[1.10-1.12] Kopernicus Expansion Continued-er

Vabien

• 4 months later...

On 11/28/2022 at 1:21 PM, stk2008 said:

Does any one have a config for JNSQ that adds the footprints please.

I am using the example footprint CFG for the stock planets but JNSQ adds a few more.

Thanks in advance

No, but I'll see about adding them.

On 7/18/2022 at 5:36 PM, Socowez said:

Does this config for stock conflict with Parallax? (I'm not using parallax tessellation or colliders, only the textures)

Also, to clarify, my KSP install is 1.12.3, and the latest downloadable version is for... (checks notes) ...1.11. That could definitely be something.

P.S.: sorry for spamming the thread.

You're fine. 1.12 should work fine. Parallax changes the way the terrain works so parallax is not supported for footprints, but everything else should work fine.

On 6/13/2022 at 8:02 PM, DeliriumTrigger said:

Its not much, but here's an EVA Footprints config for OPM if anyone needs it.  @Vabien feel free to include it with the mod if you like.

https://pastebin.com/pLVaxF3p 

Hey thanks! I'll add it next release.

Sorry for going off the radar y'all, college drained me of any creative desire. No guarantees I'll be adding much more than the bare minimum, but I plan to start looking in to it. Just need to relearn what on earth I was doing. I've added the mod to SpaceDock for easy download and I did mark it to be added by CKAN so hopefully that can go through soon.

Edited by Vabien

7 hours ago, Vabien said:

You're fine. 1.12 should work fine. Parallax changes the way the terrain works so parallax is not supported for footprints, but everything else should work fine.

While I can understand why you'd have no interest in trying to figure out problems with this mod combined with Parallax, in my testing it seems to work okay, at least with recent versions of Parallax.

8 hours ago, Vabien said:

I've added the mod to SpaceDock for easy download and I did mark it to be added by CKAN so hopefully that can go through soon.

Hi @Vabien, how do you want CKAN to handle the KopernicusExpansionExamples folder? Should it be installed by default? Ignored? A separate module? I know a lot of planet packs (at least 5) depend on this mod, so presumably the stock configs would not be useful to everyone.

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

Hi @Vabien, how do you want CKAN to handle the KopernicusExpansionExamples folder? Should it be installed by default? Ignored? A separate module? I know a lot of planet packs (at least 5) depend on this mod, so presumably the stock configs would not be useful to everyone.

I agree. I think the examples are for modders only.

On 4/8/2023 at 11:53 PM, HebaruSan said:

I'd probably say a separate thing for that would be wise. Something like KopernicusExpansion-Stock Configs. I figure any actual examples or devtools can just stay on github, but I know some of the people who want stock footprints would probably like that on CKAN. I don't think it would cause issues if it was installed by default, but I honestly can't say for certain as I haven't tested it.

On 4/8/2023 at 10:57 PM, DeliriumTrigger said:

While I can understand why you'd have no interest in trying to figure out problems with this mod combined with Parallax, in my testing it seems to work okay, at least with recent versions of Parallax.

Huh I'll have to take a look. The way footprints work is it basically glues little planes with footprint textures to the ground, which is usually a flat plane. So since parallax makes it bumpy it can cause issues. I could rework it to project the texture somehow but any way I've thought about would probably cause lag, so it's something I gave up hope with.

35 minutes ago, Vabien said:

since parallax makes it bumpy it can cause issues. I could rework it to project the texture somehow but any way I've thought about would probably cause lag, so it's something I gave up hope with.

Do you want us to mark a conflict with Parallax in CKAN for now? The upside is that users wouldn't experience this issue, but the downside is that they'll probably ask why they can't install both together.

33 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Do you want us to mark a conflict with Parallax in CKAN for now? The upside is that users wouldn't experience this issue, but the downside is that they'll probably ask why they can't install both together.

I probably wouldn't. Maybe for the stock configs, but since the rest of the mod is entirely compatible, and it's not a gamebreaking issue I don't think it's necessary.

On 4/10/2023 at 1:30 PM, Jason Kerman said:

For the footprints config, my suggestion is using MM patch to handle the Parallax issue, like:

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]:NEEDS[!Parallax]
{
	@Body:HAS[@PQS]
	{
		@PQS
		{
			%allowFootprints = true
		}
	}
}

That's a good plan. I'll add that next release.

On 4/8/2023 at 11:53 PM, HebaruSan said:

Looks like the stock configs really shouldn't affect it if another planet pack replaces the planets so considering how lightweight it is it really shouldn't matter what happens to it in the future, though I'll probably want to consolidate all those files in to a single file. A separate download can't hurt though!

