Kal-1000

@Le Lynx were you able to get the information you needed?

The KAL-1000 is rather similar to the whole of KSP itself: has a lot of different capabilities but many of them not so obvious - because of this, you may need to ask more specific questions about what you're having problems with, but I believe you have a large audience here willing to lend their knowledge.

@Le Lynx

To respond about what @Vanamonde said, I was not trying to be facetious or derogatory towards you.  I have a habit of trying to put pop culture references into my speech, both in forums and real life.  It is done to make people laugh - or groan, in some cases - but not to make anyone feel unwelcome.  I apologize if it came across badly.

Did the info I provided help?

On 1/11/2021 at 9:46 PM, Le Lynx said:

Okay, but Can someone explain to me how the KAL-1000 works, please?

you place the kal on your vehicle, then you select the kal and select "open editor". it will ask something on where to find stuff, and you have to select "action groups" (which is basically the only choice, I think. i'm a bit rusty with the kal).

so now you have your action menu open. the kal is set to a timer. from the action menu, you can select multiple parts and set a minimum and maximum value in the editor. Say, for example, you are telling a robotic part to be set for 90 degrees at 0 seconds and 0 degrees at 5 seconds; in that case, moving the timer of the kal (something you can do authomatically or manually) will move the robotic part accordingly. at 0 seconds it will be 90 degrees, at 5 seconds 0 degrees, at 2.5 seconds 45 degrees, and so on.

not much of an explanation, but i would need pictures to explain better

On 1/11/2021 at 4:57 PM, Le Lynx said:

Can someone explain to me how the KAL-1000 works?

It works great and never fail. (it was a similiar joke in StarTrek when producer was asked how work hyperdrive)

You setting in this "animation path" for other parts. Exactly like animation in 3dmax.

In this path You are seting values on Yaxis and time on Xaxis. You can change duration, execution (play once, play loop, play back and forth).

But... If You are not familiar with using such tools (let say for animation, or prcedural execution) it will take You a while untill You get with complexity of multiple controlers. So take Your time and start with something simple to test. Then You find lot of workarounds for animating robots and using lot of controlers for fun.

But! Robotics during game load ssss... So You will soon find misplaced parts far away from its origin.

On 1/11/2021 at 11:23 PM, Vanamonde said:

Joke answers can be very frustrating for someone who's already having trouble with the game, guys. 

It is a whole fun about this game - it is frustrating like all problem solving in enginering. You tray, and try and reality is laughing at You.

Try to use controler (like arduino) and see how many issues You get into. And You gonna solve them. I have lot of industrial machines for production and theoreticly everything should work by the book, but it dosent and part of the job is to find workarounds (even if it is workaround internal buerocracy).

Edited by vv3k70r

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.