[1.8.1 - 1.9.1] Kopernicus Continued

prestja

1 hour ago, infinite_monkey said:

How many open issues are left to fix for a 1.10 release? Or is 1.10 still kinda alpha?

RTB has a longer post in the bleeding edge thread, but he's been working on code for the comet system and fixing an old issue with solar flux that impacts saves with multiple suns. Think the latter is also present in 1.9.1 as well.

Hello.

I have been running in an issue loading KSP while my custom Kopernicus planet pack is installed, so, once loading is done, the main menu simply is missing, you hear the music, the TweakScale's GUIs appear but there is a black screen and the loading symbol is still spining, I managed to press the buttons blind and loaded a test save, once it loaded there was no KSC, but there was the escape button in the top left, everything else was solid black, any ideas?

I tested in both 1.10.1 with the Bleeding edge branch and in 1.8.1 with the official Kopernicus release, in both logs I saw some Kopernicus NullRefs, but I'm not sure.

Log from 1.8.1 test: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtUgGSbBKMe8jH4psTTf5hcn0t_1?e=LzknpM

Pre alpha planet pack: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtUgGSbBKMe8jQA7ZD-JrN50isVM?e=uke82U

9 hours ago, Commodore_32 said:

Hello.

I have been running in an issue loading KSP while my custom Kopernicus planet pack is installed, so, once loading is done, the main menu simply is missing, you hear the music, the TweakScale's GUIs appear but there is a black screen and the loading symbol is still spining, I managed to press the buttons blind and loaded a test save, once it loaded there was no KSC, but there was the escape button in the top left, everything else was solid black, any ideas?

Things started to go down the tubes here:

[WRN 12:52:05.968] CelestialBodyTransform: Cannot find CelestialBody.
[LOG 12:52:05.971] lcScatterList
[EXC 12:52:06.036] Exception: Failed to load Body: Erikson
    Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.ConfigParser.Interfaces.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (ConfigNode node) (at <0882401b48d84227ad9c2bbcf4ce8401>
:0)
    Kopernicus.ConfigParser.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, ConfigNode node, System.String configName, System.Boolean getChildren) (at
<698cce273aaa41f09ce80d0801f868a2>:0)
    Kopernicus.ConfigParser.Parser.CreateObjectFromConfigNode[T] (ConfigNode node, System.String configName, System.Boolean getChildren) (at <698cce273aaa41f09c
e80d0801f868a2>:0)
    Kopernicus.Injector.Awake () (at <0882401b48d84227ad9c2bbcf4ce8401>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    Kopernicus.Injector:Awake()
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
    AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
    UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
[WRN 12:52:06.062] DontDestroyOnLoad only works for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.

And I'm guessing this can be the reason for Kopernicus borking on loading the GUI Ready thing:

[LOG 12:52:26.571] [CM] Adding main icon to toolbar
[ERR 12:52:26.575] Exception handling event onLevelWasLoadedGUIReady in class <>c:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an o
bject
  at Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.StarLightSwitcher+<>c.<Start>b__2_1 (GameScenes scene) [0x00005] in <0882401b48d84227ad9c2bbcf4ce8401>:0
  at EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) [0x000b0] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0

[EXC 12:52:26.578] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.StarLightSwitcher+<>c.<Start>b__2_1 (GameScenes scene) (at <0882401b48d84227ad9c2bbcf4ce8401>:0)
    EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    EventData`1:Fire(GameScenes)
    <FireLoadedEventGUIReady>d__45:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

From that point, your log is filled with Kopernicus borking on the LateUpdate:

[EXC 12:52:26.582] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.LateUpdate () (at <0882401b48d84227ad9c2bbcf4ce8401>:0)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

But I'm pretty sure this happens due something not being initialised correctly after Kopernicus borks on the UI Ready thingy.

Try to remove Erikson from the planet pack to see what happens. If the problem "vanishes", we can try to figure out what's borking by looking on this planet files.

On 11/5/2020 at 12:34 PM, infinite_monkey said:

How many open issues are left to fix for a 1.10 release? Or is 1.10 still kinda alpha?

basically just comets and the heating bug (which is also present in 1.9 stable right now).

The heating bug is priority and slowing things down, but it only affects multistar configurations.

I'd actually say 1.10.1 is stable, but it's just not ready for planet pack authors to use yet without proper comet facilities.  End users need not fear it right now though.

Edited by R-T-B

8 hours ago, Lisias said:

Try to remove Erikson from the planet pack to see what happens. If the problem "vanishes", we can try to figure out what's borking by looking on this planet files.

Removing it, the thing works perfectly fine, so yeah, I included a copy of my planet pack as it is right now, for a first time planet pack I expected this.

