Rational Resources 2.0.6 [Apr 02, 2024]

JadeOfMaar

Release 1.17.0

DOWNLOAD :: GitHub :: SpaceDock

• Added water vapor atmosphere templates: AtmSteam (pure), AtmSteamC (featuring Carbon compounds), AtmSteamN (featuring Nitrogen compounds).
  • Adjusted stock Mun's polar water presence: moved from Polar Crater to Polar Lowlands. This will break water miners landed in Polar Crater.
  • Minor adjustment to SCANsat resource color overlays.
  • Fixed filename issue: AtmVulcan was accidentally named AtmSulfur.
  • Fixed Deuterium issue in AtmIceNitrogen template.

New Update, new errors...

Also need additional edits to GameData/RationalResources/CRP/Grounded_OreTanks.cfg to avoid MM errors when using Grounded with RR.

Need to add    :FOR[RationalResourcesParts]    to end of first line and add   @RROreTank = isSet     to near beginning (between lines 3-8) so first few lines should look similar to this

// Grounded
@PART[container]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,CommunityResourcePack,Grounded,!ClassicStock,!ConfigurableContainers/Parts]:FOR[RationalResourcesParts]
{
	refVolume = #$RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$
	@refVolume *= 5
	@RROreTank = isSet
	!RESOURCE[Ore] {}
	MODULE
	{
}

Prevents error when GameData/RationalResources/CRP/Opt-in_OreTanks.cfg tries to repeat the patch on the same part later.

On 4/6/2021 at 5:42 PM, Coyote21 said:

GameData/RationalResources/CRP/Grounded_OreTanks.cfg

That needs to be deleted entirely. It's obsolete and redundant after GameData/RationalResources/CRP/Opt-in_OreTanks.cfg

I'm sorry for that Ore tank problem. It should be very much gone now.

Release 1.17.1

• Added Graviolium module to RR Scanner Green.
  • Adjusted CoreHeat curve for Stockalike Mining Expansion's 3.75m (RefineOre Y-3000) Convert-O-Tron.
  • Fixed Ore Tank patch problems. (Includes file-deletion.)
  • Fixed double-addition of modules to Squad convert-O-Trons.
  • Other adjustments to Squad and RR Convert-O-Trons.
  • Some of these fixes by @flart.
Edited by JadeOfMaar

On 3/16/2021 at 4:26 AM, Darkherring said:

Unfortunately, I still have issues with Kerbalism and RR. I'm unable to choose proper processes in Convert-O-Trons

b0SrLpD.jpeg

Here is my LOG if needed: https://we.tl/t-hrikVwu69T

Would you be installing RationalResources through CKAN? It doesn't install the RationalResourcesKerbalism folder. I found that when troubleshooting an install.

However, even with a fresh install and manually installing the mods (all the latest versions from today, Kerbalism 3.13 and RR 1.17.1) I get a NullReferenceException spam in the logs when placing an ISRU in the VAB or in flight with RR and Kerbalism installed. The ISRUs also have a massive menu, larger than what you get when installing RR without Kerbalism. 

Snippets from the log:

Environment Info
Unix 7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  Args: KSP.x86_64 

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
ModuleManager v4.1.4.0
0Harmony v2.0.4.0
HarmonyInstallChecker v1.0.0.0
B9PartSwitch v2.18.0.0 / vv2.18.0
KerbalismBootstrap v3.13.7746.36225 / v3.13

Folders and files in GameData:
000_Harmony
B9PartSwitch
CommunityResourcePack
Kerbalism
KerbalismConfig
RationalResources
RationalResourcesKerbalism
RationalResourcesParts
Stock folder: Squad

ModuleManager.4.1.4.dll

And the NullReferenceException (always the same)

[EXC 13:10:42.448] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KERBALISM.ProcessController.Update () (at <c01b58fa9151425eac28bc1f9ddf5307>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Let me know if you want the full log, it is 2.1Mb.

Edited by DragonRoco
Clarified latest version of mods installed.

I have extremely weird selection of mod, b9partswitch, interstellar, interstellar fuel switch, rational resources, rr squad fuel tank patches and cryotanks. Is there any way to let IFS to switch to rational resource preset? IFS Metalox is metahane+lqd oxygen, not oxidizer, I cannot use methane rocket engine with that. I don't know if I should post this to rational resource or IFS thread.

Edit: fix: install interstellar through ckan and install IFS core only (NOT IFS) should allow RR's B9partswitch patch override IFS

Edited by ssd21345

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Lach_01298 said:

Are the converter slots only for when kerbalism is installed? It says in the configs it is also for WBI but I have buffalo installed and it doesn't seem to be the case.

Converter slots (concerning WBI) are available when you use the Classic Stock play mode which is largely incompatible with Kerbalism. When you go to Classic Stock, converter parts receive the Omniconverter module which can then receive any and all converter options as with a templating system, and their throughputs scale with each part's power rating, and you can scale them further by filling the slots with the same module if the part has multiple slots and you feel like doing that.

