[1.8.x] DE_IVAExtension - For All the Stock Pod IVAs!

DemonEin

Do you have any plans to update this mod for the current build of the game? I absolutely adore your IVA mod and I'm sad it's not current. I understand it's all volunteer work here but man what a great mod this is. Cheers. Forgive me if it and its constituent helper mods work in the current build, I haven't honestly tried it yet because I tried ALCOR and it didn't work. 

Edited by PETC

4 hours ago, PETC said:

Do you have any plans to update this mod for the current build of the game? I absolutely adore your IVA mod and I'm sad it's not current. I understand it's all volunteer work here but man what a great mod this is. Cheers. Forgive me if it and its constituent helper mods work in the current build, I haven't honestly tried it yet because I tried ALCOR and it didn't work. 

It works fine on all ksp versions 1.8-1.11

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In the description:

"-All stock command pods have an advanced interactive IVA"

But I do not have this in MK1.

Should I not?

Edit: I have none of the IVAs actualy. hmm. not working then

Edited by EasyAce

• 3 months later...

Hello !

I know that this mod is not maintained, but I have not found any other mod to do what this one does....

I mean, I know MAS is under development, but at the moment, it is no redooing all stock part iva's... Does any one know a mod up to date that is doing this ?

And another question : I have an issue with (at least) the MK1 cockpit HUD : I can't see the text all around, as it is very dark... I don't know how I can change this color, can anyone help me ? Would be much appreciated !

Thanks everyone, and happy lithobraking :)

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm using this mod with Realistic Progression One and Probe Control Room Recontrolled (I like this mod's PCR IMMENSELY moreand ASET Props. Game version's 1.10.

Unfortunately using the IVA on probes will cause the game to drop down to single digit FPS, even though in normal launch it'll go down to 50 at the very most. Probe Control Room Recontrolled does not seem to have this problem.

If anyone is using this mod combo / ran into this problem, is there anything that can be done, or any extra information you need to check on it?

Thanks in advance.

On 3/23/2022 at 8:11 PM, Ottomic said:

Hi, I'm using this mod with Realistic Progression One and Probe Control Room Recontrolled (I like this mod's PCR IMMENSELY moreand ASET Props. Game version's 1.10.

Unfortunately using the IVA on probes will cause the game to drop down to single digit FPS, even though in normal launch it'll go down to 50 at the very most. Probe Control Room Recontrolled does not seem to have this problem.

If anyone is using this mod combo / ran into this problem, is there anything that can be done, or any extra information you need to check on it?

Thanks in advance.

Does this occur without RP-1?  Does this occur with a completely minimal craft (just a probe core) on the launchpad?  Your logs after reproducing the issue may be useful - often a cause of bad performance is exceptions being thrown every frame.

I haven't used DE's PCR myself but it could also well be a problem with RPM.

Is this mod still the best (if not only) mod to give an IVA makeover for every stock cockpit?

Despite being rated for 1.8.x, DE_IVAExtension is still working quite well in 1.12.3 for me. I've only noticed a few issues:

1. the Abort button in the Mk2 Lander Can does not work. At least you can just hit Backspace.

2. there are a few issues with the ASET prop pack which this mod inherits: the latitude and longitude north/south indicators are messed up, and the special docking MFD in the Mk1-3 capsule is slightly messed up. There are fixes for both of these in the ASET prop forum page.

3. the time-to-impact indicator doesn't work, but I suspect that this is an issue with Raster Prop Monitor.

4. I don't know if this is an issue with click-through-blocker, but clicking on e.g. buttons for the Science Results window will click items on the IVA instrument panel. I've clicked the "Keep results" button and had it click through to the Staging switch a couple times now, which can ruin a mission.

5. my underpowered laptop struggles with cockpits with many MFDs, such as the Mk3 Cockpit. I tried the Probe Control Room but it has a dozen or more MFDs and my laptop cannot handle it.

6. the game does not indicate which person is in which seat correctly.

