[1.12.x] Achievements Updated - Dependencies updated 11/30/2020

linuxgurugamer

On 5/19/2020 at 8:08 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New beta release, 1.10.0.3

• Fixed the issue where achievements were being lost
  • Added more EVA achievements, one for each landable planet.
  • Added random quotes for the additional EVA achievements
  • Fixed bug where achievements were being dropped 
  • Added new toggle to Show all earned only
  • Added check for duplicate keys when loading achievement while switching scenes

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/Achievements/releases/tag/1.10.0.3

Edit:  I've taken the mod out of beta with this release, effective 5/25

Hi Linuxgurugamer,

I'm sad to say that I've also experienced - similarly to FasterThanFlourite and DStaal - that achievements seem to reset upon reloading a save file. I really like the idea of the mod, but whatever causes it to reset also takes alot away from the point of having a mod to track progress like it is intended.

So I have two questions;

1. Did you and FasterThanFlourite/DStaal figure out what was wrong/bugged out? 

2. Do you have a rough idea when I could expect the 1.10.0.3 update to hit CKAN? (I'm trying for a build where I minimize manual installations of mods, so I'd prefer to wait for the CKAN repository to be updated)

Cheers, and thanks for reviving this mod (and the plethora of others)!

2 hours ago, pseudamin said:

Do you have a rough idea when I could expect the 1.10.0.3 update to hit CKAN?

Should have been there, I'll check

There is a problem uploading to Spacedock, what you can do is install by hand from Github, and when I can get Spacedock updated, it will just overwrite the files.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This looks like a fun mod. I just loaded it and my career file gave me 12 awards which is about 1/3 of the things I have done. Is is supposed to give you everything retroactively? I'll do most of it again anyway... but it would be nice to get credit for Eve. I'm going to need more astronaut diapers before I land there again.

Mod 1.10.1.2 from CKAN with KSP 1.10.1.2939

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
23 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer,

finally getting round to having this for a playthrough.  Is there any way to disable the built in achievements and then specify my own?

Thanks for the work that you are doing.

Peace.

Look into the cfg file, in the PluginData folder

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Look into the cfg file, in the PluginData folder

Are you talking about the Achievements.cfg that is in the Achievements folder?  As there doesn't seem to be any other cfg files in the download.

I can see examples, some commented out, in the Achievements.cfg file, but even the commented out ones look to be added to the persistence file which suggests that they are hard coded by the mod.

I'm looking to remove all the 145 or so ones that come with mod, so that I only have 4 rewards,  i.e. enter SOI, orbit, land, plant flag.  The idea is a proof for a 'flag and footprints' playthrough.

• 5 months later...
16 hours ago, Dominiquini said:

I can't find this mod on CKAN! Is it a problem on my machine or this mod has been removed and is no longer being maintained?

Hi to install this mod with ckan you have to allowed older version of ksp to be compatible :

Check CKAN option menu (the last one)

• 2 weeks later...

I found a bug.

I'm playing in Sandbox to test some parts and I crash the ship. Soon after I quit the game, but in the main menu, this mod start throwing exceptions in a loop!

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5qff0n60ajyb1s5/KSP(KSP_Achievements).log?dl=0

Player.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zii9mfx48y4vnb2/Player(KSP_Achievements).log?dl=0

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi,

thanks for maintaining this mod.

As I wrote to you in a mail previously, the window needed to view the achievements doesn't open for me and KSP.log has these error lines. This happens both with the spacedock release and when building from source. The error message to me indicates, that earnedAchievements is null here (as .Count() is called on it). On my end, the instructions in this if are not executed, therefore earnedAchievements stays null afterwards. Now I'm not sure if this is still something on my end or not, but perhaps this can help  with fixing things.

3 hours ago, fuerchter said:

Hi,

thanks for maintaining this mod.

As I wrote to you in a mail previously, the window needed to view the achievements doesn't open for me and KSP.log has these error lines. This happens both with the spacedock release and when building from source. The error message to me indicates, that earnedAchievements is null here (as .Count() is called on it). On my end, the instructions in this if are not executed, therefore earnedAchievements stays null afterwards. Now I'm not sure if this is still something on my end or not, but perhaps this can help  with fixing things.

As I said in my email back to you, I needed the log file.

You are the first to report this.  Your links are useful, but may not be the root cause, which is why I need to see the complete log.

Also, please answer the following questions:

1. Is this a career, science or sandbox game?
  2. Assuming it is not a sandbox, is this happening at the beginning of the game, or after you've done something (such as launching a vessel)?

I did some testing, and found that the root cause was a missing initialization of the earnedAchievements.  If you had done a better job of describing the complete problem as well as providing the log file, it would have saved me some work. 

Your workaround is simply to not go into the window until  you have at least one achievement made.  Then it will be fine.  I'll be getting an update out soon to fix this

New release, 1.10.1.6

• Fixed missing initialization of earnedAchievements if there were no achievements to load (was causing a nullref if attempting to open the window when no achievements had been earned)

@fuerchter This should take care of your problem, assuming it does, I don't need the log file anymore

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.