On 4/12/2021 at 11:19 PM, DragonRoco said:

However, even with a fresh install and manually installing the mods (all the latest versions from today, Kerbalism 3.13 and RR 1.17.1) I get a NullReferenceException spam in the logs when placing an ISRU in the VAB or in flight with RR and Kerbalism installed. The ISRUs also have a massive menu, larger than what you get when installing RR without Kerbalism. 

Aww man. I'll look into that soon-ish.

I install RationalResources and RationalResourcesParts. After load game get this window: https://yadi.sk/i/JMQLyxYo3_jb2Q (screenshot). Maybe I don't have any mods using these resources. Can I start playing with this error? I use OPM (planets), MKS/OKS, USI Life support... All installed via CKAN.

If delete folder RationalResourcesParts this window not showing.

Edited by nickicool

@JadeOfMaar yes, I have install all pack mods by @Nertea include Heat Control and System Heat. This is a large and comprehensive package of mods that covers everything from early technical development to the future. I didn't even install the Interstellar mod, because the Near Future and Far Future mods are already very large.  Never mind... I want to clarify. If I start my career now, will I be able to install a patch for System Heat without having to start the game from the beginning? I'm not going to need the converters right now...

Log https://yadi.sk/d/y8IMSv8Ti0Ma0w

It may not be required, but I tried to remove all mods from @Nertea , and the error remained... I decided to find out which mod causes errors.

I start deleting the mods one by one.  And now I have such a list of mods in CKAN (5 mods, only depends) https://yadi.sk/i/yQ8hmrb5GFD4tw , the Gamedata folder is like this https://yadi.sk/i/_yBPpOj3RIDihg, and the error remains the same https://yadi.sk/i/t7HIgtMmOOWxZg.  Log https://yadi.sk/d/RUQ0V1giIynv3A

If delete RationalResourcesParts error disappears...

I tried to install it from Github, the result is the same.

Combining RR + B9PartSwitch + ClassicStock + Far Future results in KSP doing this:

Condition:    [ModuleManager] Exception while calling B9PartSwitch.B9TankSettings.ModuleManagerPostLoad(): System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Exception: Fatal exception while loading tank type RR_XPL ---> System.Exception: Exception while loading field resources on type B9PartSwitch.TankType ---> System.Exception: Exception while loading field resourceDefinition on type B9PartSwitch.TankResource ---> B9PartSwitch.Fishbones.Parsers.PartResourceDefinitionValueParser+PartResourceNotFoundException: No resource definition named 'Explodium' could be found

This appears to be the result of ClassicStock detecting Far Future and removing the Explodium resource and switching its stuff to use NuclearSaltWater (from Far Future) instead, followed by RR attempting to create an Explodium fuel tank type (via RationalResources/Classic/zTankTypes.cfg) because it sees that both B9 and ClassicStock are installed.

P.S. It looks like there are other places in RR that try to do things with Explodium without checking if Far Future is installed.

P.P.S. (After removing Far Future) Deep Sky Core is also trying and failing to create some tank types using resources that don't exist, starting with RR_CryoA, via DeepSky/00DeepSky/00DeepSkyCRP/ds0_B9PS.cfg, but in this case it's because RR only creates them when [B9PartSwitch,CommunityResourcePack,!ClassicStock] and Deep Sky Core appears to only be looking for B9PartSwitch and RR for those? I guess it's assuming that only one of ClassicStock or CRP will be installed and is trying to use CRP resources while RR is trying to set up ClassicStock ones? I've never done KSP modding and it's getting very late so I'm not certain how accurate my understanding of what the RR and Deep Sky Core cfg files are trying to do is.

Edited by AmanitaVerna
Noticed a problem with Deep Sky Core + RR + CRP + Classic Stock too

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 1:10 PM, nickicool said:

It may not be required, but I tried to remove all mods from @Nertea , and the error remained... I decided to find out which mod causes errors.

I start deleting the mods one by one.  And now I have such a list of mods in CKAN (5 mods, only depends) https://yadi.sk/i/yQ8hmrb5GFD4tw , the Gamedata folder is like this https://yadi.sk/i/_yBPpOj3RIDihg, and the error remains the same https://yadi.sk/i/t7HIgtMmOOWxZg.  Log https://yadi.sk/d/RUQ0V1giIynv3A

If delete RationalResourcesParts error disappears...

I tried to install it from Github, the result is the same.

I'm finally nearly done prepapring a release and I've discovered (and I should have discovered long ago) that I can't begin to imagine how you have a problem. You had nearly no mods installed. Well, hopefully I've indirectly fixed it.

On 5/5/2021 at 1:20 AM, AmanitaVerna said:

Combining RR + B9PartSwitch + ClassicStock + Far Future results in KSP doing this:

This appears to be the result of ClassicStock detecting Far Future and removing the Explodium resource and switching its stuff to use NuclearSaltWater (from Far Future) instead, followed by RR attempting to create an Explodium fuel tank type (via RationalResources/Classic/zTankTypes.cfg) because it sees that both B9 and ClassicStock are installed.

P.S. It looks like there are other places in RR that try to do things with Explodium without checking if Far Future is installed.

