Where is the Delete Account function?

2 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

You don't. ust don't come back, it achieves the same thing.

Technically there's a difference.

Deleting means deleting the account and all related data.

There's a global discussion about "the right to be forgotten".

But it's a discussion better taken to other forums dedicated to those issues.

As Senior Information Security Analyst (yes, that's what it says on my business card issued by a major player in the area), I follow those forums and I don't think this one is relevant in that area ;)

Edited by Curveball Anders
gramar and early morning

28 minutes ago, Dale Christopher said:

How do you delete your account?

If you do wish to delete your account you may do so by filling in the details on this webform: https://privacyportal-cdn.onetrust.com/dsarwebform/3efb95b4-aed7-4aa8-85d8-488eb074fa8c/696c1409-ef27-4bca-b988-79b966eaeee0.html

If you would like to discuss this decision then please feel free to PM me or any moderator you feel comfortable talking to.

Edited by James Kerman
Grammar

If it is a name change you'd want rather than deleting your account, we can accommodate that kind of request, too. I know that before I decided on using the same user name on every forum and other online places, I often used my real name. With all the identity theft stuff out there, I decided to simplify my life and reduce my stress level quite a bit. So, if that's where you are - not liking the user name and wanting to set up a new account, the way I'd recommend is to do a name change. Once the name change is done, all of your content on this forum will reflect your new name change. There would be no trace, except in the invisible workings of the forum software, of your original user name.

If you are interested in a name change, simply use this thread here and tell us what you want your name to be changed to.

• 2 years later...
On 3/4/2020 at 11:34 PM, James Kerman said:

If you do wish to delete your account you may do so by filling in the details on this webform: https://privacyportal-cdn.onetrust.com/dsarwebform/3efb95b4-aed7-4aa8-85d8-488eb074fa8c/696c1409-ef27-4bca-b988-79b966eaeee0.html

If you would like to discuss this decision then please feel free to PM me or any moderator you feel comfortable talking to.

Sorry to necro post. It would appear as though accounts can be deleted or atleast wiped, given that OP is now "Guest" and has no profile.

I recall trying something like this form previously though was told essentially that because I don't live in the EU, I am not protected by GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation or "Right to be forgotten") and my account would not be deleted. I could change my name as it is personally revealing, though I'd feel much safer with deleting my account entirely if possible. As I live in Australia, am I un-eligible for account deletion?

2 hours ago, BowWhalley said:

Sorry to necro post. It would appear as though accounts can be deleted or atleast wiped, given that OP is now "Guest" and has no profile.

I recall trying something like this form previously though was told essentially that because I don't live in the EU, I am not protected by GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation or "Right to be forgotten") and my account would not be deleted. I could change my name as it is personally revealing, though I'd feel much safer with deleting my account entirely if possible. As I live in Australia, am I un-eligible for account deletion?

This forum will grant the request to anyone regardless of location. Or we could change your name. Your choice. If you do want to delete the account, this is the request form. https://privacyportal-cdn.onetrust.com/dsarwebform/3efb95b4-aed7-4aa8-85d8-488eb074fa8c/696c1409-ef27-4bca-b988-79b966eaeee0.html

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.