3 hours ago, TheAshenHat said:

So, i am running on a 1.8.1 save, do i need to find the relevant 1.8.1 kopernicus set, or can i use the 1.9.1 set?  trying to figure out if solar panels just are bugged, or if i am using the wrong set. Thanks in advance.

you need the 1.8.1 set for ksp 1.8.1

2 minutes ago, AeroSky said:

Is Kopernicus updated to 1.10.1 or is the update still in active development?

Also, when will Kopernicus be updated to 1.10.1 because I really want to play 1.10.1 JNSQ.

Thanks!

@AeroSky, it is in development, but it should be stable enough to play as long as you are ok with fact that the comet system in 1.10.1 Kopernicus is still a WIP.  If you are upgrading, I would definitely make a backup of your save first.

9 minutes ago, hemeac said:

@AeroSky, it is in development, but it should be stable enough to play as long as you are ok with fact that the comet system in 1.10.1 Kopernicus is still a WIP.  If you are upgrading, I would definitely make a backup of your save first.

I've never even gone past to Minmus, so that'll be fine (the comet system, I mean)

What do you mean by upgrading? Like updating to official Kopernicus 1.10.1?

Also, by backup, do you mean just copying the Kerbal Space Program folder and placing the copy somewhere else?

Thank you for the help!

1 hour ago, AeroSky said:

What do you mean by upgrading? Like updating to official Kopernicus 1.10.1?

Also, by backup, do you mean just copying the Kerbal Space Program folder and placing the copy somewhere else?

Backup is always a good idea. So yes, you should do that when waiting for the official Kopernicus 1.10.1, but even more so if you decide to use the Bleeding Edge version.

If you have a lot of mods, it's convenient to copy the entire KSP folder to somewhere else. If you don't mind reinstalling your game and mods in case of a disaster, you can just copy the "saves" folder.

Remember the problems I was having? Everything's fixed now and I've made everything into a youtube series! It's called KSP Exodus, currently at episode 12! Thanks everyone for your support, without you, I would've given up on doing this ages ago...

Hello, 

Just tried to install Kopernicus along with EVE, Parallax, PlanetShine, Scatterer & SVT, on 1.10.1, and I get the following error message: https://ibb.co/dJ6fWFM

Here are the requested logs/files : https://gofile.io/d/LGm6Dn

I guess this line is the problem

[Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Squad/Kerbin: Default constructor not found for type UnityEngine.Material

Could you please help fix it?

Thanks ! 

Thanks for the advice on the other mods. For Kopernicus, I did download the Bleeding Edge branch. Maybe not the right version? Do you know where I can find the right one?

EDIT : OK I had release 45, I tried with release 44 and it works :) PlanetShine also.

Edited by Loki92150

On 11/15/2020 at 5:51 AM, Loki92150 said:

Hello, 

Just tried to install Kopernicus along with EVE, Parallax, PlanetShine, Scatterer & SVT, on 1.10.1, and I get the following error message: https://ibb.co/dJ6fWFM

Here are the requested logs/files : https://gofile.io/d/LGm6Dn

I guess this line is the problem

Could you please help fix it?

Thanks ! 

SVT is broken now due to something I haven't been able to track down, and little will to do so given it's obsolete anyways.  Thank you for identifying it happened on the release of version 45 on bleeding edge though, that at least narrows it down.  I'd still use the latest and uninstall SVT though, even stock textures at high+ settings are better now.

Edited by R-T-B

• 2 weeks later...

@R-T-B R-T-B released this now

New in this version (1.9.1-14)

1.) Solar panel fixes and optimizations for multistar. Heating bug for non-root stars fixed.  Pretested in bleeding edge, as always.

New in major release (1.9.1)

1.) Solarpanel.cfg fixes to support more third party solar panels with less work.

2.) Fixes for the colliders on land scatters (due to a small bug in the distance-culling system).

3.) Added an RGB+A parser (MapSOParserRGBA) for devs who requested it. Largely an under the hood change with no end-user impact immediately visible.

4.) Added a culling range to land scatters, by default at 10km, configurable by the Kopernicus_Config.cfg parameter ScatterCullDistance. This massively improves performance in scatter-heavy planet packs with land scatters on.

5.) We now support "Breaking Ground" anomalies out of the box, eliminating the need for "MyRocksAreBiggerThanYours."

6.) Material names have been simplified. You can still use the old ones, but there are simpler alternatives now. You can see https://github.com/R-T-B/Kopernicus/pull/28/files for details, or simply wait for the wiki to update. Remember, the old names still work and we have no plans to change that, this is just for usability.