• 4 weeks later...

I've not been able to find anything relating to this through searches, so I thought I'd ask here before submitting a bug report. This exception in the logs has been bugging me for ages, as it seems to come from nowhere and be asking for a file that doesn't seem to exist, and is possibly unity related rather than directly KSP related (though I am not expert):

[LOG 00:34:08.876] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'PQSModCreator' from assembly 'KopernicusExpansion.RegionalPQSMods'
[ERR 00:34:08.880] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: RunSharp, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=be9f22c3116c2290

[ERR 00:34:08.881] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: RunSharp, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=be9f22c3116c2290

[EXC 00:34:08.884] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'RunSharp, Version=1.0.0.19, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=be9f22c3116c2290' or one of its dependencies.
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
	AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
	AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
	<LoadObjects>d__90:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
	<CreateDatabase>d__71:MoveNext()
	GameDatabase:StartLoad()
	<LoadSystems>d__11:MoveNext()
	LoadingScreen:Start()

I've just been doing a mod by mod fresh install of KSP and checking for errors and this comes up after installing KEX continued, right after adding Kopernicus, as the only graphical mods and with only a few basic/common bugfix/utility mods before them. If nothing else I'd at least like to know if this is a "safe" to ignore exception, and if it is of interest to @Vabien, I am happy to submit the full log file and fill in a bug report on github.

6 hours ago, Llamageddon said:

I've not been able to find anything relating to this through searches, so I thought I'd ask here before submitting a bug report. This exception in the logs has been bugging me for ages, as it seems to come from nowhere and be asking for a file that doesn't seem to exist, and is possibly unity related rather than directly KSP related (though I am not expert):

[LOG 00:34:08.876] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'PQSModCreator' from assembly 'KopernicusExpansion.RegionalPQSMods'
[ERR 00:34:08.880] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: RunSharp, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=be9f22c3116c2290

[ERR 00:34:08.881] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: RunSharp, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=be9f22c3116c2290

[EXC 00:34:08.884] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'RunSharp, Version=1.0.0.19, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=be9f22c3116c2290' or one of its dependencies.
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
	AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
	AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
	<LoadObjects>d__90:MoveNext()
	<CreateDatabase>d__71:MoveNext()
	GameDatabase:StartLoad()
	<LoadSystems>d__11:MoveNext()
	LoadingScreen:Start()

I've just been doing a mod by mod fresh install of KSP and checking for errors and this comes up after installing KEX continued, right after adding Kopernicus, as the only graphical mods and with only a few basic/common bugfix/utility mods before them. If nothing else I'd at least like to know if this is a "safe" to ignore exception, and if it is of interest to @Vabien, I am happy to submit the full log file and fill in a bug report on github.

Did this change recently? like specifically with beta9.1? Because if so I'm pretty sure I know the exact issue. It should be safe to ignore since it seems to be an issue with an older system that I don't think any planet packs use. Things like footprints or anything from Kcalbeloh shouldn't be affected by that specific issue, but I'll definitely wanna patch that out somehow just in case.

@Vabien I've had a bit of a breakthrough, and though it possibly raises more questions than it answers, the good news is it might not be directly related to KEX continued-er. As I've been away from the game for a few years and only started heavily modding again since the 9.1 beta was released, I decided to test out the previous release from github. It still had the same problem, so to be certain I wasn't going to cause more problems with leftover files etc. I decided to reinstall everything from scratch again, this time I didn't install anything that wasn't strictly a dependency to get Kopernicus and your mod functioning, (KSP Community Fixes, Click Through Blocker, Patch Manager and Toolbar Controller), and this time the error didn't appear.

In fact, I've had a couple of other minor warnings disappear for the first time, so I'm going to review my step by step load order, following the procedure for minimum requirements for GFX/Environment mods, before installing anything else. I'll get back to you if anything crops up again that might be related to the above issue, and although I have no real idea, I suspect it must be something to do with Mod Manager/KSPCF/Patch Manager, altering something before Kopernicus/KEX continued-er is installed. Hopefully some of this information is helpful if anyone else reports similar errors. At least you know it might not be directly caused by Kopernicus/KEXC-er doing something unexpected.

Thanks for the prompt reply by the way. Even if not the fault of your mod, this lead me to getting rid of an error that has been bugging me, and seemed unresolvable, since I first started modding KSP again.