P.P.S. (After removing Far Future) Deep Sky Core is also trying and failing to create some tank types using resources that don't exist, starting with RR_CryoA, via DeepSky/00DeepSky/00DeepSkyCRP/ds0_B9PS.cfg, but in this case it's because RR only creates them when [B9PartSwitch,CommunityResourcePack,!ClassicStock] and Deep Sky Core appears to only be looking for B9PartSwitch and RR for those? I guess it's assuming that only one of ClassicStock or CRP will be installed and is trying to use CRP resources while RR is trying to set up ClassicStock ones? I've never done KSP modding and it's getting very late so I'm not certain how accurate my understanding of what the RR and Deep Sky Core cfg files are trying to do is.

I'm not sure I'll be able to nail the source of this, but I bet I indirectly will. I'm working on a DS Core update to fix any lingering issues with play mode detection.

Release 1.18.0

• Added acid world templates: AtmAcidC, AtmAcidN, OcnAcid. Note that no actual corrosives resources are introduced as no popular mods use them for anything important, or at all, as far as I know.
  • Added ocean template: OcnKerosene.
  • Added more support for Graviolium placement.
  • Added templating system for science results and updated support for the following planet packs to comply: Beyond Home, Extrasolar, Grannus Expansion Pack, Outer Planets Mod.
  • Added integration for Procedural Tanks.
  • Added missing drill options.
  • Fixed broken targeting of converter parts for adding modules (non-Kerbalism).
  • Fixed some Kerbalism issues that sprung up... Again. Thanks to @Clamp-o-Tron
  • Fixed redundancy issue with Methalox tank options when CryoTanks installed since Methalox changed from optional to always available.
  • Updated gas planet templates:
    • Completed Sudarsky based template series (AtmGasI through AtmGasV).
    • Deprecated AtmGasJovian, AtmGasUranian. Replaced these with AtmGasI, AtmGasIII respectively.
  • Updated planetary classification experiment to work while splashed (but not while flying or landed).
  • Updated surface templates:
    • Changed "specific" stock planet templates to general templates fit for use on any mod planets: [Eve, Mun, Minmus, Duna] to SrfRockMineral, SrfAlumina, SrfMetalSulfur, SrfMetalCarbon respectively.
  • Updated Extras/RR_StripStockConverters.cfg

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not quite sure why, but having the latest versions of RationalResources and ProceduralParts leaves the VAB UI completely unresponsive after using the search bar. This happens while running with just those mods, their dependencies, and Kerbalism. This only seems to apply to RR 1.18+ aswell
Demonstration in the VAB
eA1zPYU.png

Edited by ikujura

14 hours ago, ikujura said:

Kerbalism

I didn't think of this when I made that patch. Kerbalism doesn't agree with references to MetalOre and Metal made by this mod (because of how Kerbalism loads things, resources with conditional definitions cause serious hiccups) so presumably, installing Extraplanetary Launchpads will cure the problem.

That aside, curing the problem should be as easy as deleting the MetalOre and Metal tank options from GameData/RationalResourcesParts/CRP/ProceduralTanks.cfg#L249

• 2 weeks later...

i ended up here because they told me this handles kerbalism resources. and there are a few things that seem broken, or wrong.

for start, the surface scanning module does not show nitrogen. it shows every other resource, but the only way to detect nitrogen is to carry a nitrogen drill. looks like a bug.

then, there is the lack of water on outer planets that's completely irrealistic. As far as dres the resources distribution is well done. But further than that, water ice is the single most common substance found in planetary crusts. And yet...

bop is completely without water. Pol has so little of it, it cannot be mined. I did not run extensive tests, but even Vall is low on water, with it completely missing on many biomes - and it's supposed to be an ice ball. even minmus is water free, despite it also being described as a slushball.

it gets even worse with the outer planets mod: plock has no water or nitrogen, despite its real world analogue being made mostly of those.

I think you should increase water value on all the outer planets. it's irrealistic for a moon of jool to have no water.

on the other hand, i read on the first post that mun is supposed to miss water and uraninite entirely, while it has both - something i'm not complaining about, refueling opportunities are rare in the inner system

@JadeOfMaar I noticed in the RationalResourcesKerbaslism folder the patches have the Hydrates Splitter commented out to be excluded. I removed the "//" from the various kerbalism patch files but it doesnt appear to properly load into the converters in-game. It gives the option to select the Hydrates Splitter process, but it does not load the input/output resources or actually enable the process for the converter.

Was this intentionally commented out due to some incompatibility with Kerbalism? I'm considering switching over to TAC so I can mine hydrates from minmus in JNSQ.

@cxg2827 The Hydrates Splitter is commented out because it involves MetalOre or Metal (these two specific resources whose definitions have NEEDS on them -- Rational Resources defines them if Extraplanetary Launchpads is not installed). Kerbalism processes resources before ModuleManager does anything so Kerbalism gets fussy if it handles resources that haven't been defined yet. You can prevent the Kerbalism issue by de-commenting the Hydrates Splitter but deleting any mention of MetalOre and Metal in it... I should do this myself actually, as Hydrates are a very big deal.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 2 weeks later...