tonight ive switched on, updated KER, booted up KSP and its not working...

000_toolbar
BetterBurnTime
Chatterer
DistantObject
EngineLight
FerramAerospaceResearch
KerbalEngineer
KerbalEngineer-master
KerbalJointReinforcement
ModularFlightIntergrator
NavBallTextureExport
NavyFish
notes
PlanetShine
PreciseNode
RealPlume
SmokeScreen
Squad
StockVisualEnhancements
TextureReplacer
TweakScale
VenStockRevamp

tried MechJeb again but much prefer KER. Looking forward to finding out what the issue is as im not liking playing without it.....

Edited by maceemiller

1 hour ago, MatterBeam said:

I have the same kind of problems, with RealFuels. Since I have the full RO suite, I'm afraid to break my install trying to remove mods one by one (as they depend on eachother a lot).

There are 2 problems:

- some stages are "stacked together". Say stage 1 has 1000dv, stage 2 has 500dv, and stage 3 has 200dv, sometimes it shows you things correctly, but sometimes things like stage1:1000, stage2:700.

- there is also some "flickering" but not always. I think it's not flickering with completely incorrect values, but it's flickering betwee the "stacked stages" and normal (this is why I initially thought stages just disappeared)

19 minutes ago, TauPhraim said:

I have the same kind of problems, with RealFuels. Since I have the full RO suite, I'm afraid to break my install trying to remove mods one by one (as they depend on eachother a lot).

There are 2 problems:

- some stages are "stacked together". Say stage 1 has 1000dv, stage 2 has 500dv, and stage 3 has 200dv, sometimes it shows you things correctly, but sometimes things like stage1:1000, stage2:700.

- there is also some "flickering" but not always. I think it's not flickering with completely incorrect values, but it's flickering betwee the "stacked stages" and normal (this is why I initially thought stages just disappeared)

For dV, I always find MechJeb to give more reliable calculations.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.