@VabienUpdate: I reinstalled my mods again due to a more severe problem down the line, unrelated to KEX-er. I assumed I could reinstall this, reproducing the steps to remove the Runsharp exception, but nothing I did could stop it cropping up again. Just letting you know it is still there. I assume it is not critical -I've come to realise a lot of logged errors, even exceptions, can be irrelevant to mods functioning correctly; besides, this is a beta, mostly for use as a modding tool, as I understand it.

As it was not a dependency (recommended, by Other Worlds, FYI), I have removed it for now, assuming I will hopefully just be missing out on something like footprints.

If, further down the line, this turns out to be something that might warrant further investigation, let me know, and I'll be happy to set up an instance of the game to test this further, under your direction, if that would be of help.

Edited by Llamageddon

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Sorry noob question, but I don't understand how to install the mod.

Do I select (in CKAN) both Kopernicus Expansion Continued-er and whatever Kopernicus Expansion Continued mods I want ? Or is KEC-er a "bundle" of everything ?

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by TT213

On 7/2/2023 at 3:42 PM, TT213 said:

Hello,

Sorry noob question, but I don't understand how to install the mod.

Do I select (in CKAN) both Kopernicus Expansion Continued-er and whatever Kopernicus Expansion Continued mods I want ? Or is KEC-er a "bundle" of everything ?

Thanks in advance :)

Just KEC-er, but you can also install KEC-er stock configs if you want footprints.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2023 at 8:10 PM, SwagBugatti said:

Is there a way to edit the mod so that the footprints do not disappear, or at least take a while to do so?

As it stands that's currently baked in to the mod. I'll see about maybe exposing that setting at some point but I wouldn't hold your breath as I'm pretty busy lately. Sorry!

Hello!

I'm a kopernicus newbie, and I've tried to make my first planet. However, it doesn't load Kopernicus because it says an error has occured. I have the latest version of the game and mod. Here are the mod files: https://www.filemail.com/d/wmofvubrlqyxgij

I really like this mod, it opens up many opportunities for the game. 

Let me know if you can't get to the files, they expire after a week.

Cheers,
         Letter27

6 hours ago, Letter27 said:

Hello!

I'm a kopernicus newbie, and I've tried to make my first planet. However, it doesn't load Kopernicus because it says an error has occured. I have the latest version of the game and mod. Here are the mod files: https://www.filemail.com/d/wmofvubrlqyxgij

I really like this mod, it opens up many opportunities for the game. 

Let me know if you can't get to the files, they expire after a week.

Cheers,
         Letter27

Sorry, but this thread is not for the base Kopernicus mod. You can find the Kopernicus thread here:

Also, it is more helpful to give your KSP.log file. You can find the file in the root folder of the game, which is called "Kerbal Space Program". (not to be condescending, I just want to be clear.)  In addition, it may be because I use Firefox as a browser, but your link does not work.

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I'm diagnosing some issues related to RunSharp.dll that it's being distributed by KEX, and realised that RunSharp is not mentioned on the OP neither on the KEX documentation.

Forum rules says you need to provide the source code for everything you distribute for KSP, so I suggest you pinpoint the RunSharp repository you guys are using on the OPhttps://github.com/AqlaSolutions/runsharp . 

Cheers!

hello, iafter few bug , that lisias pointed and gotmachine fixed, " with RunSharp " i got this new error :

The issue is with Kopernicus Expansion. It uses a library (RunSharp) that is built against the .NET v2.0 runtime, and consequently can't be used on KSP 1.8 and newer (KSP switched to the v4.0 .NET runtime in KSP 1.8). I would suggest bringing that to the Kopernicus Expansion thread :

the following plugin(s) failed to load :

c218ef02-f1a1-4883-b697-98e2525aeb0f in "Dynamic" "

so now i can't land on eve for exemple, i explode because no ground :'( 

thanks you

EDIT:  in game i got argumentexception : an item with the same key has already been added. key: Eve Zn0000 (PQ)

probably parralax fault ?

EDIT 2: ok found the problem A Kopernicus "Stock Planetary Universal Revamp"

its fixed, thanks you

Edited by matthias123

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, dOnut14 said:

Does this have OPM compatibility for the footprints? and can it work with Parallax?

@dOnut14Yeah, there's an opm config file in the Extras folder in the main download. Copy that over to your Game data, and you should be good to go. I'm running with with parallax, and it seems to be working just fine.

Posted (edited)
On 4/1/2024 at 3:11 PM, dOnut14 said:

Does this have OPM compatibility for the footprints? and can it work with Parallax?

Parallax sadly not, and atm I have no future plans to update the mod to do so

Edited by Vabien