7.) Planet pack authors (or you) may now specify the packs target shader level by by setting config/Kopernicus_Config.cfg EnforcedShaderLeve. 3 = Ultra/Atlas, 2 = High, 1 = Medium, and 0 = Low. Planet pack authors may use this via modulemanager module if needed as well. Note that we encourage of the KSP Parallax shader project over use of Squad's ATLAS shader. It is both equally performant and more flexible.

8.) Performance Optimization and bugfixes enabling KittopiaTech support.

9.) Particle support restored.

10.) All 1.9.1 bugs that are known fixed. Full support for 1.9.1

10.) Multistar support. The math on ECs in single star may be slightly different than stock in some situations, but it should be similar in most and not enough to matter.

11.) Added GameData\Kopernicus\Config\Kopernicus_Config.cfg file, with options to configure shader warnings and enable or disable shader locking, as well as set preferred shader level. Easy to edit, just look inside!

Seperate from the release notes, I'd like to add to this that is 1 out of 2 blocker issues for 1.10.1 going stable down and fixed.  We are 50% of the way there gentlekerbs.  Now, on to comets!

Edited by R-T-B

Some more minor bugfixes for stable, nearly none of them anything worth worrying about, but still worth fixing:

@R-T-B R-T-B released this 1 minute ago

New in this version (1.9.1-15)

1.) A cosmetic bug in multistar tracking where a body would show as occuluding the panel when it was not has been fixed.

2.) A bug where if the tracked star was occuluded, total EC output was set to zero has been fixed.

1.) Solarpanel.cfg fixes to support more third party solar panels with less work.

2.) Fixes for the colliders on land scatters (due to a small bug in the distance-culling system).

3.) Added an RGB+A parser (MapSOParserRGBA) for devs who requested it. Largely an under the hood change with no end-user impact immediately visible.

4.) Added a culling range to land scatters, by default at 10km, configurable by the Kopernicus_Config.cfg parameter ScatterCullDistance. This massively improves performance in scatter-heavy planet packs with land scatters on.

5.) We now support "Breaking Ground" anomalies out of the box, eliminating the need for "MyRocksAreBiggerThanYours."

6.) Material names have been simplified. You can still use the old ones, but there are simpler alternatives now. You can see https://github.com/R-T-B/Kopernicus/pull/28/files for details, or simply wait for the wiki to update. Remember, the old names still work and we have no plans to change that, this is just for usability.

7.) Planet pack authors (or you) may now specify the packs target shader level by by setting config/Kopernicus_Config.cfg EnforcedShaderLeve. 3 = Ultra/Atlas, 2 = High, 1 = Medium, and 0 = Low. Planet pack authors may use this via modulemanager module if needed as well. Note that we encourage of the KSP Parallax shader project over use of Squad's ATLAS shader. It is both equally performant and more flexible.

10.) Multistar support. The math on ECs in single star may be slightly different than stock in some situations, but it should be similar in most and not enough to matter.

11.) Added GameData\Kopernicus\Config\Kopernicus_Config.cfg file, with options to configure shader warnings and enable or disable shader locking, as well as set preferred shader level. Easy to edit, just look inside!

Edited by R-T-B

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to disable OnDemand loading? I have lots of memory to spare, but OnDemand seems to cause FPS stutters whenever this shows up in console.

[LOG 23:28:30.270] [OD] --> ScaledSpaceDemand.LoadTextures loading JNSQ/JNSQ_Textures/PluginData/Mun00.dds and JNSQ/JNSQ_Textures/PluginData/Mun01.dds

Edit: nevermind, think I sorted it out by disabling OnDemand loading in JNSQ. A bit curious if this is an issue that others have or notice though.

Edited by antilochus
solved

• 2 weeks later...
Minor patch to the stable branch for 1.9.1:

@R-T-B R-T-B released this 20 minutes ago

New in this version (1.9.1-16)

1.) ModularFlightIntegrator has been patched to fix some landing bugs. (Patches may not be appropriate outside Kopernicus, will discuss with Sarbian soon, source: https://github.com/R-T-B/ModularFlightIntegrator)

2.) added FR localization file.

Edited by R-T-B

Just when we seem to have 1.9.x stable, and are advancing on 1.10.x, out comes 1.11 and new textures for all those moons and such.  And a huge replication of KIS/KAS by the devs -- I wonder how bad that's going to work at cross purposes to KAS & KIS 1.11 - the official base game has inventory taken from the expansion to now being built in , and how comparable it is.

I have a feeling I will be playing on 1.9.1 for years, which makes me sad because there are some things I love that the addon makers either haven't brought to 1.9.1, or skipped from 1.8 to 1.10 (especially Research Bodies) and in the case of RB, he has no interest in making a 1.9 compatible release.   

Thanks for keeping this thing (and OPM!) functional

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.