7. the >0< warp to next button does not work for me. There are also no such warp buttons in the Mk1 Lander Can that I could find. But my , and . keys work.

It seems like this mod is not updated anymore, but if I could nonetheless have a wishlist, it would include:

1. ability to change internal lights. The current button just adds an outline feature, but does not change lighting.

2. I don't know if it's possible, but it would be nice for the target reference part to be persistent after going on EVA or changing craft. As is, you need to go to Target Management -> Reference Part every time before the Docking screen can be used.

3. a button to clear maneuver nodes

4. a static "screen" which looks like a mock-up of the Map screen, which goes to the Map screen when clicked

5. a "budget" probe control room option with only 2 or 3 MFDs

In addition, I've noticed that there are several activities which cannot be done in IVA, perhaps by any IVA mod:

* almost anything to do with maneuver nodes besides from creating basic ones in Astrogator

* transferring fuel between parts, or enabling/disabling flow

* transferring Kerbals between modules

* re-arranging staging

All in all, I've been really pleased with this mod and I thank DemonEin for making it. :)

Check out the Optional Mods in Reviva, which for those who use IVA's (I know you know, as you've said nice things about it), will make life much easier, particularly @HonkHogan who did similar for the Making History pods.

There's some others listed in the top post and later in the thread. If you know of any others post them there - I intend Reviva to aleast have a list of all the IVA mods and CKAN "supports" so that installing IVA mods is as easy as possible. This is of course "apirational" and may never happen... :-)

Edited by 610yesnolovely

On 4/4/2022 at 12:46 PM, 610yesnolovely said:

Check out the Optional Mods in Reviva, which for those who use IVA's (I know you know, as you've said nice things about it), will make life much easier, particularly @HonkHogan who did similar for the Making History pods.

There's some others listed in the top post and later in the thread. If you know of any others post them there - I intend Reviva to aleast have a list of all the IVA mods and CKAN "supports" so that installing IVA mods is as easy as possible. This is of course "apirational" and may never happen... :-)

Wow! I had just come here to ask the question on whether it was possible to install both the DE_IVAExtension IVA pack and also the retro-style ASET IVA for the Mk1 Lander Can, and be able to switch between the two. And here comes your post! :o

Technically you can without Reviva - using ModuleManager you'd copy the entire Mk1-2 command pod to another name, and edit the internal model. This is what I used to do, but the downside is you have to change the part on the ship to swap IVA, plus you get lots of part copies in the editor. Some mods do this also (Warbirds for example).

Reviva is easier though. Welcome to the club of 22 people who actually use IVA mods.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe there are others who love IVA flying as much as I do. Question though: The life support screen to the left: is there anyway of having it include other LS systems? I've noticed that Snacks and others come up as blanks. I'm not sure if there's a patch or something that can be done up, I'm a potato about that stuff. Anyway, thanks for the (hopefully) help.

21 hours ago, Smegghed said:

I can't believe there are others who love IVA flying as much as I do. Question though: The life support screen to the left: is there anyway of having it include other LS systems? I've noticed that Snacks and others come up as blanks. I'm not sure if there's a patch or something that can be done up, I'm a potato about that stuff. Anyway, thanks for the (hopefully) help.

The configs are in ASET\ASET_Props\Misc\LifeSupportMonitor.  It looks like there are setups for Kerbalism, TAC-LS, and USI.  You can look at those patches and maybe figure out how to set one up for the life support system of your choice.  It doesn't need to be placed in that folder; I'd suggest dropping it directly into GameData or another folder for your own custom patches.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2022 at 2:25 PM, JonnyOThan said:

The configs are in ASET\ASET_Props\Misc\LifeSupportMonitor.  It looks like there are setups for Kerbalism, TAC-LS, and USI.  You can look at those patches and maybe figure out how to set one up for the life support system of your choice.  It doesn't need to be placed in that folder; I'd suggest dropping it directly into GameData or another folder for your own custom patches.

Thank you! I appreciate that. I'll take a look!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.