A "KSP Loading..." Preview: Protective Nose Cone Mk12A & Mk16A

SQUAD

13 minutes ago, Ozymandias_the_Goat said:

Well, I don’t feel like every tank needs an orange version. Of course, it is nice and I would even say neccecary for some tanks, except that this are literally the only tanks in the game which don’t have orange.

Also, every tank needs a pure white variant. I cannot say how much it annoys me when the “white” variants of tanks have grey stripes on them.

I'm not saying all tanks, I'm saying all large tanks i.e. 3.75m and 5m, since those are most comparable to the tanks used on the Space Shuttle and SLS.

4 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

We have engine variants with different drag cubes, couldn't we have one nose cone per size and then have variants for pointy, standard, and hemisphere?

As I understand it, not if they're going to contain fuel.

3 hours ago, MechBFP said:

I want a 1.25m engine plate. Gotta find a use for those 0.625 engines somehow. 

Add your vote, please.

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/21314

12 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I thought you couldn't change the amount of fuel, but they could HAVE fuel.

Sure, I believe it works like that.   I suppose if you imagine the hemisphere (smallest) shape being inside the other shapes, such that whaever fuel amount is chosen for the hemispehere is used for the cones, and the cones then theoretically have some empty space in them.

I think, with the nose cone shapes they are settling on, that keeping or making it Kerbal must be more important.  I had hoped to see a more "RL" matching shape as an option for the 2.5m line. (I made this comparison picture for the December thread explaining v1.6.)   But even if I got my wish in 2.5m, the stock shuttle parts are 3.5m.   Still, I am happy to see the overhaul work continue, I will definitely enjoy using the parts.

ace1RN3.jpg

Edited by basic.syntax

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.