Yet Another New Member

BadRocket

Hi all,

Lurking for awhile, I didn't want to sign up here unless I had something to contribute. I finally do: I have a new Add-on that I think might be useful. I'd prefer not to mention the details yet, until it can have a proper announcement in the "Add-on Releases" board with screenshots and sources and stuff.

I'm all set to upload it - But, rules are rules, and I can't start a topic until I have 5 posts. So, how to fill up the time...About me:

• I started KSP in January 2018 on v1.3.1. Paid the full price of $40 (on Steam). Worth every penny. Worth LOTS more pennies. 10/10 would buy again
  • After a couple of months, I switched exclusively to RealSolarSystem in sandbox mode (*thank you* NathanKell, Sarbian, Thomas P, Sigma88, PhineasFreak, Ferram, et al)
  • I've rage-quit a few times.
  • Except for visual mods, I play mostly a stock installation
  • PC specs:
    • Core i7 5820K (6-core) @ 4.5 GHz, 64 GB memory
    • EVGA GTX 1070, 1440p monitor
    • Triple-RAID SSD + M.2 drive
    • Custom rigid watercooling + 2x 360 radiators
  • At this point, I pretty much don't consider KSP to be a "casual game" anymore, just like you, since you are here on this forum reading this post.

If you actually read all of this - thanks! I hope it was interesting. Also, I (and probably the other lurkers) appreciate all the helpful & entertaining content that everyone posts here.

4 more to go...

Hello, and welcome to the forums!  :)

7 hours ago, BadRocket said:

I can't start a topic until I have 5 posts.

Huh?  Sure you can-- it just needs moderator approval, like any other post, until you've got your five.  In fact, you just did start a topic-- this thread right here!  I'm confused.

In any case, here you are, and welcome!  Looking forward to your mod, whatever it turns out to be.  :)

2 hours ago, Snark said:

Huh?  Sure you can-- it just needs moderator approval, like any other post, until you've got your five.  In fact, you just did start a topic-- this thread right here!  I'm confused.

I misread the warning that is given to new users   *shrug*

5VSqQgN.png

Not the best start on a new forum. Sorry.

2 hours ago, BadRocket said:

Believe me. I had seen a lot worse! :D 

13 hours ago, BadRocket said:

I've rage-quit a few times.

If you don't rage quit KSP now and then, you are not playing it properly! :) 

Don't miss the "What is your most facepalm-worthy moment regarding KSP?" thread. It's… therapeutic. :sticktongue:

10 hours ago, BadRocket said:

I misread the warning that is given to new users   *shrug*

5VSqQgN.png

Hey, you've got a long way to go if you want to try for worst start on the forums. I suggest linking spam- it's easy, annoying, ans against the rules! :D

Welcome aboard!

On 1/5/2019 at 2:04 AM, BadRocket said:

Lurking for awhile, I didn't want to sign up here unless I had something to contribute. I finally do: I have a new Add-on that I think might be useful.

For any future readers of this thread, just so it doesn't look like I flaked out, I uploaded my mod "Telemetria" to SpaceDock:

https://spacedock.info/mod/2048/Telemetria

1 hour ago, BadRocket said:

For any future readers of this thread, just so it doesn't look like I flaked out, I uploaded my mod "Telemetria" to SpaceDock:

https://spacedock.info/mod/2048/Telemetria

You might want to create a thread in the "Add-On Releases" Subforum.  Not many people will see it here.

Also, welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard, mate...

Sometimes, KSP tests your patience, if you're new, don't use RSS except if you got Real scale parts, KSP also "tests your faith", if you're strong, not even 100 failures will stop you from...say...Jool 5 mission.

Good Luck and have fun, May The Dres be with You.

On 1/14/2019 at 6:46 AM, GRS said:

if you're new, don't use RSS except if you got Real scale parts, KSP also "tests your faith", if you're strong, not even 100 failures will stop you from...say...Jool 5 mission.

Heh, reminds me of my very first launch in RSS... I took my biggest, baddest rocket, I mean a "Tylo sample return mission" monstrosity, and launched it unmodified from Florida. It didn't even make it to Puerto Rico, it was so hilarious to me that I took a screenshot:

m1A1Xx6.png

(note: this was my very first RSS install/test, before I had figured out clouds and configs and stuff. It looks much better now.)

But I've been doing RealSolarSystem ever since then, and now duplicating an Apollo mission down to the small details has become second nature.

Funny thing is, when I was recently testing my add-on in the stock Kerbin game (to confirm it worked in all configurations), I was reminded how fun vanilla KSP is again! Launching from 0° latitude spoils you, but I had forgotten how accessible and entertaining the stock game can be.